[Split from] Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Postby brainy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:41 pm

I guess you could say that it might be all about the TH/Kido tunes since the Kido/TH tuned Learning Views are our bad examples of what it shouldn't look like. :P
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 pm

If we concentrate on the topic, it will continue to be of use to the forum as it was and is for me :-)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby bates91 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

senator wrote:but do we really need to keep hearing about how you are all now hard core tuners just because you were shown how to log and spent endless hours on the Romraider forum……

tony can you go over to ricenet and tell the boys this please, because after reading the 30+ page thread all the way through all ive taken from it is a bunch of childish bickering.
maybe there's too many abbreviations and i dont understand what the hell is going on, except that knock is a bad thing and that you can "pull" timing... :lol:
bates91
-stickered-

Car: BMW 135i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15799

Postby owen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:48 pm

A little feedback from me, I personally don't have any issues with my tune, however that doesn't really say much as driveability and all the technical phrases being thrown around is pretty low on my priority list. As long as I'm achieving my desired lap times and I'm not blowing anything..I'm pretty happy.
Having said that, Matt if you could please double check if you've left anything out in my tune? Although LV shows no issues, or dirty mafs and boost leaks as Bruce likes to call it, I'd still like to have the peace of mind that my car is running as it should, and reaching 210kw as you so excitedly claimed during our road test.
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:If we concentrate on the topic, it will continue to be of use to the forum as it was and is for me :-)

Why not post your LV to truly bring this topic back on track? I'd like to to see how much of revision your latest map truly was instead of a regression.. :)
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby owen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Bruce, there was slight knock in my LV..could u please share? I was in a bit of a hurry and left when u said it wasnt anything serious, however now that I'm lying in bed with not much else happening, I'm a little curious
owen

Postby Kekotic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 pm

owen wrote:A little feedback from me, I personally don't have any issues with my tune, however that doesn't really say much as driveability and all the technical phrases being thrown around is pretty low on my priority list. As long as I'm achieving my desired lap times and I'm not blowing anything..I'm pretty happy.
Having said that, Matt if you could please double check if you've left anything out in my tune? Although LV shows no issues, or dirty mafs and boost leaks as Bruce likes to call it, I'd still like to have the peace of mind that my car is running as it should, and reaching 210kw as you so excitedly claimed during our road test.

210kw? Dreaming!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby owen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:13 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
owen wrote:A little feedback from me, I personally don't have any issues with my tune, however that doesn't really say much as driveability and all the technical phrases being thrown around is pretty low on my priority list. As long as I'm achieving my desired lap times and I'm not blowing anything..I'm pretty happy.

210kw? Dreaming!

Well I must be! Since on re50as it's only 3 secs slower than my evo on A048s....

Edit. 3 sec around Winton. Not 1/4 mile, that would be pretty embarrassing.
owen

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm

owen wrote:Bruce, there was slight knock in my LV..could u please share? I was in a bit of a hurry and left when u said it wasnt anything serious, however now that I'm lying in bed with not much else happening, I'm a little curious

Here it is.
Attachments
Learning View_SS_A2UI000Z_2013-01-18 21 36 20.jpg
Learning View_SS_A2UI000Z_2013-01-18 21 36 20.jpg (76.98 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby dr20t » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Nothing wrong with that learning view from where I'm sitting

Maf scaling at low load could do with some adjustment but I put that down to Matt fattening up the fuel trims at idle to smoothen it out and ecu compensating to reach stoich
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 pm

I didn't say anything was wrong either with the LV.

I do question the 210kws with the VF46 though. :roll:
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby owen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm

dr20t wrote:Nothing wrong with that learning view from where I'm sitting

Maf scaling at low load could do with some adjustment but I put that down to Matt fattening up the fuel trims at idle to smoothen it out and ecu compensating to reach stoich

Cheers Mick. Could there be hidden issues that can't be seen from that screen shot? I have never logged it, nor have I ever really given a shit up until now. Needless to say, I'm a little concerned by all the constructive criticism re matt's tuning methods, I really would prefer not to blow my daily
owen

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 pm

brainy wrote:I guess you could say that it might be all about the TH/Kido tunes since the Kido/TH tuned Learning Views are our bad examples of what it shouldn't look like. :P

Want me to post LV's of workshops of NSW and Vic then? To show how often it occurs and have the tuner leave it?

Seen them all, even CAI's scaled in with injector resize and then tweak OL fueling until the AFRS were flat but shows up massive FLKC after D range learns to a negative and makes it run lean on boost.

Maybe you should wonder why there is 20+ US tuners running my maps often with minimal tweaking... even says on a RomRaider thread which Bruce linked that my tunes are good. ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 pm

bass_straitener wrote:I didn't say anything was wrong either with the LV.

I do question the 210kws with the VF46 though. :roll:

It was 200+ depending on how the intercooler setup keeps things under control. I am sure Owen can tell you how well it runs and how the power delivery holds.

It didnt have enough torque to accelerate properly in 6th gear previously, must have made some gains somehow.

Owen: I am happy to catch up for a tune tweak too. I got the IHI compressor maps so have been busy mapping them for optimal boost and compressor efficiency.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby owen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:I got the IHI compressor maps so have been busy mapping them for optimal boost and compressor efficiency.

I have no idea what any of that means, but if it means more power, I'm all for it! Also..can I please have my exhaust popping back? It still pops a little bit during low rpm downshifts, but I'm starting to miss the big pops in between gears :D when are u back in town?
owen

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning