SI-Drive hiccups

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby jacks-GTB » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Half dead batteries do some weird things...
I'm interested to know how much voltage a healthy battery should have before start-up.

yeah my vibrator sketches in & out.....ahhhhhhhh.....hehehe

sorry benny...had too
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby SegR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 am

Voltage when off doesnt always tell the full story. My battery just died and it was showing 12.4v when off but dropped to 7v while cranking. New battery is perfect and sits on 12.7v when off.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 am

Ah ha! Thanks: that's the exact info I was seeking!

I'm using the GTboostgauge to monitor my battery voltage - now I know what to look for, I can be sure. Cheers.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby PoidaGT » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:00 pm

kangawallafox00 wrote:I was aware of sport sharp being unavailable until the engine warms up. And that if you were in it, it goes back one on start-up.
My problem is when I stop in intelligent mode (or whatever it is, the low one), it now goes to sport mode (or the middle one) on start-up. I'm very sure of this as my drive home finishes with about 8km of flat highway driving. I'm a tight arse with fuel lol, and I only use sport modes for a quick pass, or show some shitty old hyundai with a monster muffler they need more than that to make it quick :lol:

I've tried mucking around with fuel economy between the 3 different SI settings on the freeway and found no difference at all (my Lib has been tuned to have 3 different boost settings between the 3 settings). As i'm not on boost while freeway driving there are no economy benefits at all changing to "I" mode etc.
I only find that the "I" mode prevents big boost and bigger fuel usage when you floor it so it can improve your fuel economy but also reduces your fun.
I never use I mode anymore and mostly leave it in S# mode.
The best economy i ever got was 7.8l p/100km on 98 octane with a full car from Hornsby to Newcastle (driving very carefully in S# mode).
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby shav » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am

PoidaGT wrote:
kangawallafox00 wrote:I was aware of sport sharp being unavailable until the engine warms up. And that if you were in it, it goes back one on start-up.
My problem is when I stop in intelligent mode (or whatever it is, the low one), it now goes to sport mode (or the middle one) on start-up. I'm very sure of this as my drive home finishes with about 8km of flat highway driving. I'm a tight arse with fuel lol, and I only use sport modes for a quick pass, or show some shitty old hyundai with a monster muffler they need more than that to make it quick :lol:

I've tried mucking around with fuel economy between the 3 different SI settings on the freeway and found no difference at all (my Lib has been tuned to have 3 different boost settings between the 3 settings). As i'm not on boost while freeway driving there are no economy benefits at all changing to "I" mode etc.
I only find that the "I" mode prevents big boost and bigger fuel usage when you floor it so it can improve your fuel economy but also reduces your fun.
I never use I mode anymore and mostly leave it in S# mode.
The best economy i ever got was 7.8l p/100km on 98 octane with a full car from Hornsby to Newcastle (driving very carefully in S# mode).

Thats some good feedback there. Just does to show with extra torque responsibly used you can net some great fuel mileage.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby champ » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 pm

kangawallafox00 wrote:As a matter of fact, it ran flat today!! lol
And the timing of this 1st happening would be about the time I ran it flat while installing a hard wired handsfree set-up.
Here's hoping it's that simple!!
thanks very much!! :D

Anymore hiccups?
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby kangawallafox00 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 pm

A low running battery was exactly the fault. Smacked a new one in and bingo, everything went back to normal.
Starts in the mode which I left it in (except s# of course), And the display stays as well. Thanks for the help guys.
Interesting to read the little or no change in fuel some have experienced with the different modes. It really feels like it would make a huge difference, with the difference being quite noticeable in power.
The Usually get 8.0l p/100km. But as I previously said, I have a flat highway run for half my journey.
And I'm on the H6, which may help.
kangawallafox00

Car: liberty my07 3.0r

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Answer: iirc about 14.5V on startup, 14.1V warmed up :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Previous

Return to Tuning