08 Liberty 2.5i Android Torque App Setup

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

08 Liberty 2.5i Android Torque App Setup

Postby plastic_prophet » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting in these forums so I apologise if I have put this in the wrong section.

I was hoping to get some help in setting up my 2008 Liberty 2.5i's ECU in the Torque Android App. I have been searching all day and cannot find anyone who has posted these settings anywhere.
I am no mechanic and I’m not really looking to be making any changes or to "tune" anything in any way, I just want to be able to monitor what is going on and be able to get clear error logs.

The issues I’m having is that I’m not sure what all the settings mean or where to get all the information to put in to the app. Is there anyone that has already done this or has an idea?

I have been through the owner’s manual about 5 times now and can’t even find simple things like Weight and Fuel Capacity.
I did find some of these specs on the internet but things like "Volumetric Efficiency %" have left me scratching my head.

I would also like to be able to see Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature and I have read somewhere that this is possible by using "PID's", but I’m not really sure what they are. I also read that doing this can cause issues with the ECU if you don’t know what you’re doing, so I didn’t want to try things without getting some advice first.

Any help or suggestions any one can come up with would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks heaps in advance!
plastic_prophet

Car: 2008 Liberty 2.5i

Re: 08 Liberty 2.5i Android Torque App Setup

Postby PinkK » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 pm

For weight I used kerb weight, you'll find that in your manual it should be something like 1650kg. Fuel tank capacity is about 65lts.
If you want to actually calculate Volumetric Efficiency % have a look here, otherwise enter the suggested value of 85. I haven't looked for Oil Pressure or Temperature so I can't help on that front unfortunately, I only use it to monitor my boost until I can afford a air vent guage :)
PinkK
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec. B Wagon

Re: 08 Liberty 2.5i Android Torque App Setup

Postby plastic_prophet » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

PinkK wrote:For weight I used kerb weight, you'll find that in your manual it should be something like 1650kg. Fuel tank capacity is about 65lts.
If you want to actually calculate Volumetric Efficiency % have a look here, otherwise enter the suggested value of 85. I haven't looked for Oil Pressure or Temperature so I can't help on that front unfortunately, I only use it to monitor my boost until I can afford a air vent guage :)

i wasnt able to find those details anywhere in the manual, which i thought was pretty strange. i did however find the weight and fuel tank capacity after quite a lot of googleing.
thanks for the link, although i think i might just leave it at the suggested value, i fail when it comes to maths lol

i have found that oil pressure and oil temp are not monitored by the ECU. Subaru decided it wasnt needed and haven't added the sensors. there is only a sensor to set off the oil dash light when the oil level gets below a certain point.

thanks for the reply!
plastic_prophet

Car: 2008 Liberty 2.5i

Return to Tuning