Haltech PS1000 (thread edit) ViPEC v88 VS open source.

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Haltech PS1000 (thread edit) ViPEC v88 VS open source.

Postby kiahatsiu » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 pm

G'day,
At the moment I am debating the purchase of a PS1000 to go on my new motor. Built 2.5 (new ej257, nitrided crank, 12mm oil pump, manley platnium pistons and H beam rods, acl race bearing and Possum bourne 14mm studs ect) with cleaned up DAVCS heads (not reshaped) and 264 cams. It will still be running the existing accessories the motor has, in aftermarket equal length headers, a CBRD BBk-L roller bearing (blouch 20g xtr), FMIC and 850cc side feeds. I intend on putting another fuel pump and some sort of surge tank somewhere under the car.
I have had a few open source tunes done by Coyote in the past and they have been very good. However I understand that the later model Liberties have much better computers which allow for much more accurate tuning. Which leads me to a ps1000 (now vipec v88 due electronic throttle). Ideally it would be much easier to switch between e85 and 98 tunes, allow higher tuning resolution and a MAFless tune, which I understand isn't necessarily an improvement if the tuner has scaled the MAF well. On that subject, when does the MAF become a problem? I am running a standard MAF sensor attached to a 3" pipe. I have read that seppo tuners seem to run into limits at around 400 at the wheels. I would imagine that is about where I am going to be on e85.

It also won't brick out by being flashed too much. Theoretically

So, i ask you esteemed tuners, am I looking at this the right way? I am hoping to make as much as the engine can on both e85 and 98, and also to build on this down the track with a larger turbocharger.

In short: what should I do?
Edit: it looks like I will be going a v88 due to the electronic throttle. Same questions.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Re: Haltech PS1000 (thread edit) ViPEC v88 VS open source.

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Bewler?
kiahatsiu

Re: Haltech PS1000 (thread edit) ViPEC v88 VS open source.

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm

kiahatsiu

Return to Tuning