SI-Drive hiccups

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

SI-Drive hiccups

Postby kangawallafox00 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 am

First off, I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct section. Is there a better place to post it? :)
I've had my liberty for about two-and-a-half years now. And in the last month or so the SI-Drive is changing to sport mode by itself on start up.
This as a problem is a minor one I know, but could it grow into a bigger one is my concern..
The SI-Drive works perfectly at all other times and changes whenever told too.
Has anyone had this hiccup?
kangawallafox00
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm
Car: liberty my07 3.0r

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 am

kangawallafox00 wrote:First off, I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct section. Is there a better place to post it? :)
I've had my liberty for about two-and-a-half years now. And in the last month or so the SI-Drive is changing to sport mode by itself on start up.
This as a problem is a minor one I know, but could it grow into a bigger one is my concern..
The SI-Drive works perfectly at all other times and changes whenever told too.
Has anyone had this hiccup?


What would you previously startup in?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
User avatar
bass_straitener
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Car: MY12 C63
Real name: Bruce
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 am

I'm sure you are aware the car wont switch to S# until warmed up? (blue light off)
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby paggaz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am

If the car was in S# when turned off, it will automatically turn to S on start up (even when warm). My understanding is that is normal.
User avatar
paggaz
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Townsville, QLD
Car: 2007 GT Spec.B Wagon Silver
Real name: Nathan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17423#p241526

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby Mickyboy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:52 am

+1. That IS normal, not a hiccup. The SI drive will never start up on S#, even when warm. It is meant to default back to S mode if you were in S# or S mode when you turned the engine off, and will start in I mode if you turned your engine off in I mode.

Mick.
User avatar
Mickyboy
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 pm
Location: Montmorency VIC
Car: MY07 3.0R Premium
Real name: Mick

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 am

Mickyboy wrote:+1. That IS normal, not a hiccup. The SI drive will never start up on S#, even when warm. It is meant to default back to S mode if you were in S# or S mode when you turned the engine off, and will start in I mode if you turned your engine off in I mode.

Mick.


+1 The above is correct.

But I'm curious that the OP has only realised this after owning the car 2.5 years. Hence my question as to what it was doing previously.

Interesting....
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
User avatar
bass_straitener
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Car: MY12 C63
Real name: Bruce
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby shav » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 am

+1 agree. This is the first thing I was made aware of when I first purchased my lib. S or I mode only on startup until blue light goes off. Then switch to S#. Not an issue, more of a safety precaution.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby kangawallafox00 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks very much for all the replies guys. This is one great group of people!!
I didn't explain myself properly :oops:
I was aware of sport sharp being unavailable until the engine warms up. And that if you were in it, it goes back one on start-up.
My problem is when I stop in intelligent mode (or whatever it is, the low one), it now goes to sport mode (or the middle one) on start-up. I'm very sure of this as my drive home finishes with about 8km of flat highway driving. I'm a tight arse with fuel lol, and I only use sport modes for a quick pass, or show some shitty old hyundai with a monster muffler they need more than that to make it quick :lol:
And I always have my display on outside temp. But on start-up it also changes that to the trip meter. It's easy fixed each time by changing it back, and everything else is purring along fine. It's just only starting happening. And I haven't fiddled with a thing..
kangawallafox00
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm
Car: liberty my07 3.0r

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby jacks-GTB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm

kangawallafox00 wrote:Thanks very much for all the replies guys. This is one great group of people!!
I didn't explain myself properly :oops:
I was aware of sport sharp being unavailable until the engine warms up. And that if you were in it, it goes back one on start-up.
My problem is when I stop in intelligent mode (or whatever it is, the low one), it now goes to sport mode (or the middle one) on start-up. I'm very sure of this as my drive home finishes with about 8km of flat highway driving. I'm a tight arse with fuel lol, and I only use sport modes for a quick pass, or show some shitty old hyundai with a monster muffler they need more than that to make it quick :lol:
And I always have my display on outside temp. But on start-up it also changes that to the trip meter. It's easy fixed each time by changing it back, and everything else is purring along fine. It's just only starting happening. And I haven't fiddled with a thing..


So do you mean "stop" as on ignition off or driving & stopped at lights.? Because that is odd that it would start in "S" when the engine was switched off in "I".!! Hmmm
User avatar
jacks-GTB
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW
Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby kangawallafox00 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:42 pm

When turned off.
While she's running, I have no dramas whatsoever..
I thought it strange especially because it just started doing it.
kangawallafox00
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm
Car: liberty my07 3.0r

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 pm

I did research the wiring to the SI drive knob.
S was the lowest voltage from memory...
Is your battery ok?
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby kangawallafox00 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 pm

As a matter of fact, it ran flat today!! lol
And the timing of this 1st happening would be about the time I ran it flat while installing a hard wired handsfree set-up.
Here's hoping it's that simple!!
thanks very much!! :D
kangawallafox00
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm
Car: liberty my07 3.0r

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

:shock:
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby SegR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Haha nice one Benny
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 am
Location: South-east Qld
Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Re: SI-Drive hiccups

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Half dead batteries do some weird things...
I'm interested to know how much voltage a healthy battery should have before start-up.
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Next

Return to Tuning

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest