Tuning Companies

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Tuning Companies

Postby BUDDAH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 am

GB and owen have been back to this post many times without reply so I wonder why there is still no reply ??
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby <GB> » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 am

cause we don't care.
they built the built the engine in house by the looks of the you tube video, machine work would have been out sourced! they tunes the car too! the car from memory was driven back to melb and started using a lot of oil.... the guy sent the car to revzone and put a cosworth short block in as the other bottom end including block was rooted, car is still going today with the current revzone fitted engine!!!

people can form there own opinion from this
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby BUDDAH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 am

<GB> wrote:cause we don't care.
they built the built the engine in house by the looks of the you tube video, machine work would have been out sourced! they tunes the car too! the car from memory was driven back to melb and started using a lot of oil.... the guy sent the car to revzone and put a cosworth short block in as the other bottom end including block was rooted, car is still going today with the current revzone fitted engine!!!

people can form there own opinion from this

You must care your back :wink: where is the MRT video link ??????????

So whats the story about it been a crate motor ? Why would anyone pull down a new Cosworth bottom end and re machine it :? :? :? . Why didnt MRT fix it ????

Sounds like no one really knows or a lot of BS is going on :wink:
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby 3rspecb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm

MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby BUDDAH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:40 pm

3rspecb wrote:I believe these are the video's in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roE0Lx3vwt8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWl6SBEMgPE

quote GB they built the built the engine in house by the looks of the you tube video

Well I didn't see that did you ?? :roll: Still cant get my head around this so called Coswoth crate motor :? and why it was rebuilt??? there's no need GB said machine work would have been out sourced :?

COSWORTH

Long Block Assemblies

The Cosworth Subaru EJ25 CS600 series is designed for extreme track day use and the demanding performance enthusiast. Each assembly is precision built by one of Cosworth's skilled craftsmen using the finest components from our parts catalogue to ensure maximum reliable power and performance. Starting with a new Subaru EJ257 semi closed deck block, we meticulously diamond hone each bore to guarantee perfect piston to cylinder wall clearance. The block is then assembled with our Forged Pistons, motorsport grade Forged H-Beam connecting rods along with our high performance rod and main bearings and a new STI forged crankshaft. For maximum performance, an optional steel billet crank is available (CS600X). Once the cylinder block assembly is completed, we install a pair of our CNC machine port-bored Big Valve Cylinder heads with our proven "S2" camshafts complete with valve lash set to our specifications. The cylinder heads are secured with our high performance 11mm steel studs and sealed with a Cosworth high performance stopper layer steel head gasket. Finally, we install one of our blue-printed, high pressure oil pumps for maximum lubrication. This proven engine combination has been used by top teams to win race and rally events in both North America, Asia and Europe.

Features:

New Subaru EJ25 STI Engine case
New Subaru EJ25 STI Forged Crankshaft
Optional Cosworth Billet Crankshaft (79/81mm stroke available
Cosworth forged H-beam Connecting rods
Cosworth Forged Pistons and rings
Cosworth motorsport Tri-metal bearings
Balanced to within 0.5 gram
Complete blue-printed assembly
Enlarged intake and exhaust ports
Large diameter stainless steel intake valves
Large diameter inconel exhaust valves
Hi-rev, dual valve springs
Titanium retainers
Hardened steel spring platforms
Multi angle valve job
CNC machined port finish
Knife edge port divider
Cosworth S2 High lift camshafts
Valve lash set
Cosworth high pressure oil pump
Cam covers
Cosworth serial number
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby <GB> » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:51 pm

you missed part one lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3uq6Pql3Sw

buddah, I don't know why revzone went and rebuilt the cosworth engine if it was a crate engine
<GB>

Postby BUDDAH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 pm

<GB> wrote:

you missed part one lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3uq6Pql3Sw

buddah, I don't know why revzone went and rebuilt the cosworth engine if it was a crate engine

Can you see where I'm coming from GB ? so many conflicting stories along with post editing :roll: even you don't know what the true history is of your own motor but MRT was blamed where it could have been a Cosworth fuck up. Can you blame be for just been curious to finding out what really happened because there are so many BS stories on forums ppl don't challenge the story so it becomes a forum fact and the peanut gallery sit back waiting there turn to chip in :wink:

I notice owen still hasn't got time to answer a very simple question YES or NO but hes still hanging around last night and today probably wishing this discussion would have died by now :roll: :wink:
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby <GB> » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:48 pm

The engine mrt built that was smokey was their built engine nothing to do with cosworth short block that Revzone put in. the mrt built engine had cosworth heads which were reused on the new short block Revzone put in. Revzone were given the job to fix the smokey engine ! They got a cosworth short block! Revzones engine is still going fine to date
<GB>

Postby BUDDAH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:57 pm

:? :? :? So whats was all the talk about a Cosworth crate motor was that bit edited :? no wonder I'm lost :roll:

So now I know you have a Cosworth short block( wow they are $15000) Why was that rebuilt ????

Cosworth EJ25 (STI) short block has gone through countless hours of dyno evaluation to determine the best combination of parts to guarantee maximum reliable performance. Each EJ25 short block starts with a brand new Subaru case. The case is inspected and then the bores are honed to perfection to receive Cosworth Forged Pistons. They then balance the rotating assembly that includes a new Subaru Forged crank and Cosworth Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods to within .5 gram. The select parts are professionally assembled by one of Cosworth's skilled engine builders using their own coated, tri metal race spec bearings.

Specifications:

Subaru Forged 79mm Crankshaft
Cosworth Forged H-beam Connecting Rods
Cosworth Coated, Tri-metal bearings
Balanced to within .5 gram
Complete blue-print assembly
Ring gap checked
Bearing clearance checked
Deck height checked
Connecting Rod side clearance checked
Crankshaft end float checked
Last edited by BUDDAH on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby <GB> » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm

BUDDAH wrote::? :? :? So whats was all the talk about a Cosworth crate motor was that bit edited :? no wonder I'm lost :roll:

revzone replaced the mrt built engine with the cosworth short not hard to understand at all. I think youre having fun trolling people
<GB>

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 pm

To the OP: regardless of any tuning company's online reputation, good or bad, most members would steer you away from any that do locked tunes, primarily due to the expense of retuning for new mods.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby BUDDAH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:06 pm

<GB> wrote:
BUDDAH wrote::? :? :? So whats was all the talk about a Cosworth crate motor was that bit edited :? no wonder I'm lost :roll:

revzone replaced the mrt built engine with the cosworth short not hard to understand at all. I think youre having fun trolling people

Here is what a short Cosworth motor is you posted before me :wink:

So is that what you got ??????????

O

Cosworth EJ25 (STI) short block has gone through countless hours of dyno evaluation to determine the best combination of parts to guarantee maximum reliable performance. Each EJ25 short block starts with a brand new Subaru case. The case is inspected and then the bores are honed to perfection to receive Cosworth Forged Pistons. They then balance the rotating assembly that includes a new Subaru Forged crank and Cosworth Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods to within .5 gram. The select parts are professionally assembled by one of Cosworth's skilled engine builders using their own coated, tri metal race spec bearings.

Specifications:

Subaru Forged 79mm Crankshaft
Cosworth Forged H-beam Connecting Rods
Cosworth Coated, Tri-metal bearings
Balanced to within .5 gram
Complete blue-print assembly
Ring gap checked
Bearing clearance checked
Deck height checked
Connecting Rod side clearance checked
Crankshaft end float checked
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby BUDDAH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 pm

<GB> wrote:revzone replaced the mrt built engine with the cosworth short not hard to understand at all. I think youre having fun trolling people

It is hard to understand so you now have a $15000 Cosworth short that was pulled down and rebuilt :roll: and Cosworth head s so you have a full on Cosworth or something else

Still cant see why anyone would rebuild a new Cosworth short motor can you
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby <GB> » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:16 pm

there are a few types of short blocks you can buy from cosworth, im not sure the exact specs, owen might be able to find out! this engine was built in around 2011
<GB>

Postby blacktop™ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:18 pm

Physical distance to the tuners :)
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning