Download ROM (ADM 2005 3.0RB)

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Download ROM (ADM 2005 3.0RB)

Postby nixwrx » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:04 am

Hi guys - Extremely new to this and don't want to brick my ECU so extremely cautious.

At the moment, all that I want to do - in terms of laptop/car interface - is to download a copy of the ROM onto my laptop. The car is an ADM 2005 3.0RB.

I've got the Tactrix 2.0 and EcuFlash (1.44) installed, and I'm trying to figure out the reasonably precise steps required to do this successfully:

1) Car is completely off
2) Connect the green test connectors on the PASSENGER side. Now, I've read conflicting info on whether to connect the test connectors on the passenger side, or driver side, or both. Which seems to imply that there are test connectors on both sides? (which doesn't make sense to me). Which set(s) do I need to connect, if any? The underlying assumption here is that the car needs to be in "test mode" in order for the ROM download to work
3) Turn laptop on (which of course is fully charged and in good working condition)
4) Start up EcuFlash
5) Plug Tactrix into laptop and car
6) Turn ignition to on. Radiator fans should cycle on/off to confirm test mode - yes/no? Or any other indication that the car is in test mode?
7) In EcuFlash, go to Ecu --> Select Vehicle Type, and choose flash method sti04
8) In EcuFlash, go to Ecu --> Read from Ecu, and then... the magic happens

I haven't gotten any further than that, so I have no idea what step 8 actually ends up doing or how the ROM ends up as a standalone file on my laptop.

I suppose it doesn't get any more basic than this, but this is where I'm at for the moment and really need to reach out for some help before I do this the first time.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and sharing your knowledge and experience!

Nik
nixwrx

Car: 2005 3.0RB (sedan)

Re: Download ROM (ADM 2005 3.0RB)

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:32 am

nixwrx wrote:Hi guys - Extremely new to this and don't want to brick my ECU so extremely cautious.

At the moment, all that I want to do - in terms of laptop/car interface - is to download a copy of the ROM onto my laptop. The car is an ADM 2005 3.0RB.

I've got the Tactrix 2.0 and EcuFlash (1.44) installed, and I'm trying to figure out the reasonably precise steps required to do this successfully:

1) Car is completely off
2) Connect the green test connectors on the PASSENGER side. Now, I've read conflicting info on whether to connect the test connectors on the passenger side, or driver side, or both. Which seems to imply that there are test connectors on both sides? (which doesn't make sense to me). Which set(s) do I need to connect, if any? The underlying assumption here is that the car needs to be in "test mode" in order for the ROM download to work
3) Turn laptop on (which of course is fully charged and in good working condition)
4) Start up EcuFlash
5) Plug Tactrix into laptop and car
6) Turn ignition to on. Radiator fans should cycle on/off to confirm test mode - yes/no? Or any other indication that the car is in test mode?
7) In EcuFlash, go to Ecu --> Select Vehicle Type, and choose flash method sti04
8) In EcuFlash, go to Ecu --> Read from Ecu, and then... the magic happens

I haven't gotten any further than that, so I have no idea what step 8 actually ends up doing or how the ROM ends up as a standalone file on my laptop.

I suppose it doesn't get any more basic than this, but this is where I'm at for the moment and really need to reach out for some help before I do this the first time.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and sharing your knowledge and experience!

Nik

Flex fuel tune wont download. Will disable the ECU after 3 restarts

It is upload only
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Return to Tuning