Tune in Perth

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Tune in Perth

Postby NA84WA » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Hey Guys,

Thinking of having my 08 GT-B Auto tuned. I believe ASG in Malaga are the people to see in regards to this.

What i would like to know is who in Perth has had experience with ASG and were they happy with the results? Also im deciding if i should aquire a PHAT Dump Pipe and install before tuning or have a tune carried out on the stock exhaust. I know most people will say go with the dump pipe first before the tune but the reason i brought the car was because i like the "luxury" feel of the car and dont want to attract much attention with increased noise? Can anyone tell me if the dump pipe will make the exhaust louder? I know its a trade off between power and noise but i really just want to make the car more driveable.

The car has HKS panel filter, HKS bellmouth intake where the resonator was and prova air guide.

Some experiences with this set up would be much appriciated as i dont want to get a tune the decide i want a dump pipe then need another tune, just seems a waste of money.

Look forward to your responses

Thanks Guys
NA84WA

Car: Subaru Liberty MY08 GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12211

Re: Tune in Perth

Postby Jimmy S » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 am

Definitely get down and see Sean and the boys at AllStar Garage!... Nuff said!
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

Postby lozza » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:45 am

x2

Sean at ASG would def make your car "more driveable"

still safe and conservative but once you get the tune and see what a diff it makes you'll prob want to open up the exhaust and do a few other mods too..... once that bug bites...look out :assassin:
TEAM BLACK slightly modified

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9232&start=0
lozza

Car: 07LibGTBtbSTI

Postby NA84WA » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for the input guys, much appricated!!

Have paid for a dump pipe from PHAT after little convincing!! His product looks very well made and he's great to deal with. Dump should be here with in the next couple of weeks.

Went to ASG this morning and spoke to Sean. Seems to know his stuff so car is booked in for the 3rd May for a Verso tickle!! Looking forward to seeing the results not so much on the power figure side but more so on how the car drives.

Will post dyno results after tune :D
NA84WA

Postby Aiby » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Hey Mate, how much is that Verso tickle going to cost and what's involved?
Aiby

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty GT B

Postby NA84WA » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:57 pm

$1190 for the verso tickle, bit pricey compared to what ppl are paying over east. But from what ive read Sean at ASG is the best in Perth at tuning subarus so id rather pay that little bit extra for piece of mind & its 4 hrs dyno time apparently. Beside i dont think you have much other choice for verso in perth either!!

Dump pipe was $940 shipped to Perth from Phat GT
NA84WA

Postby jeffas4966 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Had mine done by Steve at Maximum Motorsport. Knows his stuff as well, down side is that it is ECUTEK (if that is a bad thing)
MY08 GT-B "Tuned by Sti", ECUTEK enhanced, Dixcel Brakes, TBE
#140 of 250
jeffas4966

Car: Liberty GTB STI

Postby masis » Wed May 04, 2011 9:04 pm

I've heard good things about ASG too. I've ordered my Phat dump-pipe too & hope to head out there to ASG in a month or so.

I'll be interested to hear how your tune goes!
masis

Car: 2007 Liberty GT Tuned by STI

Postby TheFirstEskimo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:00 pm

jeffas4966 wrote:Had mine done by Steve at Maximum Motorsport. Knows his stuff as well, down side is that it is ECUTEK (if that is a bad thing)

Jeff, were you happy with the results? What exactly did you get done at MMS?
I ask because I've just ordered a PHAT dump pipe and I'm looking for a quality install then tune in Perth.
TheFirstEskimo

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21725

Postby masis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Mick. I had my Phat dump pipe installed by ASG and also got a Verso tune done at the same time. The car drives much, much better thanks to both mods. They have my recommendation.
masis

Postby TheFirstEskimo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:04 pm

masis wrote:Hi Mick. I had my Phat dump pipe installed by ASG and also got a Verso tune done at the same time. The car drives much, much better thanks to both mods. They have my recommendation.

Thanks for the info and recommendation Mike, ASG seems to have a good rep and prices are quite reasonable. Did you only have the dump pipe installed and keep your stock exhaust and intake?
Also have you needed to take it back for a re-tune since?
TheFirstEskimo

Postby masis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Yep, I've still got the standard cat back (STI quads) but have a HKS panel filter insert. I haven't needed to head back for another tune as the car feels just fine :-)

I have an AVO intake pipe to put in at some stage (I had an attempt at this before and it's not a quick or easy job unfortunately) and then I'll get a new tune.
masis

Postby TheFirstEskimo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks for the advice people. Just to update, had my dump pipe, hks panel and open source tune (verso) done last week by the guys at ASG. Im pretty happy with the results! Car now sounds better and drives alot better. Time will tell if the fuel economy has got any better after the tune (once i stop stomping the accelerator every chance i get :D) I also took a video of the exhaust note before the dump pipe install and one after, so ill post that up shortly.
TheFirstEskimo

Postby TheFirstEskimo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:21 pm

[youtube1]http://youtu.be/izvrAQGnouY[/youtube1]
[youtube2]http://youtu.be/BjuTj9bwVtM[/youtube2]
:bb2:
TheFirstEskimo

Postby JDGT05 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:52 pm

I went to ASG last week and got my 05 Lib GT tuned, originally the person I dealt with was I thought a bit rude and not the friendly service I was expecting after I handed over my hard earned. When I went to pick my car up I was greeted by someone much for friendly and was happy to have a chat to me about other stuff!

However the job on the tune I can not fault, has made my car much more driveable, Having an auto car it has made the gear changes through the rev range a lot smoother and from what I can tell so far has been more fuel efficient when giving it the boot.

All in all, got what I paid for, and I'm extremely happy with the end result I got :)

Mine was tuned after installing a Phat GT Dump, and Ultrex Catback Exhaust and K&N High flow panel filter.

+1 ASG
Now driving the mighty 86 :)
JDGT05

Car: STI Spec Forester
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14065

Next

Return to Tuning