MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Alexei: Wheeliebin should send you his logs... lightning fast shifts in either mode. BMX045 in the USA
Why did back to back the final dyno roller speed at engine rev limiter change if Req Torque does not alter the tune? ;)

bass_straitener wrote:
Rome_STI wrote:I will also attest to quicker shift speeds, particularly with what chook described with downshifting. I can basically downshift now and flat foot it and it shoots off straight away like a rocket, I could not do this previous to Matt's tune.

Pity the cars in the US where Matt's been promoting his auto tuning are now starting to show weird shift behaviour and failing.
You need to have deep pockets to tune with Matt to cope with blown motors and failing transmissions. :lol:

Who are these cars Bruce? Keeping in mind that is a totally BS defamatory statement unless you can point us to the exact person who it was. Point me and the rest of the forum at the thread or owner ;)

Find a few dyno sheets where dyno roller speed does not line up with engine rpm which is the true indicator of transmission slip as seen in the USA... Double the rpm should be double the road speed but if you hold the boot in long enough it does lift power output artificially once it catches up on the flare.

<GB> wrote:maybe his tune doesnt work as well with the vavle body mods but better with stock auto

Ummm... rethink that statement,it does work.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby chook » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:Chook do you log your car? Have you checked maf scaling, if it's running rich or lean, if the avcs are too aggressive and how's your knock? And have you got a dyno sheet of the new tune?

So far I've heard specific references about how the downshifting in Auto Drive is better, somehow some guys assume that's the same as faster shifting in Manual tiptronic paddle mode. They're not the same. One can be tuned the other is largely mechanical. Anyway the faster manual mode shifting is pretty easy to test.

Im happy to load my stock tune again and check the shift speed. If there are any Melbourne kido lovers or just curious people let's conduct a test, see if you can tell which tune im running by how the gears change in manual mode ;)

No I don't log my car, didn't know my Maf had scales, smells rich, sounds aggressive, knocks pretty good gets a "who's there" every time! And my latest dyno sheet is in my build thread. Scotty from Insight Motorsports was the last person to technically tune my car.

I was referring to the tuning of the Auto so to speak, all I asked from Matt was to improve my shifts, which he has, they are fucking incredible!

Next time your in Canberra please get in touch and I will give you a test run!
chook

Car: MY04 liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19501

Postby chook » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:48 pm

<GB> wrote:
chook wrote:Nope no change of parts just Matt and his laptop and a couple hours of your time, just to clarify I have had a valve body mod to increase the line pressure of the trans around 12 months ago, this eliminated slipping but did not increase shift speeds and actually made gear shifts more clunky if that makes sense!

maybe his tune doesnt work as well with the vavle body mods but better with stock auto

Wow sorry missed this one GB just to clarify I had the valve body mod done approx 12 MONTHS ago and the tune by Matt about 3 WEEKS ago so yes they do work very well together!! :D :D
chook

Car: MY04 liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19501

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Mick I believed everything you said up until you said "I love everyone". After you said that you lost credibility :lol:
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby PoidaGT » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 pm

dr20t wrote:I love everyone. Thank you

I love everybody too :D
You're all my buddy's.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby <GB> » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Alexei: Wheeliebin should send you his logs... lightning fast shifts in either mode. BMX045 in the USA
Why did back to back the final dyno roller speed at engine rev limiter change if Req Torque does not alter the tune? ;)

bass_straitener wrote:
Rome_STI wrote:I will also attest to quicker shift speeds, particularly with what chook described with downshifting. I can basically downshift now and flat foot it and it shoots off straight away like a rocket, I could not do this previous to Matt's tune.

Pity the cars in the US where Matt's been promoting his auto tuning are now starting to show weird shift behaviour and failing.
You need to have deep pockets to tune with Matt to cope with blown motors and failing transmissions. :lol:

Who are these cars Bruce? Keeping in mind that is a totally BS defamatory statement unless you can point us to the exact person who it was. Point me and the rest of the forum at the thread or owner ;)

Find a few dyno sheets where dyno roller speed does not line up with engine rpm which is the true indicator of transmission slip as seen in the USA... Double the rpm should be double the road speed but if you hold the boot in long enough it does lift power output artificially once it catches up on the flare.

<GB> wrote:maybe his tune doesnt work as well with the vavle body mods but better with stock auto

Ummm... rethink that statement,it does work.

He said it clunks a little, I thought the combination may have been bad if it was just the tuning maybe it would shift better
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Sorry guys I love you all too, no homo, might post a proper reply tmr.

Mick I'd apologise if i offended you, I thought I very clearly said I would like to see your shifts tor myself before saying I'm a believer. I dont believe everything I read hence the need to see for myself, you should be careful saying stuff like that you're hurting my feelings. Also my own experience contradicts that the shifting speed is all that amazing. Which do you think I trust more your word or my own experience? Shift speed is fast on mine Im not complaining - it's just not a dsg. Anyone who disagrees should book a ticket with me and kido matt to germany to see volkswagen and tell them the good news that they need not waste any more money building dsgs, kido matt from sydney has found the answer and it just involves a subaru gear box and some trick tuning. :shock:

How about I just test it on my car again and let you guys know. I might be wrong. Happy to learn something new, although I'm afraid this won't be such a time. Anyway the auto gearbox is limited to how fast it can shift. Mechanically limited. No matter how much you tune. That's what I meant by the speed can't be tuned on manual - you can't infinitely keep getting faster shifts. It would still be slow compared to a better mechanical box. Such as a dsg.

Dsg dsg dsg. Why do i keep repeating it? Because it's faster. And because matt says he can tune our box to shift the same as a dsg. Search it on the forum. Hilarious stuff.

Matt why do i need WB's logs??? I only have like 6+ tunes you did for my car. Or are you saying his car shifts faster than mine on your tune? And I dont understand that bit about back to back dynos the ENGRUSH NO SO GOOD DERE. Needs more McDonald's straws and waterfalls hehe

Chook ill pm you tmr :) I did have a point for all the questions. Lol funny reply.

Peace out. Be gentle I'm only an auto driver.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby <GB> » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 pm

I must say I did see a you tube clip of a Subaru box Matt tuned and it did shift faster than all other Subaru cars I've driven. But they might not all be the same...
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:06 am

alexeiwoody wrote:Sorry guys I love you all too, no homo, might post a proper reply tmr.
Mick I'd apologise if i offended you, I thought I very clearly said I would like to see your shifts tor myself before saying I'm a believer. I dont believe everything I read hence the need to see for myself, you should be careful saying stuff like that you're hurting my feelings. Also my own experience contradicts that the shifting speed is all that amazing. Which do you think I trust more your word or my own experience? Shift speed is fast on mine Im not complaining - it's just not a dsg. Anyone who disagrees should book a ticket with me and kido matt to germany to see volkswagen and tell them the good news that they need not waste any more money building dsgs, kido matt from sydney has found the answer and it just involves a subaru gear box and some trick tuning. :shock:
How about I just test it on my car again and let you guys know. I might be wrong. Happy to learn something new, although I'm afraid this won't be such a time. Anyway the auto gearbox is limited to how fast it can shift. Mechanically limited. No matter how much you tune. That's what I meant by the speed can't be tuned on manual - you can't infinitely keep getting faster shifts. It would still be slow compared to a better mechanical box. Such as a dsg.
Dsg dsg dsg. Why do i keep repeating it? Because it's faster. And because matt says he can tune our box to shift the same as a dsg. Search it on the forum. Hilarious stuff.
Matt why do i need WB's logs??? I only have like 6+ tunes you did for my car. Or are you saying his car shifts faster than mine on your tune? And I dont understand that bit about back to back dynos the ENGRUSH NO SO GOOD DERE. Needs more McDonald's straws and waterfalls hehe

Chook ill pm you tmr :) I did have a point for all the questions. Lol funny reply.

Peace out. Be gentle I'm only an auto driver.

Reload your stock tune, the box lags between shifts and slops into gear. Yes, WB's car logs MUCH faster than yours... Done enough cars in the USA for them to know it is faster shifts. As stated previously, your car is/was an anomaly...

http://www.airboytuning.com/archives/138
Auto slip when the dyno roller speed does not line up with engine speed. Most commonly noticed when you say find 60kph and then at 120kph the engine rpm is not double what it was at 60kph... means the transmission is slipping and giving a false wheel power output. Figure some independant testing was in order hence the link ;)
Your dyno sheets show RPM matching roller speed. Now you know why so many auto owners gearboxes slip
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby dr20t » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:19 am

Matt I think some slip is inevitable as its an inherent part of the auto design (any auto not specific to ours). However, after 3500rpm and WOT it should be 1:1 lockup.
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby alexeiwoody » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 am

Where did you state that my car is an anomaly? Link please? This is the first time I'm hearing it. You've said many times now that your tune locks up my actuator with more line pressure and gets more power down to the wheels and that while erics and stock tunes have tranny slip your tune has no slip. My car has always felt the same in terms of slip. As far as I can tell there is none - which matches my dyno sheets, I didnt have crazy torque values like in the link you posted.

Matt I'm all ears if there is a way to make my car faster. Unfortunately you keep contradicting yourself over and over - and if you have my dyno sheets please post them for everyone to see - or we can assume that you dont have them and everything you say about them we can ignore. Because if you don't have them, you can't see them. If you can't see them how can you comment on them - it was over a month ago and even I have trouble remembering them whilst youve tuned how many cars since then? :banned:

And if you're referring to the initial slip as mick was saying...if mick is right - then matt, that has nothing to do with anything. Congratulations you've linked us that dynos record autos wrong. My car still doesnt slip at wot and shifts very fast. And now out of nowhere the tuner that tuned my car is saying my shift speed is lacking - while last year during a road tune he was telling me how amazing he's made the manual shifts. So which time were you making things up, during our road tune last year, our dyno tune last month or now?

No mention of you comparing to the dsg now?

If my car slops into gear on stock - I will post that here. If you're so confident then you have nothing to worry about. In my experience, eric my new tuner changed the dbw and requested torque to stock and my gears shift are just as fast.

I actually tried to defend you matt when benny and owen were saying your tune wears out the avcs, because as I was saying there's not enough clear evidence although they're probably right. Still I dont want someone to get blamed if we're not 100% sure. So I'm not biased for or against you, just want to see fact for fact. Really getting tired of the contradictory statements and frankly the bs. As a lot of people on here are. If you know your tune is so good - why get so defensive? Confident people don't need to blame customers cars (you know the saying "a bad workman..."?) or change their story over and over.

Cheers. Thanks for reading. :assassin:
alexeiwoody

Postby peadya100 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Hey Peter.... or anyone else that knows.
It occured to me that MSR will be playing around with boost levels.. Do i need to get a boost controller for this tune im getting? Or is there a way he can do that without a boost controller?
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm

You already have a std boost control solenoid. Different boost levels between I, s and #. Getting an aftermarket bcs is also good though - maybe get yourself a grimmspeed or prodrive or whatever msr has to offer. Google 3 port bsc benefits over std 2 port. Better for the car too. About $100 for one.

It needs a tune once installed so better to do it together.
alexeiwoody

Postby peadya100 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:18 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:You already have a std boost control solenoid. Different boost levels between I, s and #. Getting an aftermarket bcs is also good though - maybe get yourself a grimmspeed or prodrive or whatever msr has to offer. Google 3 port bsc benefits over std 2 port. Better for the car too. About $100 for one.

It needs a tune once installed so better to do it together.

Thanks for that! Ill google it and see what the benefits are. MSR didnt tell me to get one but ill ask him if he recommends one too.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Yeah it's not a deal breaker, but more than worth it for the price :) there was a really in depth article about them, might dig it up..
alexeiwoody

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning