MRT

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: MRT

Postby ej25tt » Wed May 18, 2011 11:49 am

Funnily enough, after seeing this post, i have found many more claiming they are not happy with MRT. Noone seems to go back a second time. Thanks for the heads up.
All Weather Driving (AWD) and Excellent Sideways Performance (ESP) as Standard
ej25tt
formerly runamuk

Car: 3rd gen liberty rx wagon

Postby swingn » Wed May 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Ok guys, lets be clear... This is not a debate about ECUtek which MRT are the importers / distributors for. There is nothing wrong with the ECUtek software & in the right hands (S&J have always had good reviews) it's a good thing... The problem with ECUtek is the fact that license costs for the software bump the costs of the tune up significantly in most cases - IE: Custom tune using ECUtek = $2000.00 (Approx), Custom tune using Open Source Software = $1000.00 (Approx).

Now, in regards to MRT themselves, as another member has stated, a lot of people use them once, & less go back again... There is obviously a reason for this. I used MRT many years ago with my Liberty GT (Mind you I didn't know any better at the time). I found them to be friendly overly the phone initially, but after that it was all downhill. Their pricing is also very high when it comes to parts etc, in most cases you can get brand name bolt on parts out of Japan or the States which are much better quality for comparable money.

I know some people (Both Subaru & Mitsubishi owners) that swear by them, but I also know just as many who wouldn't use them.

If you do a search on the forum you'll find a great deal more info & opinions.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby stew07gt » Sun May 29, 2011 10:23 am

my only experience with MRT involved me simply asking for a price on a dump pipe. The email reply i got consisted of "do not do this mod, you will do it wrong and blow the engine up in 6 months, call me asap, we can help you with what you need".

Anyone else whos dealt with them been sold scare tactics?

(sydney based btw)
stew07gt
-stickered-

Car: MY05 GT MT (pearl white)
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14846

Postby ej25tt » Tue May 31, 2011 7:23 pm

stew07gt wrote:my only experience with MRT involved me simply asking for a price on a dump pipe. The email reply i got consisted of "do not do this mod, you will do it wrong and blow the engine up in 6 months, call me asap, we can help you with what you need".

(sydney based btw)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats MRT...Basically word for word what Brett Middleton told me first time I spoke to him, about an aftermarket TMIC...
All Weather Driving (AWD) and Excellent Sideways Performance (ESP) as Standard
ej25tt
formerly runamuk

Car: 3rd gen liberty rx wagon

Postby stew07gt » Tue May 31, 2011 9:34 pm

yeah, i didnt even bother replying because i couldnt come up with a reply that was both genuine and not too rude after that point, only hit it up because well i was shopping around, only to find that the only 2 dump pipes i actually seem to be able to get for a pre-facelift 2.0 for my gt are either phats or an avo one, and i dont really have that kind of cash, well not for a time longer than this new modding bug will take to get to me lol. still.. they sent a flood of useless emails and a scare campaign... heaps not keen
stew07gt
-stickered-

Car: MY05 GT MT (pearl white)
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14846

Postby ItstheLPC » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:35 pm

I think there is a silent word hidden in MRT and most of us know what that word is.
Ive heard only bad things about them in NSW, can vouch for other states,
My pooor neighbour was pumped about some ridiculously expensive X kit or something which was fitted to his car. 2 weeks later the engine blew.
10k later to rebuild it (sti engine with a few mods) and its going again. Mind you MRT claimed it was his fault for one reason or another. Poor fellow was out of so much money and his beloved car.

Now its packing 260awkw, but thats another story.
ItstheLPC

Car: 2004 GT Liberty Premuim

Postby DJC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 pm

In my performance car youth i took my Legacy GT there for it's first "basic service". Came out $2K lighter in my hip pocket. Need i say more?!
:::MY04 Regal Blue Liberty GT Premium:::
|Lowered King Springs|KiDo ECU tune|HID conversion|HKS Filter|LEDs|Slotted rotors|TB Quad Tip exhaust|more TBA...
DJC
-stickered-

Car: MY04 GT Regal Blue Sedan

Postby mod » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:17 pm

stew07gt wrote:my only experience with MRT involved me simply asking for a price on a dump pipe. The email reply i got consisted of "do not do this mod, you will do it wrong and blow the engine up in 6 months, call me asap, we can help you with what you need".

(sydney based btw)

they told me not to drive it with the dump pipe anymore untill they tuned it for $2100 or i would be up for a $10.000 rebuild
yes scare tactics
mod
formerly modman

Car: 08 liberty sti

Postby Boostme » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Wow, after reading there web site and now this I'm not even interested in them
Cars: 98 Autech Rs260, VL Calais Turbo
Misses has a pretty GT spec-b running 17's now :P
Boostme

Car: Autech 260rs , VL Calais Turbo

Postby Arith » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 am

mod wrote:

(sydney based btw)

they told me not to drive it with the dump pipe anymore untill they tuned it for $2100 or i would be up for a $10.000 rebuild
yes scare tactics

I inquired about a tune from them, and after they found out I had a boost controller on my car, they told me it would blow up my engine. They told me to remove it immediately when I come in to get my tune. They said their tune would handle everything the boost controller would do and better. EcuTek would do it all and outperform anything out there. When I asked if I could select what boost I wanted on the fly with EcuTek like I do with the HKS EVS, they said no. I asked if I could view the current boost level at the RPM I was at, like hte HKS, they said no.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby jery » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Jim wrote:i wouldn't touch MRT with a 40ft barge pole, in fact, if i had to drive past an MRT workshop, i would turn the car off and push it past so it won't contact with any of their AIDS through the intake. "hahaaaaaa"

MRT dont care about customers, its just in out give us your money. Ive seen personally 2 huge examples of the poor workmanship and quality of build by them, not to mention many others who have been stung by them. Steer clear.

What you said is absolutely correct, I'm a living victim!!!!!
jery

Car: MY07 Libz STi/08 AUDI S5 8T BLAC 6MT

Previous

Return to Tuning