B4 Tuners

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

B4 Tuners

Postby Zig_Zac » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 am

Hi,

Does anyone know any B4 tuners, in around Sydney somewhere?

I prefer not to get ECUtek, for obvious reasons... but its hard to find someone willing to tune the B4...

So if anyone knows any tuners in Sydney willing to take on the beast, let me know... I might even go the open source route

Thanks y'all :)
Zig_Zac

Car: 2004 Outback 3.0R

Re: B4 Tuners

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:28 am

Zig_Zac wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know any B4 tuners, in around Sydney somewhere?

I prefer not to get ECUtek, for obvious reasons... but its hard to find someone willing to tune the B4...

So if anyone knows any tuners in Sydney willing to take on the beast, let me know... I might even go the open source route

Thanks y'all :)

No public open source definitions done which is why it is difficult to find Opensource options. Interceptor ECU's cause issues with them as well. Really depends on if you have one of 2 or 3 ECU's of the 8 or 9 which were used. Basicaally a 1/3 chance of being tuneable
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Zig_Zac » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 am

Wow... that doesn't sound too promising.. LOL!
Zig_Zac

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Zig_Zac wrote:Wow... that doesn't sound too promising.. LOL!

Exaactly :( They have a lot of potential but with the primitive 16bit ECU, it is hard to tune them. A big risk of bricking the ECU as well during a flash.

I know quite a fw guys have converted the engines to EJ207's and then loading in a normal 03/04/05 WRX tune to the ECU to simplify things, as the ECU can run automatics and those ROM's support automatics as well.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby Zig_Zac » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
Zig_Zac wrote:Wow... that doesn't sound too promising.. LOL!

Exaactly :( They have a lot of potential but with the primitive 16bit ECU, it is hard to tune them. A big risk of bricking the ECU as well during a flash.

I know quite a fw guys have converted the engines to EJ207's and then loading in a normal 03/04/05 WRX tune to the ECU to simplify things, as the ECU can run automatics and those ROM's support automatics as well.

Ahhh... thanks for that, but I don't think I'm looking at dropping another engine in it just yet... was just looking to tune the engine I have atm...

Now I haz a sad...
Zig_Zac

Postby NZ_BE5D » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Hey guys, I have a BE5D RSK B4 which I am looking to read via ECU Flash to see if it can be tuned.

I have a 1.3U Tactrix cable but i'm not sure which plugs need to be jumped to read the ECU. There are the two white plugs next to the green test connectors under the steering column and then two single white plugs in the kick panel below the OBD2 plug in the footwell.

The pics online for the WRX's don't seem to match the JDM B4.

Any help?

Thanks
Jeff
NZ_BE5D

Car: 2002 B4 RSK, Version 3 STi RA

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:17 pm

NZ_BE5D wrote:Hey guys, I have a BE5D RSK B4 which I am looking to read via ECU Flash to see if it can be tuned.

I have a 1.3U Tactrix cable but i'm not sure which plugs need to be jumped to read the ECU. There are the two white plugs next to the green test connectors under the steering column and then two single white plugs in the kick panel below the OBD2 plug in the footwell.

The pics online for the WRX's don't seem to match the JDM B4.

Any help?

Thanks
Jeff

Green ones under the dash are it for reading :) There is a 3 position, 2 wire white plug next to green connector which needs to be bridged like 01/02 WRX/Forester GT to write a new tune in though.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby NZ_BE5D » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Thanks, will give that a go :D
NZ_BE5D

Car: 2002 B4 RSK, Version 3 STi RA

Return to Tuning