Liberty GT 2007 Auto DBW tuning.

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Liberty GT 2007 Auto DBW tuning.

Postby Rome_BRZ » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 am

What's with the delay and hesitation between 2-3k rpm?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby jslayz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Still not a dsg though is it.
Improvements to the Requested Torque tables will help.

Still not gonna get rid of the shift delay so DSG has no shift delay and 5EAT has 3 seconds, so it is not DSG like at all.

Matt be realistic in your claims. You can improve the smoothness of the 5EAT but you can not make it like a DSG.

J
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby PoidaGT » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Rome_STI wrote:What's with the delay and hesitation between 2-3k rpm?

Hey Jerome

The car surges and then stalls then surges again, once it hits 3000rpm it powers off again.

It only affects autos once tuned.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby PoidaGT » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:33 pm

I got a good tip from a friend on the forum.

Hopefully this will fix the problem.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby XT_for_me » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:43 pm

jslayz wrote:Still not a dsg though is it.

Still not gonna get rid of the shift delay so DSG has no shift delay and 5EAT has 3 seconds, so it is not DSG like at all.

Matt be realistic in your claims. You can improve the smoothness of the 5EAT but you can not make it like a DSG.

J

Correct tuning of the DBW and a few other little things improves the shift considerably. It may not be a DSG but it does shift much more smoothly than a DSG. If you look at the video you will see very little hesitation in the acceleration as the box shifts, and that with the very old design 4 EAT. The Liberty 5 speed is much better.
Stopping is not optional!

KiDo Racing Big Brake Kits, Coilover Suspension, Tunes, Turbo rebuilds, and Kamak Turbos
Brake Kits
Coilovers
Tuning
Chassis Braces

XT_for_me

Car: Subaru Forester MY09 XT

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Rome_STI wrote:What's with the delay and hesitation between 2-3k rpm?

Customer was stalling up the auto for the launch ;) My tunes have never had the 1500rpm to 3000rpm hesitation that plagues most tuned cars.

jslayz wrote:Still not a dsg though is it.

J

0.36 seconds for a shift and that is only because the log sample rates are in 0.12 increments. Logs for the 5EAT show a 0.12 for a 'flat spot' in the kph ramp rate. What is a DSG shift speed like ;)

5EAT shifting in 3 seconds? No thanks!!

4EAT is still shifting smoothly and precisely, without needing the timing reduction reduced to zero on shift. If anything on timing zero, the shift is so violent it becomes less smooth :) 5EAT shifts are silky smooth regardless :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby B4ITZUP » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:32 pm

how about down shift?

I notice mine hesitate to down shift and at time, it shift to 2nd gear with high rpm and it just doesn't feel like there's enough time for the turbo then it shift to 3rd

or it take a while to down shift 2 gears
B4ITZUP

Car: MY07 GTB

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:44 pm

B4ITZUP wrote:how about down shift?

I notice mine hesitate to down shift and at time, it shift to 2nd gear with high rpm and it just doesn't feel like there's enough time for the turbo then it shift to 3rd

or it take a while to down shift 2 gears

My down shifts are setup around not unbalancing the car on back off, even if you deliberately backed off mid corner on a sweeping bend, the car will remain stable and allow the car to reduce velocity at a predictable rate without inducing oversteer/understeer etc

The stock tables(or anything close to stock) ask for some really shockingly bad values where the requested torque values are very high for from 30% to 100% accelerator pedal angle so it takes a long time to 'wind down' and thus release torque which allows the TCU to shift.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby jslayz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Im talking prefacelift TCU shift delay, it's there and can not be 'tuned out' as it is a safety feature of the jatco box TCU.

Click up on the steering wheel shift button or stick forward in sport mode, count to 3 and you will be in the higher gear you selected.

You do realise altering the RT will NOT remove the safety shift delay from the TCU.

My sisters GTI with DSG the changes are instant when you click the paddle, that is what I and every other 5EAT driver would want.

No one has cracked the TCU....yet, could you be our interim saviour????

Keen to see some footage of your 5EAT tuned boxes that show clicking up on the paddle, stick or button and then the shift up and also down.

J
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Postby Rome_BRZ » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:41 pm

jslayz wrote:Im talking prefacelift TCU shift delay, it's there and can not be 'tuned out' as it is a safety feature of the jatco box TCU.

Click up on the steering wheel shift button or stick forward in sport mode, count to 3 and you will be in the higher gear you selected.

You do realise altering the RT will NOT remove the safety shift delay from the TCU.

My sisters GTI with DSG the changes are instant when you click the paddle, that is what I and every other 5EAT driver would want.

Keen to see some footage of your 5EAT tuned boxes that show clicking up on the paddle, stick or button and then the shift up and also down.

J

Wasn't it you that was going to get the hex valve body mod from the US? He posted a video not long ago of someone who had the valve body for well over a year and still going strong, his shifts were so much quicker, there was almost no hesitation!
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby jslayz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
jslayz wrote:Im talking prefacelift TCU shift delay, it's there and can not be 'tuned out' as it is a safety feature of the jatco box TCU.

J

Wasn't it you that was going to get the hex valve body mod from the US? He posted a video not long ago of someone who had the valve body for well over a year and still going strong, his shifts were so much quicker, there was almost no hesitation!

Still has shift delay even with the VB mod. I'm lined up for a VB if the TCU shift delay can be adjusted to a shorter one.
jslayz

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:30 pm

J

I tune VW/Audi/Skoda and R35 GTR so I am well aware of how fast a DSG style box is. Stock MKV/MKVI GTi is 0.4 seconds which is where my 'claims' hold merit on shift speeds :)

Sorry, I have never encountered the delay either when tuning the car in person or during a remote tune. I have a local customer with an 5EAT Liberty, will see if he is available to get some videos.

FYI: It is possible to run the readback command on the TCU RAM to determine the correct tuning procedure :)

KiDo_Tuning

Postby jslayz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:25 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
J

I tune VW/Audi/Skoda and R35 GTR so I am well aware of how fast a DSG style box is. Stock MKV/MKVI GTi is 0.4 seconds which is where my 'claims' hold merit on shift speeds :)

Sorry, I have never encountered the delay either when tuning the car in person or during a remote tune. I have a local customer with an 5EAT Liberty, will see if he is available to get some videos.

FYI: It is possible to run the readback command on the TCU RAM to determine the correct tuning procedure :)

I'm all ears, keen to see what you can show us, been let down by all other tuners on this box functionality.

GTI DSG changes in 0.04 seconds actually.

J
jslayz

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:47 am

Posted data figures may be that fast for the actual gearbox to engage the next gear but the reality is that it is not quite 'that quick' for a full shift taking into account the time the engine rpm has to drop/rise to match the new gears speed. Shift times of 0.3 to 0.6 second 'flat spots' where no acceleration occurs and road speed plateaus is typical. I even have some logs of stock GTi's(and an RS5) going up hill that LOST up to 1.7kph road speed during 2nd to 3rd gear shift as the combination of engine braking as the engine slowed to match the higher gear plus the inclines effect on inertia during a part throttle, low road speed shift caused the car to slow in the half second it took to change gears

KiDo_Tuning

Postby jslayz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Back on topic, keen to see your vids of the 5EATs with your tuned RT tables.

While mine feels like 3 seconds it is only about 1 second shift delay (from close attention today), still way too long.

J
jslayz

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning