WAX vs POLISH

Detaling and car washing techniques

Re: WAX vs POLISH

Postby vp920b » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Well, these spray wax can be apply to glass, but with a very minimal use. I mean that you spray a bit, only mist then wipe till dry. Why? Because too much product can make your wiper hard to move, like leaving some residue in the windscreen when you get into rain(sort of smearing thing, like when you put thick coats and thin coats).

For window I really recommend using the Ultimate detailer, not Ultimate quick wax. You can use Ultimate quik wax but put it on the microfibre cloth. Then you wipe to the wind screen, because it contains waxes and all the stuff more than the UQD.

But to be honest, if you want water not touching your windscreen and all that stuff, try glass polish. It will make water beads damn well and not even leave any water marks. But as Kieran said, labour intensive and took long time to finish it. Glass polish that I recommend: Glass Science product(not available in OZ but should be able buy online), then Sonax glass polish from Germany(available at local car store).

Anyway Hamish, to answer about polishing, COLORX is only AIO product, which I mention before above to Chris. If you want pure polish and you're still doing with hand, try to use Ultimate compound.

Thanks
vp920b

Car: 1992 Liberty RS

Postby Kekotic » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Naldo you should have seen my beading at the car wash today! You would have been proud.
I think I'll just get you to polish and wax my car instead of me buying all the buffers myself, you do too good of a job!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

WAX vs POLISH

Postby Mr Cali » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 am

I wouldn't put anything silicon based on my car
Mr Cali

Car: Silver Gen IV Liberty GT

Postby vp920b » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 am

chaotic2050 wrote:Naldo you should have seen my beading at the car wash today! You would have been proud.
I think I'll just get you to polish and wax my car instead of me buying all the buffers myself, you do too good of a job!

Yeah Kieran,

I saw your car on the pics that you run on Snow, gravel, on mt.Donna Buang.

But you also wash your car quickly, so I'm pretty glad since if it's dirty, yeah, you need to wash your car quickly so it wouldn't stick unto your car.

If you got pics for beading and sheeting, please do take pics mate!

Wanna see it.

Cheers

Naldo
vp920b

Postby champ » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Mr Cali wrote:I wouldn't put anything silicon based on my car

Is there a reason for this?

Also, Naldo... I think this section has had its fair share of acronyms, maybe if its not too much trouble, put a short list at the first post for the benefit of others? If I hadn't been following, I wouldn't have know what a UQD was :lol:
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby vp920b » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:07 pm

champ wrote:
Mr Cali wrote:I wouldn't put anything silicon based on my car

Is there a reason for this?

Also, Naldo... I think this section has had its fair share of acronyms, maybe if its not too much trouble, put a short list at the first post for the benefit of others? If I hadn't been following, I wouldn't have know what a UQD was :lol:

Silicon based is almost none on any Meguiar's product from what I knew. But like amway, yes they do use silicone products. But new products these days almost no silicon based. Well, I did not know about putting silicon based on car, but what I knew there is no silicon based on new product these days.

Anyway acronyms starting from Meguiar's product:

UQD: Ultimate quik detailer
UQW: Ultimate quik wax
UC: Ultimate Compound
GCCP: Gold class carnaubra plus
DC1-2-3: Deep crystal
QD-QW: quik detailer-quik wax

Zaino product:
Z2: sealant
Z5: polish
Z6: spray gloss enhancer
Z8: spray detailer-sealant
Z9-Z10: leather care

Hmm, forgot for the other product. Will be listed more if I found more. hehe.. :)

Cheers
vp920b

Postby Kekotic » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:36 am

The only silicon based product mentioned was the RAINX original, which is for glass only...so I don't see the problem?
Kekotic
-stickered-

WAX vs POLISH

Postby Mr Cali » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:51 am

Silicon has a way of spreading over large areas fast. I'll give you an example, when I used to work at car body mods place, a guy across the road used a tyre spray that had silicon on it. We didn't know this at the time but when we started painting cars all of them left spots all over the fresh paint as it wasn't able to stick to it. Silicon also has a away of embedding into deep into your paint. Luckily most well known detailing brands have now phased out the use of silicon based products.
Mr Cali

Car: Silver Gen IV Liberty GT

Postby Kekotic » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Okay but the way RAINX has to be applied, you can't get any on your paint.

You drip it onto a microfibre towel, and then have to buff it deeply into the glass, then rub it off when it dries, and then repeat a 2nd time.
All it does is fill the pores in the glass, there is no excess left to go other places on the car.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby jdm rsk » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:37 pm

personly silicone is ok i dont have any problems with it. most people dont keep their car for ever so i wounldnt worry about it.
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby austin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 pm

guys just remember that if you are after anything Meguiars, "jelwin" on this forum is an authorised distributer and sells at wholesale prices.
Black Liberty 3.0R 5EAT [TEAM BLACK]
austin

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R MY05

Postby vp920b » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm

austin wrote:guys just remember that if you are after anything Meguiars, "jelwin" on this forum is an authorised distributer and sells at wholesale prices.

thanks Austin.

Yes, that's the guy who sells Meguiars. :D
vp920b

Postby Kekotic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Oh wow thanks Tom!
Ultimate quick wax bottles here I come 8)
Kekotic
-stickered-

Previous

Return to Detailing