Use of UQD and similar products

Detaling and car washing techniques

Use of UQD and similar products

Postby SegR » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:21 am

I've been trying to get my head around how it's safe to use Ultimate Quik Detailer on a car that isn't 100% clean. (which seems to be the point of it, other than just giving the wax a quick boost)

If it's been 3 days since I washed my car and I've been out a couple of times and I use UQD, am I not going to be dragging small particles of crap around my paintwork?
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Re: Use of UQD and similar products

Postby Kekotic » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 am

SegR wrote:I've been trying to get my head around how it's safe to use Ultimate Quik Detailer on a car that isn't 100% clean. (which seems to be the point of it, other than just giving the wax a quick boost)

If it's been 3 days since I washed my car and I've been out a couple of times and I use UQD, am I not going to be dragging small particles of crap around my paintwork?

Yes, not to mention half the stuff won't be making it on to your paint anyway as the dust absorbs it.

Use a waterless wash spray like Meguiars spray detailer to get rid of the dust, it only takes about 15 minutes to do the whole car.
I use Image Armor All polishing cloth for both UQD and the spray detailer (I have 4 of these cloths - works better than using a micro fibre)
If you don't want to get your cloth dirty, dust off the car using a regular dry micro fibre cloth.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Return to Detailing