cv performance couldnt tune my car.

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

cv performance couldnt tune my car.

Postby LGT-05T » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:13 pm

was booked in with a couple of mates on saturday to tune the liberty, got there early in the morning with my 05GT, 07 WRX STI, R33 SKYLINE AND AN 07 GTB.
all excited i put my car on the dyno first only to find out disappointing news that they could not tune my car, apparently there were 2 types of computers on the liberty gt 04-06, they can get into one and not the other can someone clarify this, they tuned my mates 07 gtb. i thought if anything yes the computers might be different from post facelift to face lift but not in the same models apparently they went back to the first computer setup in the facelift models, is this correct...
anyway for the quick tune results the wrx sti went from 193kw atw to 236kw atw and couldnt go anymore cause the AFM was resticting it. the 07 auto gtb went from 118kw atw to 152kw atw, and a quick run without a tune and some mods for the skyline before the fuel system gets done and a proper tune was 236kw atw.
-----------Image----------
LGT-05T

Car: 05 GT

Re: cv performance couldnt tune my car.

Postby Hotwire » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:22 pm

sounds like there is no definition for your ecu. Do you know anyone with an openport cable that can use ecuflash to see what rom Id your ecu is? That would confirm it.
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby Arith » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Good ol' C&V Performance. 'Your tune in 30 minutes or your money back!' :D

How quick was the tune for your friend with the MY07 GTB? Not sure if you've read any previous feedback about C&V, but they roll cars on and off the dyno like an assembly line, with little regard to custom tuning. They throw on a saved map from previous MY07+ tunes, and then it's 1 or 2 runs to ensure nothing blows up and then off it goes. But I'm sure your friend will enjoy it regardless, especially since he's now up to 152kw.

As for your car, take it to Pulse. Paul's tuned plenty of pre-face lifted Libertys. And he spends more time on it. The only reason C&V are even able to OpenECU tune MY07+ Libertys is because of Phat GT. Before that, it was mainly with Haltech's and other external ECU's. Sorry you had to make the trip all the way up only to be disappointed. :(

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby swingn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:45 am

Has your car been tuned before with ECUtek? That could be the issue...

The only other problem I've heard in regards to tuning a pre-face lifted GT was if you had a full Jap Spec ECU (Like I did :P). For some reason the software can't access it, & that includes Subaru Australia's software... Funny thing is, the car still ran perfectly & Subaru were able to re-key for the new ECU, but just can't do anything else with it.

Btw, C&V have tuned quite a few pre-face lifted GT's in the past with no dramas at all.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby LGT-05T » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 pm

hotwire_ no i dont but ill probably leave it for someone else.

swingin_yes they have tuned alot in the past, but from wat i was told they have recently updated all there software aswell, but who knows...and no the car has not been tuned before at all, well i don't think so anyway...

and, Arith your definately right about "your half hour tune or your money back" so to speak, it wasnt that long on the dyno, probably about 15 mins. anyway spoke to Paul at Pulse today and might be going in to see him for a tune, when i can get some free time off work. so we'll see what happeneds, but have to see Kev at Process West before i get the tune.
-----------Image----------
LGT-05T

Car: 05 GT

Return to Tuning