Logger dropping out/RPM hesitates?

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Logger dropping out/RPM hesitates?

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am

senator wrote:
Insight and MSR are miles apart.

With all due to respect to MSR, Michael South has slot to learn before being compared to Scott from Insight.

How many non-Subaru rally, drag and time attack cars has MSR tuned?????

Do some research and you’ll know that Scott tunes anything and everything and not just locally.

Unlike most Tuners Scott is more than happy to tune to whatever the customers wants and stand by his work and this is proven by not locking ECU………… Owen can confirm this and I pretty sure Bruce has had are look at Scott’s handy work too.

Scott has tuned plenty of soobi’s with ecu managed boost…..one was even a MSR built and tuned my 07 tb sti 5eat which was rebuilt G88 and retuned by Scott due to ongoing boost leaks and unstable idle…. Final result with e85 was 230kw atw.

Agree Tony, I have seen Owen's tune and thought it was a really good tune. Owen can confirm.

The only thing I wasn't sure of was the removal of the AVCS hump on cruise as I thought this may help with better on cruise fuel efficieny but that said it's all about emissions on the factory tune for OZ so fully understand. Again I did mention that to Owen. I'd love to pick Scott's brain on this but don't have any relationship with him and didn't want to tyre kick around his workshop knowing how busy he is.

MSR is good too. And I'd asked him many questions when trying to get my car sorted and always received prompt insightful replies. So at the end of the day, I thought he needed to be paid for his time and effort. He is a business after all, and time is money.

With regards boost leaks, we've all had them and unfortunately like any mechanical issue, tuning is not going to fix it, regardless how good a tuner and fudging tunes to compensate seem to create more issues than they're worth.

I was being a little facetious with Jerome as we obviously butt heads, but also interested to know why he'd have two different tuners for different fuels as the progression from a 98 tune to E85 is in simple terms, more timing, more boost possibly and scaling appropriately.

Not trying to start a pissing contest here. :)
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 am

bass_straitener wrote:
Rome_STI wrote:Hmmmm old Brucey boy is now actually trying to convince people from Melbourne to spend 20 hours + driving just to get a tune.

IMO if I was going to come from Melbourne all that way for a tune I would not go to MSR I would go to Scott from Insight as I have been in cars tuned by both and much prefer the latter. But I wouldn't recommend anyone make that trip just for a tune, not unless they are coming to Sydney anyway.

And no comments about why I don't use Scott instead of KiDO; I do use Scott, his tune is my P98 tune, KiDo's is the E85 tune.

Rome_STI wrote:
Look I'm ignoring your posts from now on Bruce say what you want I'm over your self-pretentious crap. You haven't changed since our first blow up, you got better for a while but now it's even worse.

I see you couldn't resist... :lol:

Having any issues yourself. I've not seen any updates with regards your tuning with your Easy Writer install.

So you have tuners for the one car. WOW.. :shock:

What's the story here. Scott can't tune E85 or Kido can't tune 98.

No I have not had any issues. I have not had time to get the Ezy writer installed or to get my car dyno tuned, so have parked it for now.

The story is I decided to try KiDo because of his auto tuning abilities, which I have so far been happy with. If I wasn't happy with it, I would have requested a refund and then taken it to Scott to do. I don't see a point in now going back to Scott and forking out another $1,000 when I am happy with what I currently have in both my P98 map and my E85 map.

I thought it pertinent to point out how laughable it is that you are actually recommending people do that trip. Wasn't it you that originally told mass amounts of members to use KiDo? Now you are telling people they should drive all the way up to Sydney for a tune?

:?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby <GB> » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 am

senator wrote:[Insight and MSR are miles apart.

With all due to respect to MSR, Michael South has slot to learn before being compared to Scott from Insight.

How many non-Subaru rally, drag and time attack cars has MSR tuned?????

Do some research and you’ll know that Scott tunes anything and everything and not just locally.

Unlike most Tuners Scott is more than happy to tune to whatever the customers wants and stand by his work and this is proven by not locking ECU………… Owen can confirm this and I pretty sure Bruce has had are look at Scott’s handy work too.

Scott has tuned plenty of soobi’s with ecu managed boost…..one was even a MSR built and tuned my 07 tb sti 5eat which was rebuilt G88 and retuned by Scott due to ongoing boost leaks and unstable idle…. Final result with e85 was 230kw atw.

sorry i should have made myself clear, im refering to tuning subaru only not other cars as im sure youre aware its totally differernt to tuning other ecus and after market ecu's, my current tuner is good with others not so much subaru. mick seems like he knows his shit with subaru product. im sure scott is a gun tuner or g88(michael) wouldnt use him
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 am

Rome_STI wrote:I thought it pertinent to point out how laughable it is that you are actually recommending people do that trip. Wasn't it you that originally told mass amounts of members to use KiDo? Now you are telling people they should drive all the way up to Sydney for a tune?

:?

You're quite right, I was one of the early adopters of the Kido tune, and I've paid for it dearly with 6 months of my life in the wilderness wondering what happened to all the promises that never eventuated. :lol:

I think that's common knowledge and I eat humble pie everytime the guys rib me about it. :oops:

But I've moved on and brought myself upto speed on this tuning caper. I'm a lot wiser now and have made enough contacts to fill in all the blanks I had in my noob Kido tuning days.

Whilst it may seem like I've suggesting a drive to Sydney, what I'm really suggesting is get a proper tune on a dyno with a reputable person. In Melbourne I've seen good tunes from Cihan at Edge and Chasers and in Sydney by MSR and Insight.

Ultimately I've come to realisation that a proper tune on a dyno with knock ears on, correct ramp rate to induce load, and a reputable tuner is where it's at. :D
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:24 am

bass_straitener wrote:
Ultimately I've come to realisation that a proper tune on a dyno with knock ears on, correct ramp rate to induce load, and a reputable tuner is where it's at. :D

It burns me to agree with you.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby senator » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:

It burns me to agree with you.

Give the man credit where credit is due………….

I can’t understand why people think remote tuning based on road logs is creditable…….. surely spending are few extra $$$$ is worth in it in the long run.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby owen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Yes, yes, yes and YES to everything said above

Mick and Scott are both legends. I can't comment on MSR as I haven't had any personal experience with him, but it's been a few months since Bruce got his tune, and because I know just how much of a fussy fucker he is and he doesn't have a vendetta against them yet..it must be good.
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby dr20t » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:34 pm

owen wrote: because I know just how much of a fussy fucker he is and he doesn't have a vendetta against them yet..it must be good.

Hehe i chuckled at this :lol:
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Previous

Return to Tuning