2012 LGT BM9 5EAT Denso ECU 22675AF300 compatibility query

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: 2012 LGT BM9 5EAT Denso ECU 22675AF300 compatibility que

Postby MadmanSean » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:35 am

bigBADbenny wrote:Hey Sean, how about the possibility of a complete spare handshake set?

Iirc that might be ECU, BIU, key barrel reader, keys and instrument cluster from a single matching series, grade and transmission donor.

Could that be swapped in without dealer intervention to get it running?

Hi BBB, Yes that's definitely possible and can be seen as the simpler route however sourcing a complete set of those things and installing may be harder than sourcing an equivalent ECU from another market/model.

JohariAhmad wrote:
About my spare ECU hunting, would you able to help me with it?

Please PM me as I have a spare 5TH GEN 2.5T ECU :D
Part # 22765AB900
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489
If you'd like to say thank you feel free to Buy me a coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sickchips
MadmanSean

Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Postby JohariAhmad » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:52 am

My car is running since about a month ago after receiving my ECU from Tactrix. I found offer for used ECU that compatible with my car. I plan to make this ECU as my spare & ready to plug & play in case I brick it again. My question is, upon getting this ECU bench flash with my car ROM. If I send my car to Subaru Dealership & pair it with keyless immobiliser. Will it work with the original ECU?

I asking this because someone who work as a Senior Tech Service Manager in one of Subaru Dealership in my country who happen to be a Subaru fan & mechanic & a casual track & rally racer. He told me, during the process of pairing. The existing immobiliser code will be deleted & new code will be used.

Thus if I swap with original ECU it will not work.

Which means there is no way I can pair 2 different ECU with a set of immobiliser belong to one car. In other words, I can not have a spare ECU ready to plug & play.

Is this true?
MY12 LGT 2.5 BM9 Stock daily driven
JohariAhmad

Car: 2012 LGT 2.5T 5EAT

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:03 pm

I believe the exception is having a spare complete handshake set.

Or a spare ecu only and a visit to the dealership to get it paired to the car.

I’d say you’d be just as able to setup your own reflash bench.

A member local to me in Vic is doing it amongst others: madmansean...

From memory all that’s required is a lab power supply, solder station, 555 timer circuit and maybe an oscilloscope.

And I’ve definitely read a how-to online...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby JohariAhmad » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:45 am

bigBADbenny wrote:I believe the exception is having a spare complete handshake set.

Or a spare ecu only and a visit to the dealership to get it paired to the car.

I’d say you’d be just as able to setup your own reflash bench.

A member local to me in Vic is doing it amongst others: madmansean...

From memory all that’s required is a lab power supply, solder station, 555 timer circuit and maybe an oscilloscope.

And I’ve definitely read a how-to online...

Yes I agree with you..... Now I actually thinking of making a decision to accept offer from madmansean.
He offered me an ECU complete with my desired ROM flashed into it.
If 100% I able to get it paired at Subaru dealership & make both, existing & new spare ECU that I’m going to buy….
To be compatible with my car immobiliser. In other word, at any time I can swap between these ECU.
I will go ahead to accept his offer.

Is this thing has been done in the past? Making 2 diffrent ECU to be paired with a car immobilizer?
JohariAhmad

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:24 am

Sean should have the answer.
Also, ecu bricking through tuned rom errors is, imho, reasonably rare.
It happens, but can be avoided with a few precautions...
bigBADbenny

Postby JohariAhmad » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:27 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Sean should have the answer.
Also, ecu bricking through tuned rom errors is, imho, reasonably rare.
It happens, but can be avoided with a few precautions...

in deed it is.... I took all neccessary precautions.... follow all procedures.... but if the tuned ROM is the issue.... It left me dead & need to face the PITA experience again....

My question.... if the ROM to be flash having issue... during test flash.... will it show some error first on the logs?

Also.... I receive some additional great support from Tactric:

I'm sending you a file that will update the registry settings for EcuFlash in order to show more debugging output. Unzip the attached ‘deep debugging’ file, doubleclick on this file inside, restart EcuFlash, and after that EcuFlash will be showing more details that are normally not seen by the end user. If you run in to a problem, it will help us understand what is happening with your system. If you run in to a problem with a reflash in the future, please copy everything from top to bottom in that 'Task Info' window and paste that information directly in to an email to support@tactrix.com. Let me know if you have any questions about this process. I've also included the registry edit (‘deep debugging off’) to eliminate the extra debugging info in case you want to switch back at some point. You don’t ever need to do that unless you are annoyed by the extra logging info. It’s not that much though, maybe 25% more information.

I'm not totally understand.... but I belive it is an addiotional ECU Flash update to enable additional logs during flashing process to be made available in the history logs... so that any issue of Ecu Brick it is tracable from these additional info.....
JohariAhmad

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:52 pm

From memory, there is a specific line or two of text in a standard log than should confirm a successful reflash.

Perhaps having a spare ecu on the bench, and flashing that with deep debugging, is a possible solution?

I’m way out of my depth at this point so hopefully the experts can offer their opinion:)
bigBADbenny

Postby MadmanSean » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:19 am

JohariAhmad wrote:
Yes I agree with you..... Now I actually thinking of making a decision to accept offer from madmansean.
If 100% I able to get it paired at Subaru dealership & make both, existing & new spare ECU that I’m going to buy….
To be compatible with my car immobiliser. In other word, at any time I can swap between these ECU.

Is this thing has been done in the past? Making 2 diffrent ECU to be paired with a car immobilizer?

Bit of bump: The answer to this question is no you cannot have more than one ECU paired with the other modules in the car at the same time.
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489
If you'd like to say thank you feel free to Buy me a coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sickchips
MadmanSean

Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Postby JohariAhmad » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:13 pm

MadmanSean wrote:
JohariAhmad wrote:

Bit of bump: The answer to this question is no you cannot have more than one ECU paired with the other modules in the car at the same time.

Thank you for answer given.
JohariAhmad

Previous

Return to Tuning