MRT

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

MRT

Postby badcam40 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:35 pm

gday everyone has anyone heard of MRT performance?
i was looking at getting one of there power kits for my liberty gt specb my08
(one of the kits with a ecu tune, pipes,) any tips for down in melbourne :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
badcam40

Car: Subaru liberty Gt spec B (MY08)

Re: MRT

Postby hamish_023 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:56 pm

hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 pm

i wouldnt touch MRT with a 40ft barge pole, infact, if i had to drive past an MRT workshop, i would turn the car off and push it past so it didnt contract any of their AIDS through the intake.

MRT dont care about customers, its just in out give us your money. Ive seen personally 2 huge examples of the poor workmanship and quality of build by them, not to mention many others who have been stung by them. Steer clear.
Jim

Car: MY07 GT-B

Postby Hobba » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Jim wrote:i wouldnt touch MRT with a 40ft barge pole, infact, if i had to drive past an MRT workshop, i would turn the car off and push it past so it didnt contract any of their AIDS through the intake.

MRT dont care about customers, its just in out give us your money. Ive seen personally 2 huge examples of the poor workmanship and quality of build by them, not to mention many others who have been stung by them. Steer clear.

This is probably not true about all MRT dealers mate. I personally get my car serviced at a workshop in Adelaide which is a MRT dealer, and I couldn't say enough about their customer service! Probably best to talk to someone on here about the MRT in Melb as I wouldn't know, or even better go and talk to them yourself. If you don't like what you see then search the forums, there are plenty of ways to go with your car!
HyperFlow TMIC | HyperFlow Air Intake | AVO Dump Pipe | HKS ES Premium Exhaust | ECUTEK Type 2
Cusco Strut Brace w/BCS | F&R Cusco Sway Bars | Cusco HD Rear SB Mounts | Whiteline Anti-lift Kit
HKS Hipermax III BBTUNE Coilovers |18" Enkei EMK3 Hyper Silver
Hobba

Car: Liberty GT MY05 Black

Postby tkboi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 pm

if your talking about S&J in adelaide then we talking about something completely different i noe that they use MRT stuff but imo their like a company on their own, best service in AUSTRALIA imo for wrx, stis and libs, got so many friends that have been 100% satisfied by S&J service n prices, its a bit deer, but u pay what u get imo.
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby Robbks » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:52 am

Lots of people have used MRT once......
A lot less have used them twice...
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby Hobba » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 pm

tkboi wrote:if your talking about S&J in adelaide then we talking about something completely different i noe that they use MRT stuff but imo their like a company on their own, best service in AUSTRALIA imo for wrx, stis and libs, got so many friends that have been 100% satisfied by S&J service n prices, its a bit deer, but u pay what u get imo.

Indeed talking about S&J! Got my car back today from them very happy again :)
HyperFlow TMIC | HyperFlow Air Intake | AVO Dump Pipe | HKS ES Premium Exhaust | ECUTEK Type 2
Cusco Strut Brace w/BCS | F&R Cusco Sway Bars | Cusco HD Rear SB Mounts | Whiteline Anti-lift Kit
HKS Hipermax III BBTUNE Coilovers |18" Enkei EMK3 Hyper Silver
Hobba

Car: Liberty GT MY05 Black

Postby Skywarp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:55 pm

I would never, ever go anywhere near mrt ever again. Not after the way I was treated and lied to.

Anywhere else would be better... Anywhere.
"I'm NOT afraid of Sasquatch. I just think we should all be on alert."
Skywarp

Car: B4

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Still want to use MRT?
Jim

Postby speakafreaka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 pm

But they covered it under their warranty* right? RIGHT?
Graphite Grey MY10 Liberty 2.5GT Premium Wagon:G33KMobile 2.0
HiTech Mufflers, HKS Filter, Rear Spoiler, Grille
speakafreaka

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:55 pm

hahah lucky for me, it wasnt me who outlayed the money for the engine. Only had 30,000km on it though! Every piston skirt was scuffed, and the bearing shells on the mains and big ends were assembled dirty with even the copper starting to show on the shells.
Jim

Postby tkboi » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 am

damn the real MRT is sounding/looking pretty shit atm, thank god we got S&J LOL
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby ej25tt » Mon May 16, 2011 8:19 pm

WTF caused that? and what work was carried out by MRT? Coz i was about to take my car there for its dyno-tune. thank f&#k i didnt!
All Weather Driving (AWD) and Excellent Sideways Performance (ESP) as Standard
ej25tt
formerly runamuk

Car: 3rd gen liberty rx wagon

Postby Jim » Tue May 17, 2011 9:59 pm

That engine was their interpretation of an "engine build".

Close mate of mine outlayed about 10k having the motor built. Brand new everything, apparently. Shortly after he had the engine the water pump failed and he learnt they just reused his old one, they didnt even put a new one on it, and they claimed it wasn't covered by their "warranty".

The "forged" pistons they had used arent even traceable, possibly their own knock ups. The serial numbers stamped on them didnt find any hits on Google or anywhere else. His invoice didnt state a part # or anything for them either, only info he got was "block prepared for forged internals". Also the crank and rods were stock items aswell.

What i believe killed the engine when i had it was poor head work, when i had them rec'od. Although from the carnage it was so difficult to tell exactly what happened.

It appeared that the problem came back to the valve seats being cut off-square to the guides and over time fatigue set in and the stems cracked (Perhaps they were cut using the old guides? Or without the guides?). There really was very little left to try and piece it together from, though the seats looked off square even to the naked eye.

As i said before, this engine wouldnt have lasted anyway. Every single piston skirt (both sides) was scuffed to the shitters (poor clearances) along with poor honing of the bores. Nearly all the crank journal bearings, thrust bearing and large-end rod bearings were assembled in dirty conditions as most of them had shown wear and copper was visable on them. Some of the bearing caps were even dirty UNDER the bearing shells.

Heres more eye candy :D

Jim

Postby bugli » Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 pm

ouch. :shock:
bugli
-stickered-

Car: MY03 RX

Next

Return to Tuning