Open Source ROMS

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Open Source ROMS

Postby hbt15 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi all,

Just purchased an 07 B-Spec wagon. Loving it.

Used to have a Lancer and there was a big ECU flashing scene on the lancer forums and lots of good tunes came out of it. Made some good improvements on my stock car without having to go to a shop for an expensive tune.

Does such a culture exist within the Liberty community? Doesn't seem to be as prevalent as it was with the Lancers?? The same tactrix unit used on the lancers is the same as the one used on the subareas i believe so already have all the hardware required for a flash.

Cheers
hbt15

Car: MY08 Liberty B-Spec Wagon

Re: Open Source ROMS

Postby Kekotic » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 pm

hbt15 wrote:Does such a culture exist within the Liberty community?

No.

We aren't idiots who share tunes between cars while we add in our Altezza style tail lights together.
All cars are different. If you want to blow your car up, go run a tune from a USDM Legacy available on the romraider forums.

Also Welcome 8)
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Open Source ROMS

Postby zorro » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:03 pm

I have to agree ^^^^

All cars are different, you can flash in a tune straight off a different car with 'similar' mods but I doubt you would get much gain. You can have the software but if you don't understand what you are doing you have potential to go wrong pretty quickly, and I'm guessing the lancers were n/a so you have a little bit more of a buffer than fi. Even mail order tunes are less than ideal.

Your VE table, timing etc will differ depending on fuel used, mods, climate.....
zorro

Car: Z-Series Senator

Postby garbo41610 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:10 pm

But how do I get more powaaa to haul my hektik 15" Sony Xplod subs????
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
We aren't idiots who share tunes between cars while we add in our Altezza style tail lights together.

Also Welcome 8)

Ferken' Lawl.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby MH3.0R » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm

hbt15 wrote:Hi all,

Just purchased an 07 B-Spec wagon. Loving it.

Used to have a Lancer and there was a big ECU flashing scene on the lancer forums and lots of good tunes came out of it. Made some good improvements on my stock car without having to go to a shop for an expensive tune.

Does such a culture exist within the Liberty community? Doesn't seem to be as prevalent as it was with the Lancers?? The same tactrix unit used on the lancers is the same as the one used on the subareas i believe so already have all the hardware required for a flash.

Cheers

First and foremost, welcome and forget some of the previous banter.

Personally, I think you have been misunderstood.

There are several of us in this forum that are "flashing", but not sharing ROM images, actually customising them through some guys with extensive tuning knowledge. I would recommend you check out the Kido Racing thread in the Commercial part of the For Sale section. And also have a good read of the RomRaider forums and OpenECU forums to get yourself conversant with the techniques applicable to the Subaru Liberty. You will also need a Tactrix Cable and notebook PC to commence logging, downloading your ROM and eventually, flashing (at your own risk).

Again, welcome and good luck with the tuning. There is a lot of potential under your bonnet as opposed to the little between the ears of some!
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby Robbks » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:11 am

there's a lot of this "all cars are different" talk going on.
But ALL our cars (same model) share the exact same factory tune......

so the low-level generic tunes that only alter the DBW tables and actually remove timing to make the tune safer (for our 3.0RB's that ping their t!ts off on the stock tune) are fine to share around (if it's your own work and not someone elses).
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Robbks wrote:there's a lot of this "all cars are different" talk going on.

so the low-level generic tunes that only alter the DBW tables and actually remove timing to make the tune safer (for our 3.0RB's that ping their t!ts off on the stock tune) are fine to share around (if it's your own work and not someone elses).

Pulling timing? No need, they make bigger gains with a smoothed timing table and actually will take more timing! Erratic timing is worse than too much, stock MY11 STi will knock 6 degrees on stock tune as timing is lumpier than month old custard. Tuned STi you can add 7 degrees timing!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby MH3.0R » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:36 pm

+1
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Postby MH3.0R » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:36 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:

Pulling timing? No need, they make bigger gains with a smoothed timing table and actually will take more timing! Erratic timing is worse than too much, stock MY11 STi will knock 6 degrees on stock tune as timing is lumpier than month old custard. Tuned STi you can add 7 degrees timing!

+2
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Return to Tuning