Kido Tune - done

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Kido Tune - done

Postby Tien GtB25 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 am

Hi Matt,

Hope you are getting better to come back to Melb soon. :mrgreen:

I drove straight from work today to Sunbury and got Bryce (sorry if I got your name wrong :D ) to get the basic tune done for my car. The 2 hrs trip each way was worth it as I loved the improvements.

The results are very good by the way for anyone interested. Throttle response is definitely improved midrange especially. Flick it to Sport-Hard... This thing become an animal ..... It was more fun driving home .... I love it. thank you Kido Tunning. Can't wait until you are in Melbourne for the additional finishing tweaks.

it has only been two days since I got the car and already I'm getting quotes for dump pipe, and mid section for the exhaust already. :oops:

Please tell me if I should install the parts when I get it or wait until u are here to avoid code errors.
Just want to make sure as I use the car daily for work.

Talk soon.
Tien.
Tien GtB25

Car: MY08 Blk GTB 2.5
Profile URL: Definition of AWD - The ability to do burnout..front and back !

Re: Kido Tune - done

Postby shav » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:31 pm

That's great news. Glad to hear.

By all means get the parts, but if I were you I'd wait until you have confirmed dates for Matt's arrival before fitting parts on the car which can be any detriment to the tune. Alternatively, you could get them fitted and get Matt to send you an e-tune via email as long as you have access to a open port Tactrix cable and laptop or the like.

I know it's exciting to buy new car parts and want them fitted straight away, but if you are intending on letting Matt be your primary tuner, then patience is needed to ensure you avoid CEL's or error codes.

Seeing as the car is your daily and no doubt your primary source of transport, I would recommend you buy the parts ready, get dates confirmed with Matt on his arrival, and then fit the parts days before his arrival into town. Then after parts have been fitted, avoid S# until the tune has been revised and adjusted to suit. But that is what I would do.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Tien GtB25 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.
Asks u can tell when it come to car ... I don't have patient... Too much excitement... :lol: that why I rang Bryce from KT and got the same advice. I am already on the list to meet up with Matt and he will be here sometime after the Cup week. Awaiting confirmation dates.

So much for keeping it stock standard :.oops:

Tien.
Tien GtB25

Postby shav » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:37 pm

Tien GtB25 wrote:Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.
Asks u can tell when it come to car ... I don't have patient... Too much excitement... :lol: that why I rang Bryce from KT and got the same advice. I am already on the list to meet up with Matt and he will be here sometime after the Cup week. Awaiting confirmation dates.

So much for keeping it stock standard :.oops:

Tien.

I was in your exact position, and now look at me. haha

Pays to be smart about the car. Treat it nice, and it will give you hassle free issues.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Exhaust mods are fine for Sport and Intel, do NOT use S# until retuned once exhaust is on.

Any CAI should not be fitted until a new tune can be loaded on the spot(ie do not drive until tuned with CAI)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Tien GtB25 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Just an update.

Meet up with Matt this afternoon at 2.30pm for a retune since the basic tune last month.
Didnt get the Pierburg in time as the mob that sells it in sydney is oversea..wont get it until around 24-1 Dec. look like I will need to meet up with Matt in mid Dec again.

In term of the difference to the car

-Boost came on much much muchh earlier.... full boost 16psi at around 3000 rpm i think.... i was hanging on to the steering for dear life hehehe didnt look and can't remember exacly.:lol:
- Matt indicated that after the tune I-mode boost is raised to 9, Sport-mode-13 and Hard-mode is 16 psi which is 3 psi above the factory default setting. I take his words for it as I was having too much fun stomping the pedal to notice hehehe.

Beware - Matt is also a fortune teller.. he predicted that there will be many speeding tickets in the future :angry2: and definitely future spending $$$ on the car :mrgreen: ... im hoping to prove him wrong on the speeding tickets anyway.

Need to organise dump pipe / mid section toward Dec before Matt revisit. Overall the retune was very quick... Thanks for the help Matt.... love your work !!

Warning: For those who have not tuned their Lib.... stay away from Matt.... why ... because you will NEED more mods... more power next thing you know you be out on a date with Matt at least couple of times a year. :air_kiss:
Tien GtB25

Postby shav » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:47 am

haha nice work Tien. :mrgreen:

The thing with Matt's tune is you are looking for excuses to spend money on the car, so when Matt returns he has something worth tuning. :lol:
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Return to Tuning