Tuning Companies

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Tuning Companies

Postby <GB> » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Buddha that doesn't fit wit liable
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:29 pm

KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby dr20t » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 pm

The crickets are defeaning...

;)
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby Deep Heat » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Ignoramus. Now that is a word I haven't seen in a while.
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Postby GT08 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:35 am

bass_straitener wrote:
kiks wrote:I'll qualify that too by saying the car runs 115-115.5mph, I've driven it extensively and we're good friends now.

Makes me want to scream knowing such cunts exist in the world to take folks for a ride like that.

Fuck MRT, hard.

Any thoughts on the other tuners mentioned in this thread or any you'd reccommend?

- Kido tune
- Torqued Performance
- MSR
- Insight Motorsport.

This..
GT08

Postby kiks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:01 pm

bass_straitener wrote:
kiks wrote:I'll qualify that too by saying the car runs 115-115.5mph, I've driven it extensively and we're good friends now.

Makes me want to scream knowing such cunts exist in the world to take folks for a ride like that.

Fuck MRT, hard.

Any thoughts on the other tuners mentioned in this thread or any you'd reccommend?

- Kido tune
- Torqued Performance
- MSR
- Insight Motorsport.

There are a handful of people I trust to touch the tune on my car. I'm one of them, and when I fuck it up, I call Dale Helier from CHE to fix it. Sure there are probably much better folk around, guys like Phil Laird etc...But none of those guys could handle my potty mouth and obnoxious belching and resting beers on their laptops.

I dont know anything about the above guys except Mike South comes recommended by a lot of guys in the RSlib club from 10 years ago, and he sure as shit is still doing good things and trying new stuff. I'd bet on him for sure based on reputation from honest guys I know.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Postby owen » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:29 pm

GT08 wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:

Fuck MRT, hard.

- Kido tune
- Torqued Performance
- MSR
- Insight Motorsport.

This..

Kido is who currently tunes my car despite the controversy towards him. Factory engine has been making over 240kw for many many kms.

TP I can't comment as I don't ever ask about his tunes. He's in the US so I find him to be irrelevant in terms of tuning here in Aus and I would never recommend my customers to e-tune with a company halfway across the world.

MSR have a lot of good internet reviews, however everybody that I've personally spoken who've had their cars tuned by him has since gotten tuned elsewhere.

Insight is who I'd recommend if the customer was in NSW. He was also my previous tuner when my car was in Sydney, and FYI, the tuner of WTAC champion Tilton's cars.
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby GT08 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Cheers Owen for input I do feel that msr seems to have the best reputation and tuning knowledge ?
Do you know why they went elsewhere ?
I am yet to contact him. Matt gets some crap around forums but then there is some good too so makes it very hard ! :roll:
GT08

Postby owen » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Garage88/Insight Motorsport have a constant stream of ex-MSR customers, and so does Matt. I can't tell you specific reasons of why, but I can confirm seeing them myself.
owen

Postby GT08 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:20 pm

owen wrote:Garage88/Insight Motorsport have a constant stream of ex-MSR customers, and so does Matt. I can't tell you specific reasons of why, but I can confirm seeing them myself.

Makes tuner decision hard is it because car was tuned poorly ? Engine failure ?
GT08

Postby <GB> » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:35 pm

owen wrote:Garage88/Insight Motorsport have a constant stream of ex-MSR customers, and so does Matt. I can't tell you specific reasons of why, but I can confirm seeing them myself.

Owen, kido has his problems too! Go read oz foz or Rex net. Matt has bad rep on those yet mrs is praised on rexnet
<GB>

Postby owen » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm fully aware of that Brandon. You must have missed this post.

owen wrote:Kido is who currently tunes my car despite the controversy towards him. Factory engine has been making over 240kw for many many kms.

MSR have a lot of good internet reviews, however everybody that I've personally spoken who've had their cars tuned by him has since gotten tuned elsewhere.
owen

Postby <GB> » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:48 pm

owen wrote:I'm fully aware of that Brandon. You must have missed this post.

owen wrote:Kido is who currently tunes my car despite the controversy towards him. Factory engine has been making over 240kw for many many kms.

Did Bruce ?
<GB>

Postby brainy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:17 pm

TP tuned over 1400 cars last year. From my dealings with him, his communication is always prompt. Guarantee if you email him today/tonight and he's not awake, you'll get a response when he is. This worked well for me as i would email him at night and have a response from Eric by the time i get up. I've asked him a lot of questions and he's always been helpful.

I've had another tuner review his tune and apart from saying that it was on the safe side, they couldn't find fault (not to say someone couldn't).

I personally prefer a tune done on the dyno, I like the idea of my car being able to be tuned in a controlled environment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby Sean82 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:38 pm

In Sydney, MSR or Insight if you're after drive in drive out tune.

I just hope you have a working fuel pump ...buddy of mine went in to MSR today for an E85 tune and Michael found his pump's fooked. Poor bastard drove home with a 4K fuel cut and 5psi max boost (set up is a Dom 1.5XT-R, UELs, and other stuff on an unopened engine).
Current: MY04 LGT 5EAT Wagon
Previous: MY11 Forester S-Edition VF52|ID1000s|Stuff|E85|12.9s @ 106
Sean82

Car: MY04 GT with JDM GRB EJ207 swap

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning