GEN4 GT - Logs/LV help - Low rpm hesitation & knock?

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

GEN4 GT - Logs/LV help - Low rpm hesitation & knock?

Postby phuriouss » Tue May 26, 2015 3:16 am

Hi team,

Have been experiencing a slightly rough idle on my GT and hesitation on low rpm (stutters and struggles)
I have changed my O2 sensor from (Garage88) last year which fixed my rough idle issues for the most part.
Idle has always been slightly rough...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little background info on my car:
MY05 GEN4 GT 5spd Manual
190k kms serviced w/ Nulon 10w40 Fully Synthetic Oil
Stock tune
X force y-pipe to 5" canon mufflers
HKS panel filter
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I have recently been able to record some logs, and obtain a learning view.

BtSsm_LV_20150525_1604[1].png
BtSsm_LV_20150525_1604[1].png (47.47 KiB) Viewed 3089 times

I understand that my LV shows my AF correction #1 maxed out and could be a sign of a vacuum/boost leak
I will be checking for leaks asap. :)

Just had a few questions in regards to my logs, and LV.

1. my VVT int and VVT exh pairs seem to be pretty much equal, but between them (Int and Exh) they are not equal with each other, is this normal?
(I noticed that the VVT int L & R stay at 5 in all the logs, where as the VVT exh pairs are at 20 deg)
But as you can see in the 3rd gear pull log - the VVT int pairs can go up to 25 deg. Just wanted to know if these numbers look normal so I can rule out any issues with the avcs.
If anyone with a stock GEN4GT can send me logs so I can compare the numbers

2. While I drive I notice that there is frequent knock detection in low load/low rpm/ low boost (FBKC min value -8.09) could this be due to a potential vacuum/boost leak causing the engine to run lean and causing knocking?

3. Since my IAM still 1.0 the knock isn't too serious right?

4. At what rpm should I be able to have max boost? (I've read approx 2400rpm? Can anyone confirm this for a stock GT?) I forgot to log target boost, but I am pretty sure that my boost vs target boost are not very much aligned...

5. Another thing I noticed was that while idling or coasting(off throttle), if I tap the throttle the afr goes crazy lean like 20+ then very slowly goes back to the 14.7 range...this is not normal right? (refer idle log)

Thank you for any help and any advice, will report back after checking for vacuum leaks :)
I have attached the logs in the zip file as I could not upload csv or xls. files if anyone has the time to have a quick look at them and give me any feedback would be great - please let me know if I logged them correctly
Sorry if I asked any noob questions, I am still learning!

Cheers
Attachments
logs.zip
Log files 05GT
(41.3 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
phuriouss

Car: MY05 Liberty GT

Return to Tuning