P0244 cel error after pierburg soleniod install and tune

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Postby dutch7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:28 pm

hi all, so I had my first tune last monday at springy motors. only mod's i had on the car was a TCP TBE and HKS panel filter, anyway I got danny to install a pierburg 3port boost solenoid then a dyno tune. car was running awesome until last wed on my way to work. the usual engine light, traction, cruise came on after giving it a minor sqirt. read up on here and cleared the cel by restarting the car 3-5 times. it kept occurring till the weekend, so I used afree obd2 scantool to read the code: P0244 "Turbocharger/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid 'A' Range/Performance". I spoke to danny today, he will take a look at it tomorrow, he mentioned it's the first time he's installed a pierburg solenoid, and he'll disable the cel. just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
dutch7

Car: MY09 GT spec.B

Postby jaydece » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Did u experience boost or fuel cut Jamie? may need to adjust waste gate duty cycle settings

Car could be over boosting, could be leak? or something not fitted right?

Get Danny to go over everything

goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Farken
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Re: P0244 cel error after pierburg soleniod install and tune

Postby dutch7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi Justin, when the cel error kicked in the car jolted, so I assume that's a boost cut?! it stayed in S mode until the cel was cleared. noticed your car at springy motors too last week. have you had any troubles with the pierburg solenoid after having it installed? did you have to disable any cel codes?
dutch7

Postby 3rspecb » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Juzzy is using the grimspeed. Get Danny to go over the pierberg installation too, as a friend of mine who recently installed a pierberg and had the hoses round the wrong way.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby shav » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Ive got a Pierburg unit on mine and HKS panel filter. The 3 port was fitted by the tuner and the unit also came with instructions to which port connected to where. Was new vacuum hose used or the original hose? I used new hose. The original hose has the pill thing inside which regulates stock boost. Was told to not use that again, but keep it in case you require it again later.

Anyway, I have no codes coming up. but will be getting an LV to check and maybe log a few runs to be safe.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby norbs » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Do not disable the code. That is just masking the problem. The issue is that your wastegate duty is maxing out and you are overboosting. There is either a mechanical/electrical issue with the BCS, or it is not tuned properly.
'05 Lib GT with a few mods :-)
norbs

Postby dutch7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 pm

When the peirburg was installed the original hose's were used and not replaced. Danny disabled the code recently and didnt help much with advise to a resolution. Since then the car has experienced the same symptoms, with violent jolts at high boost/rev's through 2-5 gear's. Justin will be helping out soon so we can check the LV results. I might just go back to Springy and get Danny to replace the hoses to the pierburg, enable the CEL again, and hopefully that will fix the issue. :roll:
dutch7

Postby shav » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 pm

dutch7 wrote:When the peirburg was installed the original hose's were used and not replaced. Danny disabled the code recently and didnt help much with advise to a resolution. Since then the car has experienced the same symptoms, with violent jolts at high boost/rev's through 2-5 gear's. Justin will be helping out soon so we can check the LV results. I might just go back to Springy and get Danny to replace the hoses to the pierburg, enable the CEL again, and hopefully that will fix the issue. :roll:

I reckon that is a good idea. Its possible the OEM hoses may have a hairline split in them or its possible the pill restrictor inside the old hose is still stuck in the hose which will no doubt cause havoc for boost and tuning.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby owen » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Or ask him to lower the wastegate duty perhaps? Danny had two attempts at tuning my car with a 3 port solenoid. Couldn't get it right both times. Same issue as you and I had no leaks. Disabling the CEL isn't the safe way to go. You could be boosting to 28psi and you wouldn't know until ur head goes into the windscreen after u hit boost cut...
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby <GB> » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:17 pm

id be putting pressure on danny to get it right as it sounds like hes taken a short cut disabling the code
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby shav » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm

my WGDC was at 90% prior to the 3 port. When the tuner added the 3 port, WGDC was lowered and he could confirm that the boost was at a max of 16lbs after the tune was installed.

Agree with not having CEL codes removed. Quite dangerous.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 pm

owen wrote:Or ask him to lower the wastegate duty perhaps? Danny had two attempts at tuning my car with a 3 port solenoid. Couldn't get it right both times. Same issue as you and I had no leaks. Disabling the CEL isn't the safe way to go. You could be boosting to 28psi and you wouldn't know until ur head goes into the windscreen after u hit boost cut...

You still get the Boost Cut jolt at boost cut which remains active, it just stops the CEL coming on and getting limp mode
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby owen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:24 pm

^
I would still say that's unacceptable, wouldn't you agree Matt?
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 pm

We recently found ECU logic which can activate boost cut at 2psi below the real boost cut under certain conditions. So say you wanted to run 21psi on a 2.5bar MAP sensor, it would constantly hit boost cut at 22.8psi despite being on target boost or target 18psi and get 20psi boost cut constantly too.

Ideally, you want a boost cut set at a safe level. If the boost target was 17psi, the boost cut was 22psi and the CEL was disabled, then I would have an issue with that.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Shaheenis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

I installed this solenoid at Matt's recommendation and have had no problems with it. A re-tune was required prior to fitting.

I also had to make a custom mounting block as it did not bolt up to the original holes.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Next

Return to Tuning