Upgrade to 3 port boost solenoid need tuning

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Upgrade to 3 port boost solenoid need tuning

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 pm

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php ... 025#p24894

" Take it to an EcuTeK dealer and ask them to unlock it (DOUBLE CHECK they unlock it, not just put it back to stock!!!!),
or use SH Boot Mode to force a factory ROM back in (or send it to someone who can)."

Maybe something to try if you like geeking out.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm

I hope they loaded the right year tbSti tune into it. That's messed up!

As benny said, one option would be to contact the bloke in canberra and send him your ecu with a stock tune, or one of matt's tunes.

I'll find the link and he should be able to tell us if he can fix the problem once and for all.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby shav » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 am

That's bloody scary. I hope no damage has been done in the meantime.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby d-chang » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:13 pm

It's just so ironic that tuning workshops say to us, "you are going to definitely blow up your engine", or "these guys with laptops have no idea what they're doing", when at the end of the day... they are the ones that cause more issues and sapping our wallets dry... but the main thing is... it is YOUR car, and they are stopping you from doing what YOU want to do. Yes, I appreciate their concern that there is the risk factor... but to make us feel scared or guilty from doing something... that is just plain wrong.

That's why it is a breath of fresh air that Matt is somebody that hears you out and tries to help where he can because this is YOUR car, you should drive it how YOU want!

Hope that all makes sense... haha!
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby agan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:31 pm

d-chang wrote:It's just so ironic that tuning workshops say to us, "you are going to definitely blow up your engine", or "these guys with laptops have no idea what they're doing", when at the end of the day... they are the ones that cause more issues and sapping our wallets dry... but the main thing is... it is YOUR car, and they are stopping you from doing what YOU want to do. Yes, I appreciate their concern that there is the risk factor... but to make us feel scared or guilty from doing something... that is just plain wrong.

That's why it is a breath of fresh air that Matt is somebody that hears you out and tries to help where he can because this is YOUR car, you should drive it how YOU want!

Hope that all makes sense... haha!

And on top of that threaten to blacklist you on some forums.... Just over the top seriously!!! (No, we will not name names in case of legal ramifications but beware - such threats have been made).
MY08 GT Spec.B Diamond Grey Sedan
agan

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18369

Previous

Return to Tuning