Tuners in Brisbane

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: Tuners in Brisbane

Postby ej25tt » Mon May 16, 2011 8:36 pm

kiks wrote:Mark Jacobson - Godzilla Motorsport
Matt Spry - PITS (gold coast)

Anything and anyone else and you're wasting your time.

Matt can't reflash ECU's. He will refer you to ChipTorque.
All Weather Driving (AWD) and Excellent Sideways Performance (ESP) as Standard
ej25tt
formerly runamuk

Car: 3rd gen liberty rx wagon

Re: Tuners in Brisbane

Postby Mikey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Jaz wrote:
SegR wrote:Does anyone have experience with Subi Evolution, John French Motors or Boxer Service for tuning of Liberties? (the closer to an '05 3.0R the better)

I had dealt with Russ @ subievolution for several years, his prices are reasonable, he knows his stuff. I've had him do a 6 speed driveline swap, simple servicing (timing belts etc)
I have to admit I swap between him and AMauto (amauto.com.au) depending on availability and what I had done. If you're having an engine built he has Serge La Monica doing a couple of days there as well. If he can buiid an 8 second WRX it's safe to say he can build you a good engine.

I've had AMauto do me a front mount, rotated turbo housings, battery relocation and a whole bunch of other stuff. As fabricators they're very good.

The other person I can recommend is Michael Collins, who I believe works out of Scorpion Subaru. I've not had any personal experience with him but have heard good things through a few of the guys in the WRX club of QLD.

Now getting to the ECU side of things.
Northside 4x4, the cheapest guys I've used. They tune a range of ecus but I'm not sure if they do reflashes.
PITS Matt Spry, in terms of hourly rate the most expensive I've used, but also the most comprehensive.
Chiptorque, Professional, well organised outfit, that do fair price, fairly conservative tuners overall I'd say, but they got good results with the Ezyflash unit and tune they did.

Any more info or more specifics please ask. Chances are I've dealt with a workshop in some shape or fashion.

Ha ha sweet, I thought my cousin Serge would have a good name with Subi's, I'll have to talk to him and see if he can do family discount ha ha :D
Mikey

Car: 07 Liberty GTB Tuned By STi

Previous

Return to Tuning