MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto

Postby peadya100 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:20 am

chook wrote:Nope no change of parts just Matt and his laptop and a couple hours of your time, just to clarify I have had a valve body mod to increase the line pressure of the trans around 12 months ago, this eliminated slipping but did not increase shift speeds and actually made gear shifts more clunky if that makes sense!

Doesnt sound too painful. So whos Matt and what does he charge for that sort of work approx?
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 am

I will also attest to quicker shift speeds, particularly with what chook described with downshifting. I can basically downshift now and flat foot it and it shoots off straight away like a rocket, I could not do this previous to Matt's tune.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby chook » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 am

peadya100 wrote:
chook wrote:Nope no change of parts just Matt and his laptop and a couple hours of your time, just to clarify I have had a valve body mod to increase the line pressure of the trans around 12 months ago, this eliminated slipping but did not increase shift speeds and actually made gear shifts more clunky if that makes sense!

Doesnt sound too painful. So whos Matt and what does he charge for that sort of work approx?

You'll find him in the (for sale vendor) section under the Kido Racing banner you can contact him just via Pm. There you can check with Matt on pricing, but trust me it is very reasonable.
chook

Car: MY04 liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19501

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 am

Rome_STI wrote:I will also attest to quicker shift speeds, particularly with what chook described with downshifting. I can basically downshift now and flat foot it and it shoots off straight away like a rocket, I could not do this previous to Matt's tune.

Pity the cars in the US where Matt's been promoting his auto tuning are now starting to show weird shift behaviour and failing.

You need to have deep pockets to tune with Matt to cope with blown motors and failing transmissions. :lol:
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby peadya100 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am

bass_straitener wrote:
Rome_STI wrote:I will also attest to quicker shift speeds, particularly with what chook described with downshifting. I can basically downshift now and flat foot it and it shoots off straight away like a rocket, I could not do this previous to Matt's tune.

Pity the cars in the US where Matt's been promoting his auto tuning are now starting to show weird shift behaviour and failing.

You need to have deep pockets to tune with Matt to cope with blown motors and failing transmissions. :lol:

Yep.. thats enough for me to not go through with it. Not worth the risk. Ill just learn to drive it with the current set up. :)
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 am

bass_straitener wrote:

Your passive aggressiveness really pisses me off Bruce. Right or wrong you don't need to give your 5 cents worth in every singe thread where Matt's name is mentioned. I have had no issues to date with Matt, neither has Mick, nor anyone I am in close communication with in Sydney. Until I have issues myself I will continue to provide my good feedback.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 am

Rome_STI wrote:Your passive aggressiveness really pisses me off Bruce. Right or wrong you don't need to give your 5 cents worth in every singe thread where Matt's name is mentioned. I have had no issues to date with Matt, neither has Mick, nor anyone I am in close communication with in Sydney. Until I have issues myself I will continue to provide my good feedback.

I'm just posting an opinion as you are. It pisses you off, that's you're problem. You've had no issues and are entitled to state that. Me on the other hand have had issues, as have the numerous cars that I've checked across 3 forums, owners that complain to me and know plenty that have moved off his tune quietly without saying a thing because of the shit result, and even worse communication.

Seems you want just your side to be heard and not mine. Fair? :angry2:
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 am

bass_straitener wrote:
Rome_STI wrote:Your passive aggressiveness really pisses me off Bruce. Right or wrong you don't need to give your 5 cents worth in every singe thread where Matt's name is mentioned. I have had no issues to date with Matt, neither has Mick, nor anyone I am in close communication with in Sydney. Until I have issues myself I will continue to provide my good feedback.

I'm just posting an opinion as you are. It pisses you off, that's you're problem. You've had no issues and are entitled to state that. Me on the other hand have had issues, as have the numerous cars that I've checked across 3 forums, owners that complain to me and know plenty that have moved off his tune quietly without saying a thing because of the shit result, and even worse communication.

How do you figure that? Go search through my posts and count how many times I've posted positive feedback about Matt, so this isn't about that at all. It's about you making smartass comments almost every single time Matt's name gets mentioned. If you are so eager to share your collaborated opinion, why don't you post it in one of the dedicated threads about Matt rather than everyone else's threads?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 am

Mick would love to see your gearshifts mate. I've had my car tuned and tuned and tuned by matt and then tuned by eric and there's barely any difference in shift speed between stock, erics or matts. I do want to believe you, it's just on my 07 box - matts tune made the drive mode better (agreed, it's definitely nicer timing) but as far as manual shift speed - it's still sloooww.

The valve mode makes the real difference with the right tune. The tune itself - with 160-180atw...msr says no, my experience says no, phil lowe says do valve mode and matt kido says he can make it like a dsg while his tune is now being said wears out the avcs gears..takes days to reply to emails if at all and charges 400 for a road tune. When he doesnt even check if the car is mechanically ready. Id stick with msr. With all the things on this forum saying to be careful of kido tuning and you getting much much better value with msr considering he's doing the installation and knows if something is wrong....and considering he's fixed issues on certain cars matt was never able to fix. Ask bass straightener, Owen, big bad benny tonnes of others here and oz foz and rex net forums - if you dont know how to log or tune your car be very careful with this tuner. If you know how to tune then go for it.

If the shifting speed can be increased - msr can do it. Dyno is better than a road tune anyday. Kido would charge 700+ for a dyno. Respectfully, not badmouthing anyone just a warning because many have been through this before.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:

How do you figure that? Go search through my posts and count how many times I've posted positive feedback about Matt, so this isn't about that at all. It's about you making smartass comments almost every single time Matt's name gets mentioned. If you are so eager to share your collaborated opinion, why don't you post it in one of the dedicated threads about Matt rather than everyone else's threads?

Mate look at this thread topic. It's called MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto not Matt can tune your auto.. Go start your own thread and take your own advice.

You car gets tuned by 2 tuners. Matt to tune and Scott to keep and eye on him. :lol: What a load of crap... I've never seen or heard of such BS before. Shows that even you guys are not comfortable with his methods completely. :evil:
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

bass_straitener wrote:
Mate look at this thread topic. It's called MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto not Matt can tune your auto.. Go start your own thread and take your own advice.

You car gets tuned by 2 tuners. Matt to tune and Scott to keep and eye on him. :lol: What a load of crap... I've never seen or heard of such BS before. Shows that even you guys are not comfortable with his methods completely. :evil:

Scott doesn't keep an eye on my tune so I don't know where you get that information from, you might be mistaking me for someone else.

Look I'm ignoring your posts from now on Bruce say what you want I'm over your self-pretentious crap. You haven't changed since our first blow up, you got better for a while but now it's even worse.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Peter.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Postby PoidaGT » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Lots of passion here!
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Chook do you log your car? Have you checked maf scaling, if it's running rich or lean, if the avcs are too aggressive and how's your knock? And have you got a dyno sheet of the new tune?

So far I've heard specific references about how the downshifting in Auto Drive is better, somehow some guys assume that's the same as faster shifting in Manual tiptronic paddle mode. They're not the same. One can be tuned the other is largely mechanical. Anyway the faster manual mode shifting is pretty easy to test.

Im happy to load my stock tune again and check the shift speed. If there are any Melbourne kido lovers or just curious people let's conduct a test, see if you can tell which tune im running by how the gears change in manual mode ;)
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby Newbie GT » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Enough Auto talk...

6MT and be done with it !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Newbie GT

Postby dr20t » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Alexei I'm sorry mate but you are completely wrong with almost everything you've said. You know I've had alot of time for you in the past but just take a step back and read what you're saying.

The blanket dispersions you're casting on people is quite bad mate.

You want proof of my auto shifting quicker than stock - look at my build thread and the fastest liberty thread in the performance section. This isn't me being a wanker I'm just pointing out the proof you're after. My car shifts quick enough to get me a good time down the quarter in a straight line. It also allowed me to have the fastest liberty time at our marulan track day last year.

For the fourth time in this thread - I'm telling you with 100 percent certainty that my auto shifts alot quicker and smoother than ever before. I'm not embellishing about this fact and have no reason to.

The reason I say you don't know what you're saying is you're regurgitating second hand info about the shifting being purely mechanical and can't be fixed with a tune etc etc. the same shit I've heard from 4 or 5 tuners who don't know what they're doing so assume its not possible. You know the saying. A bad workman....??

Have you pulled one of these boxes down yourself to understand what these "mechanical mods" msr and others are advising you to do actually mean? I have. And I can tell you it's not mechanical at all. It's a resistor to fool the tcu. And that's a dodgy way of fixing the shifting issue, for reasons I won't go into here.

The states guys are so full of shit that they told me my car was a unicorn fairy tale and couldn't be shifting so good and making that much power with the auto. Until I posted a dyno and a 12.2 time slip. What was the response? Silence.... Funny that isn't it? And thus I now take their advice or "proof" with a grain of salt. (This does not apply to frankster by the way, who was initially sceptic but was a gentleman in his dealings with me).

Its the same as people saying you can't make more than 200kw atw with an unopened motor safely. Or you should stay TMIC up to 300awkw. It's all marketing rubbish and spin and Internet bullshit.

I'm telling everyone here - first hand - that my car shifted super fast, super smooth and was a much better car to drive with Matt's dbw maps in there. Others have criticized other aspects of his tuning (which I'm not personally affected by so I can't comment on) and they may be fair and valid. But to say its crap and I'm "deluded" or similar by thinking my car is shifting faster when really it's not, is insulting. Not to Matt - to me.

This is even more insulting noting you and most ppl saying it can't happen haven't even seen my car let alone been for a drive in it. The ones that have all commented on the smooth shift and good it felt

So In summary - dont believe everything you read - especially when there's a marketing or pr interest attaching to it. And I'm not bullshitting about my experience. It's the absolute truth

I love everyone. Thank you

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning