Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Learning View Snapshots \ Discussions

Postby dr20t » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:21 am

Not good at all

Check your maf - failing that I'd get Matt to jump on this ASAP

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 am

Clean the MAF carefully (rtm) and also check if there is dust or oil etc in the velocity stack via the MAFs hole (finger wipe).
If yes check the air box seals/hoseclamp: pulling it apart is 30min work.

I also had a vacuum hose pop off which was easy to spot, yet put the tuning process off for a couple of weeks, as I missed the issue. Symptom: rising idle to 1300 rpm when coming to a stop in traffic.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Aidos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 am

bass_straitener wrote:Has the tell tale AF Ranges of a tuner on this forum.

Time to get a new one, I reckon.

Doesn't look good.

I understand you didn't have a good experience with the tunes you are referring to.
Have others had the same experience? If the AF Ranges are that bad then surely he would have found it as a problem in some of his past tunes by now?

Im curious as i am looking to have mine properly tuned up very soon.
MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B 5EAT
Wagon Obsidian Black
178kW @ Safe Tune (apparently)

Perrin TMIC | AVO 450 | 3" Magnaflow TBE (i think) | Empty CAT | 3" High Flow Exhaust Resonator | 2.5" Magnaflow Mufflers | APS Hi Flow Air Intake | DW300 Fuel Pump | Stronger Re-built Auto Transmission | Quick Shift Kit | Additional Clutch Plates | JJM Turboworld Tune (Last tune it had) | 20" Unknown Rims | STi Front Lip | STi Gear Knob | STi Lower Arm Bar | STi ECU | STi Braided Brake Lines | Full Lighting Upgraded | Tinted Rear Lights
Aidos

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:29 am

As long as your car is properly maintained, mechanically sorted, you're prepared to do logging etc. and you know what you want from your tune, you should be fine.
It's can be a little frustrating going the remote tune route, but if you're patient, clear and polite, you'll get there.
bigBADbenny

Postby <GB> » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 am

That learning veiw is fucked!!
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby Aidos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 am

I'll only be doing a tune with him in person. Not keen on a remote tune, just doesn't site right with me.
Wagon Obsidian Black

Perrin TMIC | AVO 450 | 3" Magnaflow TBE (i think) | Empty CAT | 3" High Flow Exhaust Resonator | 2.5" Magnaflow Mufflers | APS Hi Flow Air Intake | DW300 Fuel Pump | Stronger Re-built Auto Transmission | Quick Shift Kit | Additional Clutch Plates | JJM Turboworld Tune (Last tune it had) | 20" Unknown Rims | STi Front Lip | STi Gear Knob | STi Lower Arm Bar | STi ECU | STi Braided Brake Lines | Full Lighting Upgraded | Tinted Rear Lights
Aidos

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:56 am

Aidos wrote:I'll only be doing a tune with him in person. Not keen on a remote tune, just doesn't site right with me.

I did 4-5 months of tuning with Matt with 2 visits to see him at the airport, numerous logs forwarded, 15 revisions or so, and finally a dyno tune at RTR for a net result of IAM < 1.0.

Good luck mate. Hope you have a better experience. :(
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby Aidos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 am

I don't like the sound of revisions.. From my past knowledge, a tune is done on a dyno and done once properly.

Is it just harder to tune a liberty or something?
Wagon Obsidian Black

Aidos

Postby jaydece » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 am

alexeiwoody wrote:Kido Matt...

It was tuned for 6 months, but I only recently got a tactrix 2.0 to have a look inside and I've been seeing knock ever since.

3 revisions now, still the same. Matt said to clean the maf, so waiting to see what he wants to do next. Can't drive in S# because of that. S mode is ok almost all 0.

Anyone else had these issues?

Hope your issues get sorted soon? and have better luck?

Look I wont lie? I considered looking into a kido matt TH (thottle happy as he is known) tune aswell?

But I have seen on the other forums that many customers of kido matt TH are having similar issues as posted above...This covers both in revision progress, updates and issues/problems not being sorted accordingly? Some of the guys have gone through the trouble of various remote tuning, road tuning and dyno tuning methods....with little to no success...

What turned me off the most was reading on one forum where it was removed from admin ( allot of bad words were exchanged ) about certain CEL's being disabled?!..and some customers not knowing about it at the time......I found that quite worrying... :shock:
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 am

My revisions are because of mods to zorst firstly, and secondly trying to get the DBW settings & upper boost levels reduced because stockish daily driver.
Once that's done, Matt will mitigate some popping on the overrun.

IMHO there's a lot of "features" in the tune I dont/didn't need at all.

I'm on a budget so Matts local/remote tuning scenario is a good fit, pending finalization. :D

so far the benefits have outweighed the negatives for sure!
bigBADbenny

Postby <GB> » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 am

jaydece wrote:

It was tuned for 6 months, but I only recently got a tactrix 2.0 to have a look inside and I've been seeing knock ever since.

3 revisions now, still the same. Matt said to clean the maf, so waiting to see what he wants to do next. Can't drive in S# because of that. S mode is ok almost all 0.

Look I wont lie? I considered looking into a kido matt TH (thottle happy as he is known) tune aswell?

But I have seen on the other forums that many customers of kido matt TH are having similar issues as posted above...This covers both in revision progress, updates and issues/problems not being sorted accordingly? Some of the guys have gone through the trouble of various remote tuning, road tuning and dyno tuning methods....with little to no success...

What turned me off the most was reading on one forum where it was removed from admin ( allot of bad words were exchanged ) about certain CEL's being disabled?!..and some customers not knowing about it at the time......I found that quite worrying... :shock:

WHICH FORUM WAS THAT ON?
<GB>

Postby Aidos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:15 am

I've just been reading some similar things... Rethinking my tuner of choice now
Wagon Obsidian Black

Aidos

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am

jaydece wrote:

Yes, the MAF was/is filthy on Alexei's MAF which should rectify the issue. Sucking down a lot more air makes things dirtier quicker ;)

CEL's being disabled? Think you might want to go look again, the thread was never removed by admin. Still there... the issue was I lowered the FLKC threshold so it detected knock earlier to prove the engine did not have knock(but lifted the FBKC RPM range so that the safer FLKC would pull timing IF it detected knock and there was no knock sum). Cobb Access Port Forums have a massive thread on false FLKC and how FBKC works.
Bruces car was proven knock free with knock ears on the RTR dyno and struggled to make boost on the dyno, yet a few days later was overboosting. Recent thread has Bruce doubting the 100 fuel supply at his local petrol station... oddly fuel quality alters AFR's which induces knock and causes overboosting. Most of Bruces logs/road session involved trying to scale in the wideband and boost control with a boost leak in the intercooler tank. I tuned a VF52 Legacy with a Cobb Intake and 3 port in the US Legacy 5EAT thread... took 3 revisions. Since the factory ECU has Target Boost compensation to achieve boost values based on Intake Air Temps and IAT's are generated at the MAF sensor, it makes sense on how boost is able to rise with a dirty MAF.

CEL's I remove are the typical secondary air pump where required(Alexei has this turned off in recent tune revision which is where the major knock has since occurred) and the P0420(for cars with an exhust fitted) and P0244 which stops the CEL light from flashing on in an overboost condition and entering limp mode which unlike 99% of Australias tuners which set the boost cut above 23psi(an unachievable value) I prefer to set the boost cut at a reasonable level and just let the car jerk once to stop the party rather than needing an ECU reset.
Last edited by KiDo_Tuning on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Kekotic » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 am

Aidos wrote:I've just been reading some similar things... Rethinking my tuner of choice now

I'm pretty happy with Matts tuning on my car so far, the only thing I have come across that I haven't liked is his turning off the wastegate CEL when boost spikes. I have turned mine back on, but hopefully he will either tell people he is doing it or stop doing it altogether.

For $400 I still think it's a bargain :D
Kekotic
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby <GB> » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:03 pm

confusing and confliting!! will be watching the outcome of this!!
<GB>

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning