surging under partial and WOT?

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: surging under partial and WOT?

Postby funGT » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 pm

cooki_monsta wrote:
funGT wrote:Howdy, $1450 sounds bloody good, I paid $1650 + $295 delivery (supposed to be 10 days and took 4+ weeks from the states)- i should have done more research!

I replaced the rear sway bar and its bushes + the bushes in the rear control arms + all front bushes (a-lift kit). I didn't replace the front sway bar with a bigger one as I wanted to minimise understeer.

Some of the roads are pretty undulated where I live (lots of clay in area so roads looks like waves in the ocean), so the car pogos a bit and I have dampening set on very soft at the moment (I get flash backs from my teen years, so I don't mind it at present :lol: ) but as soon as the road flattens out, it is bloody awesome. I look forward to having a play with the dampening with the active system in the coming weeks when I fit that, sure to put a smile on the dial.

Note there is no banging or any other unpleasant sounds.

All the best with your purchase, I can't see how you could possibly be disappointed, especially for $1450.

Are you using Whiteline or SuperPro bushes? I'm tempted to replace all the control arm bushes... Victorian roads have deteriorated with all the rain we've had more recently... I'll have to drive with more care around all the pot holes and live with the softest damper setting on the weekday. I'm just now waiting for the AUD to buy more JPY :) ...I probably won't see them til January at earliest though haha

Good to know the feedback is good. Money well spent. The experience is priceless.

I think some of the bushes were Whiteline and some were another brand but I don't think it was Super-pro- my memory just fired properly -J-speed (I think!). I replaced all the control arm bushes. I have found pot holes ok, it is more a series of large rolling bumps that unbalances it at the front (bounces after the third or fourth rise-fall- there are lots of these in the area I live as lots of ground movement). However, still awesome. I am curious to see how it goes on harder settings...
funGT

Car: 04 GT

Previous

Return to Tuning