[Split from] Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: [Split from] Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Postby Kekotic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 am

Brandon my car has always been running correctly since the second tune, seems to be a bit of a miscommunication here at the moment.

When the car was initially tuned I had a pretty big boost leak from the TMIC to throttle body, which is what set off the CEL and overboost while Matt was in the car, so Matt toned down the initial tune to be safe while I fixed the boost leak. That was when I took the car to Bruces house the next day so he could help me refit the Perrin TMIC.

I just like sending logs and LV's to Matt because I always take them as I like to see how the car is running and so I figure why not just show Matt as well. Then Matt sometimes will end up making a new revision to tighten the MAF scaling or add a little more timing as the car has always ran a bit rich which is fair enough for a road/remote tune setup.

Also the first 3 revisions was him playing it safe because he wanted to make sure that the boost leak had definitely been resolved, so he was incrementally increasing boost etc.
My car has never hit overboost again since the leak was fixed nor has it ran badly or pulled shit loads of timing. Always see 1.00 IAM
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby <GB> » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

chaotic2050 wrote:Brandon my car has always been running correctly since the second tune, seems to be a bit of a miscommunication here at the moment.

When the car was initially tuned I had a pretty big boost leak from the TMIC to throttle body, which is what set off the CEL and overboost while Matt was in the car, so Matt toned down the initial tune to be safe while I fixed the boost leak. That was when I took the car to Bruces house the next day so he could help me refit the Perrin TMIC.

I just like sending logs and LV's to Matt because I always take them as I like to see how the car is running and so I figure why not just show Matt as well. Then Matt sometimes will end up making a new revision to tighten the MAF scaling or add a little more timing as the car has always ran a bit rich which is fair enough for a road/remote tune setup.

Also the first 3 revisions was him playing it safe because he wanted to make sure that the boost leak had definitely been resolved, so he was incrementally increasing boost etc.
My car has never hit overboost again since the leak was fixed nor has it ran badly or pulled shit loads of timing. Always see 1.00 IAM

ah ok fair enough, seems strange to have 3 revisions playing safe worrying about a boost leak, i get them every few months lol
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am

<GB> wrote:
chaotic2050 wrote:Brandon my car has always been running correctly since the second tune, seems to be a bit of a miscommunication here at the moment.

ah ok fair enough, seems strange to have 3 revisions playing safe worrying about a boost leak, i get them every few months lol

No it doesn't. How does it seem strange to have 3 revisions incrementally increasing boost? Matt is not there in person with the car checking it on a dyno, he is doing it remotely where the only information he has to go by is a bunch of logs sent to him by Kieran.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby <GB> » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 pm

if the leaks fixed its fixed... not much difference increasing boost 1 or 2 psi really

boost leaks can blow anytime reguardless of the pressure
<GB>

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm

<GB> wrote:if the leaks fixed its fixed... not much difference increasing boost 1 or 2 psi really

And what if it wasn't a boost leak? What if it was something more serious and boost was just ramped up as if nothing was wrong? Again, you're forgetting that the tuner is not there, he is doing this all remotely.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby <GB> » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
<GB> wrote:if the leaks fixed its fixed... not much difference increasing boost 1 or 2 psi really

And what if it wasn't a boost leak? What if it was something more serious and boost was just ramped up as if nothing was wrong? Again, you're forgetting that the tuner is not there, he is doing this all remotely.

there is the flaw in that style tuning, lots of these people have no idea what they are doing with cars and then you ask them to do all these logs and hope nothing bad happens? common man these guys could be driving around with massive issues and after 6 months have a major engine issue, waiting for logs and revisions could be doing harm do you not see this? for some its an accident waiting to happen!
<GB>

Postby <GB> » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:21 pm

we need more learning veiws before we get too far off topic lol rome??? LV?
anyone?
<GB>

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Brandon go up to tuning for the op.
this is the split discussion ;)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Ric » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm locking this topic for 24 hours to give everyone a chabce to catch their breath, and have a look WHY these posts were split from the main topic...
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 pm

I've just unlocked this topic again.

Please take a moment to read RULE #1 before posting in this topic.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Shaheenis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Just saw the post from mods and have removed my off topic comments.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby jacks-GTB » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 pm

hey Kieran,

if you haven't already fixed the Perrin TM, try adding the AVO throttle body hose - http://www.avoturbo.com/avoshop/silicon ... p-811.html
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby Kekotic » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:39 am

Jack we managed to refit the TMIC the very next day to make the stock hose fit correctly, no issues since in about 4 months.
I do have a silicon replacement pipe for there but seeing as it's not leaking I'm not going to change it.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Previous

Return to Tuning