EcuDataScan discussion

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: EcuDataScan discussion

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Parso,

Is Daren back? Just hadn't heard any updates in a while on the ECUdatascan forum.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby parso_rex » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:Parso,

Is Daren back? Just hadn't heard any updates in a while on the ECUdatascan forum.

Not sure I still have to get my Unit off him.It was either this week or last I think. I'll give him a call tomorrow
Euro Remappers.www.recode.net.au
parso_rex

Car: Liberty GTspecB, 04STI, A3 1.8T

Postby sundayDriver » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:48 pm

What happened to this?

Did anyone in Cbr get one?
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:51 pm

several of us did ..I think there were 10 from memory. I absolutely love mine and wish I had more time play, log and research with it.

Most of the time I monitor the boost ( bar ) engine speed (rpm) and air intake temp (C). My display is in a 3 x 1 format plus real time graphs on the other half screen of the screen. You can monitor all the ecu parameters for my car and the combos are endless.

The iGo8 GPS is just the best I have ever used full stop.

The $429 I paid for mine was such a good deal.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby parso_rex » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 pm

You know I still haven't picked mine up :lol: Still have the demo unit. I just have to drop in and get it though so my fault.

Yep the iGo 8 software is very good. If theres another one around or some other really good app then it can be made to work too with some changes if we are very nice. Apparently the iGo 09 version is not as good as they went to the to a different mapping system sensis vs the other one (can't remember off hand) whereis or whatever ?
Still a few things to add in the PIDs but its pretty good all over
parso_rex

Postby GTB Liberty » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:13 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:several of us did ..I think there were 10 from memory. I absolutely love mine and wish I had more time play, log and research with it.

Most of the time I monitor the boost ( bar ) engine speed (rpm) and air intake temp (C). My display is in a 3 x 1 format plus real time graphs on the other half screen of the screen. You can monitor all the ecu parameters for my car and the combos are endless.

The iGo8 GPS is just the best I have ever used full stop.

The $429 I paid for mine was such a good deal.

Yep I have one. Some minor software glitches, like most devices, which are being worked on.

Throw away the Defi gauges as this just eats them alive for data, logging, etc.

The GPS is added bonus, and I agree with Dave, brilliant to use. The road speed setting (the map issue that Parso talks about - doesn't exist in later versions maps due to a new provider) and speed/red camera positioning is worth points ;) I mean staying on your licence. It to has faults but if it tells you its 80 on the freeway well disregard. School zone - check your watch FAST . . . What it does is tell me speed change points almost to the meter most times.

I now enter every multinova I pass. Regardless of if they are there all the time or not. I get a warning of its possibility.

Same as Dave - group bought. Same as my radar detector - I don't leave home without it.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby sundayDriver » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks. Wish I got one now. I've been too lazy to get the tactrix cable like i wanted, I'll watch out for a second group buy if it happens.
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 pm

sundayDriver wrote:Thanks. Wish I got one now. I've been too lazy to get the tactrix cable like i wanted, I'll watch out for a second group buy if it happens.

You don't have to get a taxtrix. I picked up a cable off of Ebay for nominal money ($40 odd???) which I have used to log.

See http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6033.
GTB Liberty

Postby Ric » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:04 am

For anyone who hasn't looked in the Motorsport forum, I've posted some logs taken by my ECUdatascan while I was doing a hillclimb last sunday.
viewtopic.php?p=103928#p103928

It's pretty simple to make these graphs, just by opening the log file with EXCEL, and using the "insert scatter graph" function.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Anyone tried to change the colour scheme on the GPS software? I tried to use the "Old School" colour scheme and the GPS froze. I turned the unit off (unplugged the cable) and restarted only to find an error each time the GPS software tries to load. It cannot find the file.

So, I inserted the backup SD card and repeated the process, with the same results. :x So I had to manually navigate my way home !!!

I am wondering why the GPS software could not find the file. It is zipped in the root\igo8\content\scheme sub-directory. Should these files be unzipped?

In the mean time, I will remain with the default color scheme by restoring both SD cards with the defaults from my home PC. :D

Kind Regards,

Mark.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby dwayne » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Yeah they are supposed to be zipped. Maybe delete the gps directory from the SD card and copy over again, then reset the ECUDataScan (button on the back)

Dwayne

Car: MY07 OBP 6MT GTBSTi

Postby MH3.0R » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Dwayne,

Thanks for the suggestion, but if you examine a bit closer my original post, I have effectively already done that by changing the SD Card and repeating the process. The second time around, the results were the same. I have also done an Reset on the unit after one of the freezes to no avail.

Any other suggestions welcome. Kind Regards,

Mark.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Postby parso_rex » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:22 pm

I know the unit is setup to allow that that GPS prog executable specifically and not just by name either, uses a checksum to verify. Basically means you can't run another prog on there unless the exe has been included in the current list of allowed progs. Having said that if you are only changing colour schemes that are being loaded or whatever then it wouldn't make a difference would it ?
parso_rex

Postby MH3.0R » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Parso_Rex,

Thanks for your commets, and I agree with them, that chaning the colour scheme of the GPS application should not make any difference to the operation or executables. However, It does modify some configuration files (about 3 files I think) after attempting to modify the colour. At the point the application and unit freezes and pulling the power plug is the method I used to turn it off.

Still happy to ahve commetns from others if anyone has changed the colour scheme sucessfully?

Kind Regards,

Mark.
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Postby jp928 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:59 am

Who mentioned Knock from ECUDatascan ? I cant find anything coming from ECU about knock at all?
jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon.
jp928

Car: 08 gtb 6mt wagon

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning