MY10 GT Liberty ECU Reflash

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

MY10 GT Liberty ECU Reflash

Postby ttb » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi,

I have recently purchased a MY10 GT Liberty, have spoken to numerous people, and have a few questions regarding an ECU reflash.

1. Has anyone done one as yet on the MY10. What kind of results have been achieved... People are telling me a minimum 40% increase which is absolutely fantastic BUT they have personally never done a MY10 GT Liberty before. Maybe similar to the prior year GT's, I am not sure. If anyone has, please let me know your results and recommendations of tuners.

2. My car being a MY10 and having 5 years NEW car warranty... how is this affected. Can the ECU reflash be picked up at all by Subaru? Subaru are saying any change to the ECU will be void ALL warranty??

3. Can the new ECU reflash be turned on and off when required. Interchange between the new program and factory settings for example like the Audis.

Thanks in advance
ttb

Car: MY10 Liberty GT wagon

Re: MY10 GT Liberty ECU Reflash

Postby rrussh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Is your GT an Auto or Manual?

ROMRAIDER which is the open source program used for tuning, doesnt have definitions for the auto yet, (im still waiting for for my car).
If you dont mind having your ECU locked to EcuTek dealers then have a look at MRT.
They have power kits available for the MY10 GT. They recently had a manual MY10 GT in the Hot Tuner Challenge. Power gains depend on who's dyno its on :)

Apparently Subaru cannot tell if your ECU has been reflashed..... apparently.
rrussh

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Return to Tuning