What & Where & How - Detailing

Detaling and car washing techniques

Re: What & Where & How - Detailing

Postby Kekotic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Brunsy3.0 wrote:A good idea for a thread. Top work

I'll give it a big update tonight, a lot of outdated stuff there.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:34 pm

I am yet to try a claybar or even a polish. I do thoroughly clean and occasionally wax but thats about as far as it has gotten. Have been looking into claybaring as I have a lot of limestone residue on the drivers side from the sprinklers before I redirected them but definately rough to the touch am hoping claybarin will solvr this as for polishing my kind isn't made up just yet
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby Kekotic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:41 pm

Brunsy3.0 wrote:I am yet to try a claybar or even a polish. I do thoroughly clean and occasionally wax but thats about as far as it has gotten. Have been looking into claybaring as I have a lot of limestone residue on the drivers side from the sprinklers before I redirected them but definately rough to the touch am hoping claybarin will solvr this as for polishing my kind isn't made up just yet

Clay will only remove most contaminants on the paint, not all. A further Decontamination, something like Iron X or isopropyl mix with water will remove even more. But then adding wax on top of that is kind of a waste because the idea is to remove the contaminants from the paint so you can then go ahead and polish the car. Something like a glaze might work okay for you if you don't want to polish because it basically fills in the unevenness of the paint which then gives a better reflection. But a glaze is only temporary and will be removed after a couple of months of weather / washing, whereas polishing is technically permanent provided nothing other than water touches the paint.

I'm sure you have read this but just in case you haven't, clay removes wax and sealants from the paint. So you would need to wax afterwards.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:06 pm

My spraypainter also suggested to mix a small amount of vinegar to the water to dilute the limestone I havent done this I thought I might try to get the stuff thats already on there off. I will give the claybar a go and see how far that gets me if I need more I will look down that path. Lucky I have a white lib I suppose haha
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Postby Kekotic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Brunsy3.0 wrote:My spraypainter also suggested to mix a small amount of vinegar to the water to dilute the limestone I havent done this I thought I might try to get the stuff thats already on there off. I will give the claybar a go and see how far that gets me if I need more I will look down that path. Lucky I have a white lib I suppose haha

http://waxit.com.au/p/8715645/carpro-ta ... 05ltr.html

Give that a shot.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Cheers for the advice need all the help I can get
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Postby Turbo Lag » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Where would I find Optimum products for sale here in Aus? I'd really like to try the OPT wax but I can't find anywhere to purchase it from. I've looked on Waxit and Carcarproducts but they don't stock OPT as far as I can tell.
'04 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Safety Pack Sedan 5MT & '08 Subaru Liberty GT-B Tuned by STI Wagon 6MT & '00 Toyota Altezza RS200-Z 6MT & '16 Honda CB500F
Turbo Lag

Car: 04 2.5i & 08 TBSTI & Altezza
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36287

Postby senator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Turbo Lag wrote:Where would I find Optimum products for sale here in Aus? I'd really like to try the OPT wax but I can't find anywhere to purchase it from. I've looked on Waxit and Carcarproducts but they don't stock OPT as far as I can tell.

chat to Hamish

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18525
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby Harrybob » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:32 pm

senator wrote:
Turbo Lag wrote:Where would I find Optimum products for sale here in Aus? I'd really like to try the OPT wax but I can't find anywhere to purchase it from. I've looked on Waxit and Carcarproducts but they don't stock OPT as far as I can tell.

chat to Hamish

Alternatively you can give https://www.zas.com.au/ a try.
Harrybob

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec.B

Postby Turbo Lag » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:41 pm

senator wrote:

chat to Hamish

Cheers will PM him. :D

Harrybob wrote:
senator wrote:

chat to Hamish

Alternatively you can give https://www.zas.com.au/ a try.

Will definitely try if not.

Thanks guys
'04 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Safety Pack Sedan 5MT & '08 Subaru Liberty GT-B Tuned by STI Wagon 6MT & '00 Toyota Altezza RS200-Z 6MT & '16 Honda CB500F
Turbo Lag

Car: 04 2.5i & 08 TBSTI & Altezza
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36287

Postby Monkey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Wondering if anyone has tried Car-Lack 68? I noticed Buddah mention this product, and it has excellent recommendations in a number of detailing forums.
As I understand, it's a cleaner and polish in one which is applied, wait ~20 mins, then wash off. Done.
Very keen to place an order but hoping for any feedback for the Subaru paint
INfo here: http://www.extrashine.com.au/product_info.html
Monkey

Car: MY07 black 6MT Liberty tbSTI sedan

Postby madix » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Monkey wrote:Wondering if anyone has tried Car-Lack 68? I noticed Buddah mention this product, and it has excellent recommendations in a number of detailing forums.
As I understand, it's a cleaner and polish in one which is applied, wait ~20 mins, then wash off. Done.
Very keen to place an order but hoping for any feedback for the Subaru paint
INfo here: http://www.extrashine.com.au/product_info.html

I have it and tried it a few times and as far as I can tell, it's the same product as Klasse AIO which is one of my favourite detailing products because of its versatility.
madix

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:14 pm

I took in a lot of advice and wisdom found on this thread and finally gave the girl a proper detail. Double wash, claybar, polish, wax and admire

first time claybarring and also polishing and I must say that the polish gives it such a deep shine I never believed it made such a difference but am still quite impressed even though the rain spoilt it a few days after

thanks to everyone for their advice espec kieran cheers mate
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Postby cooki_monsta » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:59 am

Brunsy3.0 wrote:I took in a lot of advice and wisdom found on this thread and finally gave the girl a proper detail. Double wash, claybar, polish, wax and admire

first time claybarring and also polishing and I must say that the polish gives it such a deep shine I never believed it made such a difference but am still quite impressed even though the rain spoilt it a few days after

thanks to everyone for their advice espec kieran cheers mate

Good on ya, mate! I know that feeling too well :(
Philips 4000 K Bulbs / Alpine ICS-X7 Mobile Media Station / Pioneer 2-Way Component Speakers and 2-Way Coaxial Speakers / Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel / XForce Mufflers / Tein Street Flex Coil-Overs / Subaru 17x8J +53 mm Wheels with 235/40R17 Dunlop SP Sport 01 Tires / Cusco Rear Sway Bar, End Links, and Brackets / DBA T2 Brake Rotors / Project Mu NS Brake Pads

http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/
cooki_monsta

Car: MY05 BL9 > MY08 Z33
Profile URL: http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/

Postby Smokin' Liberty » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:04 pm

This is great, I have been washing cars (my own) for 23 years and never realised there was such an art to it.

Using this forum, and buying some of the products recommended I have been rapt with the results, and the ease.

2 buckets, noodle wash mitt, waffle-weave drying cloth and good quality car shampoo have been a revelation!

Thanks! :D :D :D
Smokin' Liberty
-stickered-

Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i MY12

PreviousNext

Return to Detailing