Base Map Update Help?????

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Base Map Update Help?????

Postby DanT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Surge wrote:Ecuflash does both flashing and editing of maps.

Just make sure you also download the definitions for ecuflash and place them in the appropriate folder.

Ecuflash will be a start. I do like the interface for romraider better though.

So when you're in romraider, if it won't open a rom then you can usually Google that rom ID and find a definition request thread on the romraider forums. Through there you can download and add the definition to your romraider.

Let me know the ID of the rom you can't open and I'll look for you.

Even with latest ecuflash defs it seems fussy the roms I downloaded are as follows
Call ID ECU ID
2003 JDM Subaru Legacy 3.0R AT D2ZR003A 2F0A366106
2004 EDM Subaru Legacy 3.0R AT D2ZS002C 2F4A346006
2004 JDM Subaru Legacy 3.0R AT D2ZU200A 2F0A367306
2005 ADM Subaru Liberty 3.0R AT D2ZY110H 3C5A347116
2005 EDM Subaru Legacy 3.0R AT D2ZZ001E 3C4A354006

The only one I can get to actually load is the 2004 jdm rom the rest wont show checked I definitely have the latest definitions I could find.
DanT

Car: Subaru Legacy B4 3.0R GT

Postby DanT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Just looking in ecu flash now as ive got it to play nice had the new defs in the wrong folder (derp)

The only difference I can see between the 03 and 05 so far is that the 05 has more parameters available to view and change then the 03 but the basics throttle vs load ignition maps etc all look to be the same so Im guessing if there are differences they are minor and a full tune would still be needed regardless.

Also looking between 03 04 05 I see all of them have slightly different parameters available in ecuflash is this a ecu flash issue a definition issue or genuine differences between revisions?

Would be better to see them all in romraider as its easier to read but from what i can see thats the only real differences so far.
DanT

Postby Surge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Different defs would be more likely the reason.

I'm in sydney right now so can't check romraider yet but there should be a way to get it working.

This repo might help you in the mean time to find ecu definitions for romraider:
http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopi ... =34&t=8635

I have compared a lot of stock roms in various models and years. I have found most of the time exactly what you have seen, in similar year models subaru doesn't bother to update the tune much at all.
Well that's my impression.

I would just work with your rom and follow all the guides one by one on the romraider forum.

Start building up a spare engine in the shed just in case things go bad in your testing.
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Postby DanT » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Surge wrote:Different defs would be more likely the reason.

I'm in sydney right now so can't check romraider yet but there should be a way to get it working.

This repo might help you in the mean time to find ecu definitions for romraider:
http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopi ... =34&t=8635

I have compared a lot of stock roms in various models and years. I have found most of the time exactly what you have seen, in similar year models subaru doesn't bother to update the tune much at all.
Well that's my impression.

I would just work with your rom and follow all the guides one by one on the romraider forum.

Start building up a spare engine in the shed just in case things go bad in your testing.

If you do get a chance to have a look that would be amazing!! As for the link thanks heaps hopefully this helps a bit will have a play around tomorrow.

If I had to choose one after looking at ecuflash it would probably be a toss up between the 04 jdm and the 05 edm because they had the most parameters available to view

And yeah if I can find a spare motor cheap enough id like to do a forged build on one of these blocks and twin charge it, cant have my daily motor split in half to do it so its a if and when a cheap ez30d pops up that I can just leave sitting for months at a time :lol:
DanT

Postby Surge » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:21 pm

DanT wrote:2005 EDM Subaru Legacy 3.0R AT D2ZZ001E 3C4A354006

I just loaded the rom above (and attached).

Opened fine in romraider.

keep in mind romraider has 2 sets of definitions you will require.

First romraider needs ECU definitions. And second romraider needs logger definitions.

If you only download the logger definitions for romraider, you wont be able to open the roms.

So you need to have downloaded the defs attached here:
http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic360.html

And then in romraider click on the 'ECU definitions' tab - 'ECU Definition Manager' - 'add' and then browse to the downloaded file. Then save and try to open the rom again.
Attachments
Subaru_Legacy_3.0_AT_2005.rar
(258.23 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Postby DanT » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi Surge,

I did check the defs there all up to date and can read some maps but not others its weird.

I did however receive my openport 2.0 yesterday so ive spent the day today tuning the dbw and doing a couple little tweaks like cl ol delay radiator kickin in earlier etc

I was able to pull the original rom off of my car and ecu flash could read it

I then tried to open it in romraider and it would not let me no def found

So I made a couple revisions and tested them just using ecu flash by itself. I have attached the rom I'm currently using car feels 10 times smoother and is a joy in comparison to drive, but just wondering if I've missed anything obvious I could of done and if you know how to get rid of the stupid factory speed limit that you hit in these at the top of 3rd gear.

Thanks in advance for having a quick squiz if you have time. :mrgreen:
DANZSUBIEREV2.zip
Open in ECUFLASH
(263.18 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
DanT

Postby DanT » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:59 pm

bump :P
DanT