Quick question!!!

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Quick question!!!

Postby WheelZ » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:44 am

Hey guys,

I need a OBDii thingy of some variety!

Apologies for my apparent laziness. I currently have 4 tabs open in this forum trying to find the answer, but i would like to read them all in full because i like to know things. And i'm in the middle of another thread on the US forums about a turbo upgrade which is turning into one hell of a ride, that i want to finish some time this year!

I want to order this bad boy ASAP, because i'm all about a little bit of instant gratification and i'd like for it to arrive yesterday!

Basically i want something that is super responsive because i plan on using it for real time display on a tablet as well as an effective data logger and maybe i use it for some other rad stuff later on. I'm honestly not too concerned about cost, i'm all about functionality - I read about the one that i can hook up to the in car nav? Bluetooth, wifi or cable doesn't really bother me, i'd just like the gauges to be super quick and responsive. I pretty much just want the best one that i allows me to do a whole bunch of things that i may never use as well as being able to display various gauges and what not via a tablet.

-Big bonus if it can somehow be displayed on the existing nav screen because the look of the UI on it currently does my head in and i would like to display that doesn't hurt my eyes! :P

Thanks for your help, and again i apologies for my laziness.

-Adrian.
WheelZ

Re: Quick question!!!

Postby Lane » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:03 pm

G'day,

Have you read this? viewtopic.php?f=56&t=27506

I just read it twice this week and am in the process of putting something together soon.
Lane

Car: BMW 335i & RSV4 Factory

Postby WheelZ » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Indeed i have. It's none of the 4 tabs mentioned :P

Seems like it's probably the best option right now. Functionality seems on point, consistent updates inspire confidence and The apparent guru lives in Melbs so it's getting ticks all round.

Just trying to garner a little more quick and easy info before i dive in!

I take it you have one, have you had the opportunity to use it? How do you find it?
WheelZ

Postby jarrenowen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:37 pm

BTSSM & tactrix is super dooper instaneously responsive.
also the tactrix gives good opportunities for tuning as well.
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Return to Tuning