What & Where & How - Detailing

Detaling and car washing techniques

Re: What & Where - Detailing

Postby vp920b » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:23 am

Nice thread Kieran.

I want to try nano eagle one spray wax.. It says can be a filler for the paint(no need polish, straight to this chemicals, so wax can fill the paint swirls).

Will posting up new chemicals that I just bought from US. hehehe..

Cheers
vp920b

Car: 1992 Liberty RS

Postby Kekotic » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:54 pm

First post updated.
I'll take a look at some of my products soon to get some more sections in, just need more input from people :D

Cheers for all the responses so far guys.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Re: What & Where & How - Detailing

Postby Kekotic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Most of my detailing collection - minus the run of the mill tyre shine (use for detailing rubber/plastic parts of the car) / degreaser bottles and doubles of products I have

My ever growing cloth collection.
Left tub is for all my polishing good quality cloths, right tub is divided in two, left for clean new cloths, right for dirty(ish) cloths that I can use for engine bay/ wheels / general dirty stuff
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby vp920b » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Nice collection Kieran. Simple but it's AG mate.

Anyway, can I get few of your MF towel? :D

Cheers
vp920b

Postby teK-- » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Good collection of info :)

it's not clear as to which rain x product was recommended, but I have found the washer bottle additive one to be really easy to use and just as effective as the others.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Yeah sorry the one I recommended was Rain X Original per the first post. That's the one you rub on the windows to fill in the glass pores, different to the additive. I shall add your recommendation for the additive now. Thanks for the input.

For those looking at this thread, it's not a 'best of' thread because in reality there is no best of.
This is just a detailed thread on the products people use, coupled with their opinions on the product.

If you have a product that has not been mentioned yet, Please post a quick review of the product and I will add it to the list!

Cheers.

Edit: and if anyone can help me on the formatting of the post that would be great, colour wise etc. If it needs greater spacing. It's very hard to get it all sorted.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Did someone mention rain x not to be used on front wind screen with the wipers?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby teK-- » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:35 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Did someone mention rain x not to be used on front wind screen with the wipers?

I've done it on two cars for over 5 years with no ill effect. That's how the washer additive was intended to be used
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Did someone mention rain x not to be used on front wind screen with the wipers?

The someone who mentioned that was a person who thought that Silicon would get on their paintwork, and they clearly had no idea how RainX works.

It's a very laborious task in applying it to the glass, because you are literally filling the pores of the glass with the product and then rubbing the rest off the actual glass.
If ANYONE has actually applied RainX they would know how the product works & hopefully why it works. And I can say that it works very very well.

edit: above for what Jim has said, I can't personally comment on the washer fluid additive, but I can imagine that if it is a silicone based fluid that it could be an issue for people who don't want silicone being washed onto their car. However Rain X ORIGINAL is designed to only fill the pores of the glass, and there is no excess product left on the windscreen. This is why it is such a bitch to apply, but considering you don't need to use wipers for a couple of months when doing 70+km/h....it is well worth it. Adding a 2nd layer of the product is god like, and you will have water running off your windscreen at 40km/h
Last edited by Kekotic on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Ill add rainx to my huge collection, also going to track down fogx, the same company that makes rainx is supposed to eliminate the fog on the inside of the glass. Forums say that snorkel and deep sea divers use this to keep the inside of their face masks clear...

:assassin:
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby blacknwhite » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Instead of Rainx that I used to use and good but an absolute pain to apply try Nanolex. When I bought it it was about 30 bucks
It is said to last 20,000k with wipers and 50,ooo without
It takes the same amount of time to apply as Rain x following the instructions with less drama
I have had it on for 3 yrs and while I do not do big K,s I do not doubt the longevity
GT spec B MY07
Black/White interior
blacknwhite
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks blacknwhite. Added.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby vp920b » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:03 pm

New collection..

Some private use, some are my friends who wants it

Other from this pics are Blackfire Wet Diamond-Spray Detailer, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, DP Paint Sealant.

Thanks
vp920b

Postby Kekotic » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Naldo when you get a chance can you write some mini reviews of products I don't have on the list yet, thanks :)
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby singh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 am

Statts wrote:Can any Adelaide members recommend a local detailer for cut & polish and interior?

This is the question I was gonna ask somebody here.... anyway I just booked mine at DeluxeCarDetailers @ 31 Petrova Ave Windsor Gardens, please check their website <www.deluxecardetailers.com.au>

I was thinking to go dandsauto.com.au but they are expensive :| and mine car condition (black 05 liberty) isn't too bad after all.

I am getting 'Pack-1' comprehensive car detailing interior/exterior with cut n polish for $300... got bookin on Jan13 nxt yr, and will let you know how it goes with pic before n after :) , hopefuly they do a gud job :!:
singh

Car: 2.5 Subaru Liberty MY05 Saftey Pack

PreviousNext

Return to Detailing