5EAT Auto modding in US - Vids - Hope for us auto drivers

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: 5EAT Auto modding in US - Vids - Hope for us auto driver

Postby Rome_BRZ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:00 pm

frank_ster wrote:the valve body mod enables the trans to run higher pressures and also enlarges oil flow restrictions so the fluid can get to the chambers faster.

the two most common modes of failure for the 5 eats are the center differential breaking due to too much torque in first gear.

and clutch pack ware due to slow shifts. like a manual box if you always let the clutch out very slow the clutch will wear out faster.

the quicker shifts keep the clutches cool. if the shifts were way to fast it could act like a hammer on the gears. where the clutches would last forever but the gears and shafts may break.

the high stall converter is only to be able to launch harder and to have more off idle acceleration.

if you guys slpit my flight to austraila i could modify a bunch of valve bodies for you guys :) to make things more worth while ;)

The ones who would actually want to do this are majority post-facelift Gen IV...which is the same as your 08+ which there is no VB mod for?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby frank_ster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 pm

ah yes thats correct.
frank_ster

Car: liberty with buick 3.8 v6 turbo

Postby frank_ster » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 pm

rwd 4wd conversion

the front wheels are getting only a certain amount of torque it seems its imited to about 100 psi hydraulic pressure in the transfer clutches i am very confidant this can be increased as the clutches are similar in size as the ones for the clutch packs for the speeds them selves.

but unfortunately i have since broken the rear spider gears, i have welded the rear diff as a temporary solution but i'm looking for a 180 or 200 diff with 3.23 gears
or at least to know if the carrier is the same from a wrx and if a aftermarket torsen would fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1lw7EHm7Ig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEP-BFu9U2o
frank_ster

Car: liberty with buick 3.8 v6 turbo

Previous

Return to Tuning