[Split from] Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Postby dazzz168 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Rome_STI wrote:If I had the ban stick I would fuck you all with it.

Geeez... Take a chill pill or something man, seriously.
dazzz168

Car: Forester XT & TB STi Lib
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20816

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

dazzz168 wrote:
Rome_STI wrote:If I had the ban stick I would fuck you all with it.

Geeez... Take a chill pill or something man, seriously.

I think the issue here is too many pills. If you knew me you would know I'm a very chill guy.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby WheelieBin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Seriously dazzz, GTFO. You might have joined in 2010, but it's quite obvious from your post history that you're here to:

a) trawl the For Sale section
b) troll this particular thread.
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby dazzz168 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 pm

WheelieBin wrote:Seriously dazzz, GTFO. You might have joined in 2010, but it's quite obvious from your post history that you're here to:

I'm out for real this time, don't worry about that.

I'm sorry for coming into your forum and express my thoughts like I did. But maybe next time you 'mature' guys will speak without he need for swear words etc... We are all here cause we love cars, opinions will always differ and there will always be debates and clashes online anywhere you go. You should really be more friendly.

Peace.
dazzz168

Car: Forester XT & TB STi Lib
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20816

Re: [Split from] Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

These are posts split away from the original "Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions" topic.
Please cut out the personal attacks, or I'll be forced to start banning people!
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Kekotic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:30 pm

My apologies for my previous comment, didn't choose my words very well.
I just felt the thread was becoming way too personal.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby WheelieBin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 pm

dazzz168 wrote:
WheelieBin wrote:Seriously dazzz, GTFO. You might have joined in 2010, but it's quite obvious from your post history that you're here to:

I'm out for real this time, don't worry about that.

I'm sorry for coming into your forum and express my thoughts like I did. But maybe next time you 'mature' guys will speak without he need for swear words etc... We are all here cause we love cars, opinions will always differ and there will always be debates and clashes online anywhere you go. You should really be more friendly.

Peace.

I'd like to apologise. I've now read some more of the mostly horrendous waste of bandwidth that is the Rexnet thread, and come to the conclusion (with a little prodding from Bruce in PM ;)) that you're maybe not a troll. This whole situation is just making me nervous about my car, and I actually agree with Rome that a bunch of people, while perhaps not in need of a ban, really haven't helped out in this (or the Rexnet) thread. While there's been some posts with factual evidence of issues, a lot of it is just seeing who can sling the most crap, and that doesn't help me know if my car is going to blow up!!! :S (yes, I am organising a LV ASAP)
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm getting the good bits on how to decipher my learning view - thanks everyone for the info and keep the on topic coming!
:-)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:I'm getting the good bits on how to decipher my learning view - thanks everyone for the info and keep the on topic coming!
:-)

Have you received permission to post your LV?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

No news is good news maybe!
I will post it in the original unsplit thread maybe ;)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Aidos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Just read something that seems abit odd.. about a 2010 Camaro SS..
MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B 5EAT
Wagon Obsidian Black
178kW @ Safe Tune (apparently)

Perrin TMIC | AVO 450 | 3" Magnaflow TBE (i think) | Empty CAT | 3" High Flow Exhaust Resonator | 2.5" Magnaflow Mufflers | APS Hi Flow Air Intake | DW300 Fuel Pump | Stronger Re-built Auto Transmission | Quick Shift Kit | Additional Clutch Plates | JJM Turboworld Tune (Last tune it had) | 20" Unknown Rims | STi Front Lip | STi Gear Knob | STi Lower Arm Bar | STi ECU | STi Braided Brake Lines | Full Lighting Upgraded | Tinted Rear Lights
Aidos

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 am

Seriously Bruce, I thought you knew everything... FBKC is actually NOT the first stage and even then a lot of the FBKC is actually PFKC. You really trust a RomRaider post about that when it was written at a time when the 16bit ECU was out? It is NOT current info :) Might be worth you going over to the Cobb tuning forums for some answers ;)

Also, since you obviously missed the bit about how FLKC advance works, IF knock was missed due to the baud rate, the next refresh would show the timing being added back in since the timer is longer than the refresh rate. For someone who knows IT, surely you know what interpolation is? :roll:

Kieran and I are only on the 5th revision since August... :air_kiss:

bass_straitener wrote:
How long have you been tuning with Matt for Kieran? 3 months?

And still, you're taking 5 logs per weekend and an LV. And still your seeing FLKC, the second stage of knock correction, FBKC being the first.
You're taking 5 logs per weekend with about 24 different parameters being logged. Let me just let you know now, your logged information is useless. You have too much time between refresh to not be able to tune anything with that info. Most tuners will ask for specific things logged to dial in specific areas of your tune. At 24 parameters your refresh rate is so slow you're missing most of the knock being logged too, in fact on any meaninful attention.
And for someone who emailed me to check their AF corrections are not FLKC I'm not even sure you know what you're logging and why?
You even questioned me why your RPM at idle was high at idle when cold and didn't know the reason till I showed you the table.
Why didn't you contact your beloved tuner then? I'll give you the answer, you were frustrated about how long it would take to get an answer and you may not believe the answer.
I can only guess the reason for the spiteful post. I didn't let you drive a true 200kw car on Friday.
You're frustrated but lack the funds to take action. You're logging every weekend but seeing no real change to your LV and your car stutters coming on boost, economy promised is no where near delivered and your MAF is still not within the +- 5%. All this after 3 months or so. Oh, you've become an expert in MAF cleaning.
I did apologise to Ben as the comment was purely tongue in cheek. I've PMed Ben an apology as well as I don't know him too well and was a bit sad he took it personally.
But you who knows me pretty well would think I'm pathetic really takes the cake.
Best conserve your mental resources for what lies ahead for you in your tuning caper.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 am

dr20t wrote:I personally am a little disappointed with Matt for the fact that some of the claims he has made haven't been backed up, as well as seeing some of these other forums and outlandish posts / claims he has made. A couple of days ago I was livid as I genuinely thought he was a good bloke and then all these claims started surfacing (not about his tuning but his character and integrity). I've calmed down a little bit and spoken to Matt. For now he has pacified me. I checked the tune and the things I was concerned about and I was jumping the gun a bit. I guess I was taken aback by some of the claims coming out and was not knowing whether I could believe the claims he makes.

The bad mouthing of other tuners is also something I'm not a fan of. Especially when it's blatant bullshit. Like Eric from tp - if Matt is bad mouthing him (which I haven't evidenced) then that's not right cos from what I've seen Eric has a great reputation. Integrity is number one and if Matt fails to meet my integrity expectations as a person (let alone as a tuner) then for me he will be axed.

However ill say this here - everyone seems to have become a tuning guru and is using this as an opportunity to have a swipe. People that are unqualified are making massive assumptions on other people's behalf when they have no right to. Tuning is fkn hard. I can probably tune my own car to a certain degree with some guidance from the gurus. I understand the drivers of the ecu logic. However wen it comes to something like this I defer to the professionals for a reason. Just like I can do ALL mechanical work, but have let phat gt : Michael at garage 88 do alot of it for me. Convenience and trust. Plus i can't tig weld. And he has done a lot more subie mods than I so I'll defer to his expertise. Will he get everything right? Fk no. Will I? Again no. But I guarantee within some degree of certainty that his strike rate will be higher than most out there, and its the safer option. If he does make a mistake or doesn't know something am I gonna crucify him because I read on a thread on www that so and so did this and that???. No cos it's not feasible for everyone to know everything and it's a lack of respect.

The good thing with Michael is if he doesn't know something he won't profess to knowing it. And I've seen him ask questions of his more knowledgable clients on things he may not know. That's something I respect. But even he gets things wrong cos he's human and hasn't seen everything. But for someone to come on here and chastise others for their choice or cos they don't know everything is ridiculous!!

Im the first to admit I trust people probably a little too much. But I won't let anyone work on my car before I verify the claims. I first heard of Matt on romraider when I saw some of his work and was impressed with his auto dbw maps etc. And his willingness to help. When Bruce mentioned he was on here tuning I jumped on the bandwagon.

I was thoroughly impressed with the change in my car. From a sloppy shifting and laggy auto which lost Convertor lock up at 5000rpm and managed a best quarter mile of 14.5 seconds with all the mods I had, to what it is now - no mechanical changes except I went to eflex fuel. Granted my car wasn't boosting above 14 psi when I ran the 14.5 due to boost controller hose leak but it was still a massive difference.

Knock has been minimal - eflex probably masks this. I checked his timing tables. They are conservative for a two litre but I believe timing tables weren't optimized for my factory 9.5:1 static compression. Is it the best tune in the world- probably not. Does it do the job for now? Yes.

Test will be my new setup. Matt will be retuning it with oversight from Scott from insight who I trust. This will ensure if nothing more that ill have two sets of eyes over it incase one misses something. Matt wont mind this im sure but even if he did, this is the way I want it.

I have had a chat to a few people on here about my frustrations and concerns, including the man of the hour himself (Matt). If my concerns and requests aren't verified ill be sure to voice them openly. But until then I'm happy to work with Matt to rectify his reputation with some people. At least for his credibility sake.

Everyone makes mistakes, and its rare for someone to make an admission of guilt in the automotive world. But it's one thing to admit and another to do something about it. I hope Matt does the latter. I also would like to hear his version on why the checkered history on other forums. It could well be just like everything else in the interwebz where you don't know who is spinning and who is real.
Mick

The outlandish stuff is because most people dont want details posted... quite a few members have seen my Pulsar and/or been for a drive in it. I am sure BBB can comment on my photography skills and that was primarily why I rarely posted photos anywhere

I actually kept the TP issues to myself... It was one errant email that went to a 'tigermica' instead of 'Tim' who is a Australian local Subaru dealer that even identified there was a problem with the Cruise AVCS tables when engine load goes high but the DBW is targetting below boost threshold. Just Dazz jumped on the bandwagon once he got the email and decided to make it public... not realising I had told NOBODY about it. There is a few instances of issues which I could have made public, but I chose not to. Ask Eric about a car having a boost leak I told the owner about repeatedly but Eric said nothing was wrong as the MAF was scaled in fine... turned out to have an injector seal blown out and rolled back over the injector? Engine goes bang as is usually the issue with a massive vacuum leak and one cylinder running rich and the rest running lean.

Maybe we need to link in my LS1 forum posts where I embarrassed some of Australias LS1 tuning experts in relation to how V.E works(2psi manifold boost does not mean you have more than 100% VE) to prove I have been doing this for long enough... but I am not a complete asshole as I patiently replied to 30+ pages of posts in that thread to prove I was right.
Last edited by KiDo_Tuning on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:10 am

Aidos wrote:Just read something that seems abit odd.. about a 2010 Camaro SS..

Yes, I owned a RHD converted Camaro SS right around the time I got my licence back... I lost my licence for a few years and the Camaro was the car of choice for my return to driving. Wonder why I chose not to keep it...
Quite a few Camaro owners in Australia these days :)

KiDo_Tuning

Postby <GB> » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Seriously Bruce, I thought you knew everything... FBKC is actually NOT the first stage and even then a lot of the FBKC is actually PFKC. You really trust a RomRaider post about that when it was written at a time when the 16bit ECU was out? It is NOT current info :) Might be worth you going over to the Cobb tuning forums for some answers ;)

Also, since you obviously missed the bit about how FLKC advance works, IF knock was missed due to the baud rate, the next refresh would show the timing being added back in since the timer is longer than the refresh rate. For someone who knows IT, surely you know what interpolation is? :roll:

Kieran and I are only on the 5th revision since August... :air_kiss:

]

I gotta ask.. why has kierans car taken 5 revisions to get right (if it is right..)and why 6 months of logging to get this far? i thought it would be easier to tune a car with hardly any mods?or factory turbo? shouldnt the tune and boost settings/tables be good enough to not throw up a cel that has been disabled? my car was origanally running of the factory boost controller factory solenoid too and it held boost fine and didnt throw up any cels?
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning