5EAT Tuning and how not to end up with a farked gearbox...

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: 5EAT Tuning and how not to end up with a farked gearbox.

Postby BATMAN87 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Matt.
with the car doing hard shifts from 2nd to 3rd, will a reflash/tune of the tcu fix this?
BATMAN87

Car: OUTBACK

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:44 am

BATMAN87 wrote:Hi Matt.
with the car doing hard shifts from 2nd to 3rd, will a reflash/tune of the tcu fix this?

Sure does, it can often take a while to get perfect but some new stuff I have is seeing some massive improvements as well ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Manaz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:27 pm

The 5EAT behaves like a new (and much better!) gearbox after Matt fiddles with the inputs it receives from the ECU. :)
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby Boosted1983 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:26 am

HI GUYS.. New to the forum..

I hope I'm on the right thread. Maybe someone can help me here with a problem Ive encountered lately

So here it goes:

Btw I'm from the Philippines and currently has a 2010 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5t with 5EAT
Ive read somewhere that upon changing a/t fluids we need to do a reset for our TCU.
Ive checked the internet and some said that a VAG CABLE And the freeSSM should do the trick.
My car has 50k kilometers on it and recently did the fluid change, theres nothing wrong with my
Transmission before and after the fluid change. So I bought the vag cable ad downloaded the freeSSM software
And did a clear 2 reset on the TCU. And then the AT OIL TEMP LIGHT started blinking 4x a second
and never stopped blinking. Checked the TCU for any errors leading to this and there was none.
Has anyone tried using the freeSSM? So I got really curious and drove the car around to check if there was something wrong.
It was fine, shift almost the same, on I, sports and Sports #. I dont feel anything wrong with it, though whats botherin me is that the AT OIL LIGHT TEMP is blinking. Ive tried to search for any leads to this and found out that its somehow in a learning mode. And that there is a procedure to do it. Found some procedures but it requires the SSM3 Which the dealers use. Now im wondering how to take out that light because its very annoying to see that on the cluster. It says that I have to initialize the start for learning moded on the SSM3 which the freeSSM doesnt have. Why would they have the clear 2 reset function on the freeSSM and it cant even initialize the start of the learning function. Now Im really pissed that I ever bought that VAGCABLE. Maybe someone here can help me out. I havent tried briging it to the dealer yet since it would probably cost me a fortune to have my TCU reset with them.

Thanks and more power to you guys here!

Currently running romraider open ecu tune and dynoed at dynojet with 251whp/278wtq

Boosting 1.4 bar peak taper to 1.1bar

List of mods are:

AEM boost solenoid
HKS intake
Custom 3inch d/p catless 3 inch mid pipe, 3inch y pipe, dual sti genome customed to 3inch inlet/outlet
D2 coilovers
Volk rays te37 18x9 wrapped on achilles 123s 265 35 18
Ap racing pro 5000 comp series 6pot front 365mm rotors 4pot rear 345mm rotors
Custom front mount intercooler
B&m a/t tranny cooler
B&m engine oil cooler
Boosted1983

Car: 2010 Subaru Legacy GT BR9 5EAT

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 am

Simply purchasing a Tactrix and a remote tune would be the way forward.
Kido tuning for example offers either just an auto tune or an engine and auto tune iirc.
See the vendors section...
Cmiiw :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:54 am

I have a question - why dial in 430Req Tq if while logging the car - RR shows the ECU raw data ReqTq value is limited at 408?
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:I have a question - why dial in 430Req Tq if while logging the car - RR shows the ECU raw data ReqTq value is limited at 408?

Highest logged output via log limiter. My per gear requested torque is at 430 in 1st... If 430 was an impossible value then 1st would run off 408 for WGDC and Target Boost as would 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th... but sort of proven that is impossible

KiDo_Tuning

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:28 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
alexeiwoody wrote:I have a question - why dial in 430Req Tq if while logging the car - RR shows the ECU raw data ReqTq value is limited at 408?

Highest logged output via log limiter. My per gear requested torque is at 430 in 1st... If 430 was an impossible value then 1st would run off 408 for WGDC and Target Boost as would 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th... but sort of proven that is impossible

Thanks Matt, I was wondering why it's logging only 408, but as you said then it wouldn't be 'hitting' the 430 regions on WGDC or boost...

Then would there be benefits to going higher ReqTq? Or would going to 500 blow up the box :o
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:43 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:

Thanks Matt, I was wondering why it's logging only 408, but as you said then it wouldn't be 'hitting' the 430 regions on WGDC or boost...

Then would there be benefits to going higher ReqTq? Or would going to 500 blow up the box :o

Gearbox has to develop the pressures from somewhere. If you are making enough torque then higher RT will be more effective.

KiDo_Tuning

Previous

Return to Tuning