2012 LGT BM9 5EAT Denso ECU 22675AF300 compatibility query

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

2012 LGT BM9 5EAT Denso ECU 22675AF300 compatibility query

Postby JohariAhmad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 am

Hai everyone.....

I'm here seeking for help to source for compatible Denso ECU for my 2012 LGT BM9 5EAT

My Denso ECU PN: 22765AF300

VIN Plate Details as below
Built: Aug 2012
VIN: JF1BM9KV3DG019475
Applied model: BM9KCV
Trim Code: J20
Option Code: KC64
Engine Type: EJ255LBDME
Transmission Type: TG5D8CLAAA

My ECU brick about 2.5month ago. Successfully repaired by Tactrix & awaiting for shipment to my country.
I post it in legacygt.com forum too & some people advice me to ask in this forum for help. I hope anyone
have some idea about this topic can help me giving some information required.

My intention of seeking compatible ECU purely for make it as spare ECU in case I brick my ECU again.

My 1st question, can anyone tell me...

in Australia region is there any 5th Gen
LGT 5EAT fitted with the same Denso ECU as mine 22765AF300?

IMG-20181001-WA0031.jpg
Denso ECU 22765AF300
IMG-20181001-WA0031.jpg (134.04 KiB) Viewed 10361 times
MY12 LGT 2.5 BM9 Stock daily driven
JohariAhmad

Car: 2012 LGT 2.5T 5EAT

Re: 2012 LGT BM9 5EAT Denso ECU 22675AF300 compatibility que

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Yes very probably since your car is rhd and the same destination code as ADM.
If you swap ecu, you’ll want to source the matching handshake security set, iirc that’s ecu, *edit* body integrated unit, instrument cluster, key barrel and keys from a single wreck. Do you research to confirm, otherwise you’ll need to trailer the car to a dealer to get it reset.
I made a parts guide link here. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34980
Where I describe the process of getting an adm cars vin via a vicroads vin check via number plate, put the vin into eg partsouq and compare the result to yours re ecu code. Let us know how you go.
Last edited by bigBADbenny on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby JohariAhmad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Thank you very much.. :D :D :D I really appreciate it. It has been 2.5months trying to find exact ECU of my 22765AF300 now you help me finding it on the net. At least now I know from which market region my ECU belong to. I tried in JDM & USDM, nothing match with 22765AF300. I really appreciate your help.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine ... d=12629&q=

Screenshot of 22675AF300 ECU under Europe Model 02.JPG
22765AF300 Denso ECU LGT BR/BM9
Screenshot of 22675AF300 ECU under Europe Model 02.JPG (230.49 KiB) Viewed 10348 times
Last edited by JohariAhmad on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohariAhmad

Postby JohariAhmad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:03 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Yes very probably since your car is rhd and the same destination code as ADM.
If you swap ecu, you’ll want to source the matching handshake security set, iirc that’s ecu, instrument cluster, key barrel and keys from a single wreck. Do you research to confirm, otherwise you’ll need to trailer the car to a dealer to get it reset.
I made a parts guide link here. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34980
Where I describe the process of getting an adm cars vin via a vicroads vin check via number plate, put the vin into eg partsouq and compare the result to yours re ecu code. Let us know how you go.

Yes... I'm aware this part. I need to pair the spare ECU I plan to use with may car BIU so that it will communicate with my car chasis specific accessories & components.... most importantly the IMMOBILIZER unit.

For this,... I need to bring my car to subaru dealership & ask them to pair my ECU with car BIU. Am I right on this?
JohariAhmad

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Yes or source the complete set from a wreck with matching ecu, keys, key barrel ecu and cluster, but obviously check what parts are actually required.
I’m not sure the exact parts required for Gen5 but a quick search eg here or lgt may provide results.

Well done, I spent 5 minutes looking for the ecu on partsouq with no luck.

Now you can use the process I linked to find an adm vin and find out if its the same ecu.
Then you can locate a donor at Australian wreckers.

If you look at my tune faq link there’s info in there in how to avoid bricking your ecu next time :)
Last edited by bigBADbenny on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigBADbenny

Postby JohariAhmad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:40 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Yes or source the complete set from a wreck with matching ecu, keys, key barrel ecu and cluster, but obviously check what parts are actually required.

Now you can use the process I linked to find an adm vin and find out if its the same ecu.

If you look at my tune faq link there’s info in there in how to avoid bricking your ecu next time :)

Ok got it... if

A) Only ECU - need to pair it at Subaru dealership for immobilizer & etc.
B) If ECU + key + everything (with identaical matching model & accessories AKA same VIN & Trim code,100% same car with accessories 100% same) - Plug & play everything & will work just fine.

I hope my assumption is correct
JohariAhmad

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Yep see my edits ^^^
In what submenu on partsouq is the ecu?
Oh I see it in the link thanks, I did get to that page but missed the code and name :)
bigBADbenny

Postby JohariAhmad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:03 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Yes or source the complete set from a wreck with matching ecu, keys, key barrel ecu and cluster, but obviously check what parts are actually required.
I’m not sure the exact parts required for Gen5 but a quick search eg here or lgt may provide results.

Ok... I will follow your advice on sourcing the donor car at Australian wreckers. Thanks a lot :D

I did finish the flash procedure..... until ECuFlash message saying flash completed & I can switch off my ignition.... then I found out my ECU brick. This is not my 1st or 2nd time of flashing... this is after the 6th updated tuned ROM I receive from my remote-tuner. More surprisingly..... after ECU brick ECU ID in RomRaider change :(
ECU ID before & after brick.jpg
ECU ID Before & After brick
ECU ID before & after brick.jpg (87.46 KiB) Viewed 10343 times
JohariAhmad

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Yeah I saw some of your posts on Romraider, was the issue possibly in the tune file, or was it a rom for another car?

I had a similar issue except ecu edit just seemed to crash or freeze after writing and I made the colossal mistake of turning the key to off, as opposed to rebooting the laptop and say inspecting the logs or putting back the previous tune.

A real kick in the nuts that cost me around $400 including insured platinum express post and a week of sleepless nights :)
These days I avoid reflashing unless I absolutely have to.

Oh and for reference the ECU is called the UNIT-EGI CONTROL and is found in the RELAY & SENSOR (ENGINE) subsection of the parts catalogue Engine, Fuel Systems group. I gotta check that out for Gen4 :P
bigBADbenny

Postby JohariAhmad » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 am

bigBADbenny wrote:Yeah I saw some of your posts on Romraider, was the issue possibly in the tune file, or was it a rom for another car?

I post in RomRaider about ECU def request http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=15043 nothing about my ECU brick

I did post about my ECU compatibility query at legacygt.com https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread. ... 75665.html & it has some info on how my ECU brick

It is hard to say... whether bad tuned ROM or ROM not meant to another car. I start engage with my remote tuner on 08Aug2018, Receive 1st tuned ROM 10Aug2018. The process of flash & data logging successfully going on between tuned ROMs. Until on the 7th tuned ROM; 21Aug2018 flashed it successfully with that ROM & it went Brick.

Tuned ROM progress history v0 to v2a (ECU Brick).jpg
1st ROM 08Aug18 7th ROM 21Aug18 ECU Brick
Tuned ROM progress history v0 to v2a (ECU Brick).jpg (31.33 KiB) Viewed 10336 times

I don't want to accuse my tuner too.... since I have no evident. It is better if I maintain prefessional reaction towards my tuner with regard to this issue, & moving forward with tuning progress once I got my car running & I have my fully functional spare ECU ready. The main important thing is to know what was the fault causing it... so that we can learnt & prevent it from happening again.... I'm a problem solving oriented person due to my nature of my career in my oil & gas industry. It is very important to learnt from mistake (much better from others mistake rather than my own :D ) & take neccessary action to prevent it... rather than putting the blame to someone.... Human make mistake... we are not GOD. But if a person make a mistake then keep it by himself/herself not telling anyone.... causing other people in great pain try to figure out what was the cause.... then it is very serious offence & inhuman attitude. In my career... I have seen a lot where people accidentally make mistake & trip the whole crude oil processing plant or the main steam turbine plant.... they think they are smart & people woudn't know it. But we have CCTV, process alarm/event history on the plant control room. Everything is traceble......

But in my issue of ECU brick... I don't know how to track it down base on the ROM. I still at the very begining & learning curve of RomRaider EcuFlash & etc. Bought my Tactrix OP 2.0 a year ago... & then start using it 3 month ago. Still lots more to learn... at this moment I only able to log & flash only.

Do you have any idea how to know if that 7th ROM is BAD or NOT belong to my car (i.e. tuner accidentally sent wrong ROM)

bigBADbenny wrote: I had a similar issue except ecu edit just seemed to crash or freeze after writing and I made the colossal mistake of turning the key to off, as opposed to rebooting the laptop and say inspecting the logs or putting back the previous tune.

That is a big No No.... but when we panic we tend to forget this big mistake. Anyway my ECU brick did not have any of these... the EcuFlash did finish as per normal. But still my Ecu Brick

bigBADbenny wrote: A real kick in the nuts that cost me around $400 including insured platinum express post and a week of sleepless nights :)
These days I avoid reflashing unless I absolutely have to.

You had sleepless week... I had lots of weeks :roll: U sent your ECU to Tactrix too? when was this happend?

bigBADbenny wrote: Oh and for reference the ECU is called the UNIT-EGI CONTROL and is found in the RELAY & SENSOR (ENGINE) subsection of the parts catalogue Engine, Fuel Systems group. I gotta check that out for Gen4 :P

Yes that is correct.... Sorry I didn't respond on your question regarding this in ealier reply...
JohariAhmad

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Yep that was my exact attitude too.
Live and learn hopefully.

At that time my best option was Chiptorque in QLD, super service!
I think they still offer the service.
But iirc current options include Rich at Entra in ACT and an esteemed member, madmansean here in VIC.
It’s absolutely possible to set yourself up to diy the job as well.
bigBADbenny

Postby MadmanSean » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:47 am

ECU Bricking is quite common among subaru's due to their code implementation...

As Benny said above i'm able to unbrick the ECU, please feel free to contact me see my facebook page www.facebook.com/sickchips if your interested.

The process only involves the ecu itself so it can be posted to me and ill post it back same day turn around time :)

I would recommend this option over replacing the whole ecu, if you replace the whole ecu you will need to have the VIN coded to the new ecu and this can be a costly process... plus the replacement cost of the ecu itself.
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489
If you'd like to say thank you feel free to Buy me a coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sickchips
MadmanSean

Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Hey Sean, how about the possibility of a complete spare handshake set?

Iirc that might be ECU, BIU, key barrel reader, keys and instrument cluster from a single matching series, grade and transmission donor.

Could that be swapped in without dealer intervention to get it running?
bigBADbenny

Postby JohariAhmad » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 am

MadmanSean wrote:ECU Bricking is quite common among subaru's due to their code implementation...

As Benny said above i'm able to unbrick the ECU, please feel free to contact me see my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/sickchips if your interested.

The process only involves the ecu itself so it can be posted to me and ill post it back same day turn around time :)

I would recommend this option over replacing the whole ecu, if you replace the whole ecu you will need to have the VIN coded to the new ecu and this can be a costly process... plus the replacement cost of the ecu itself.

Hai Sean,

Thank you very much for visiting my thread. Someone mention about your expertise with repairing Bricked ECU in my legacygt.com thread. But that time my ECU already sent to Tactrix.

Now I'm waiting for my ECU to be shipped back to me. My intention to have spare ECu is for back-up. I wouldn't dare to continue with my tuning until I have a spare ECU. Having had an ECU brick was really PITA especially with my case is beyond 2months.

Anyway I really appreciate your visit in my thread.

About my spare ECU hunting, would you able to help me with it?
JohariAhmad

Next

Return to Tuning