TuneHouse Performance Sydney

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

TuneHouse Performance Sydney

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:16 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using these guys??? They seem pretty professional.

http://www.tunehouse.com.au/index.html

I have emailed them to get some info.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Re: TuneHouse Performance Sydney

Postby swingn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 pm

I have spoken to them a few times & they have been very helpful, although they were very poor with getting back to me... So I went else where.

Since I work around the corner from them, other automotive shops in the area have had experience with them & the opinion seems to be, stay away from them...

That being said, IMHO, it comes down to what your wanting to have done.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:16 am

Thanks for that swingn. I'm just looking to get a mild tune to improve the overall car and get a bit better fuel economy and maybe new mufflers for a bit of extra noise. So I am just doing a bit of research at the moment. MRT, by the looks of it, are the only company I have found that have an overall solution. But I don't thing I like the idea of getting locked in to ECUTek.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby swingn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:47 am

Would suggest talking to C&V Performance in the Shire... Heaps of our members have used them & gotten good results :D
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby jimbo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:47 am

I spoke to these guys, it took them 2 weeks to get back to me and wanted 2000 for the ecutek tune so I decided to not use them.

But each to their own, they seem quite professional
Blue Holden SS-V ute.....stock for now
jimbo

Car: VE SS-V Ute

Postby Arith » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:25 pm

garbo41610 wrote:MRT, by the looks of it, are the only company I have found that have an overall solution. But I don't thing I like the idea of getting locked in to ECUTek.

MRT is a one-stop shop, but you pay for that with a higher price and being locked into EcuTek. It's your money in the end, and some times it's worth it because it's more convenient for some people. Pulse Tuning has my vote at the moment for a tune, and for mufflers get it custom made by places like Liverpool Exhaust who produced the Phat quads. They should be able to knock up a custom set for you for half the price MRT wants.

CV Performance used to be good, but ever since they started doing OpenECU tuning for the Libertys, they got really lazy. Some members (myself included) were in and out in less than hour (simply apply a map from a previously tuned Liberty and tweak). And the results tend to reflect that lack of attention too.

Tunehouse locks you in as well. And even though I've heard ok things from them as well, I haven't heard anything in relation to the Liberty. The tuner can be the best tuner in the world, but I'll still have my doubts if they've never tuned a Liberty before, or mistakenly think a Liberty will be the same as the Impreza.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby gen3v8 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

+1 for Pulse
Just an old V8 fart that has seen the LIGHT
gen3v8

Car: MY09GT SPECB WAGON GEN IV 6mt

Postby Pyramidrocker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:38 pm

What do you guys mean by ''locked'' into ECUTEK?
2005 GT Liberty Wagaon, King Springs, 20'' K-Speed Biaggi's.
Pyramidrocker

Car: 05 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Kekotic » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

It means you cannot take it to anyone else but MRT for re-tunes.
You get locked with them, so they get the cash for the rest of the tunes you do.

I'm sure MRT would bullshit that it's because they don't want anyone else seeing their 'super secret tunes' but in reality it's just to keep you coming back to them and handing over the cash.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby smythie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 am

Once an ECUTEK licence is installed on the ECU, most other interrogation formats won't be able to read the ECU. This includes the Subaru Dealer's equipment. If you go to MRT, you will not be locked into going back to MRT - you can go to any tuner who uses ECUTEK (Autotek in Granville uses ECUTEK for example). You will be locked into ECUTEK but you will not be locked into going back to MRT.

ECUTEK isn't inherently a bad system - one of the tuners with a great reputation and recommended by most of the Adelaide guys is S&J and they use ECUTEK. They also appear to be a lot more open and honest about ECUTEK than MRT have been in the past.

The makers of ECUTEK advertise that the licence can be removed from the ECU "without leaving a trace" but whether that is completely true I have not seen. I have also read other speculation that certain tuners knew how to read an ECUTEK locked ECU using an open source system.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby blacktop™ » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 pm

smythie wrote: I have also read other speculation that certain tuners knew how to read an ECUTEK locked ECU using an open source system.

i'd love to hear more about that...or is it just a rumour?
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby smythie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Ok, did some searching back a bit and bumped into the below thread. Take note of the comments from coyote towards the end of the thread

ecuteked ecu for 07 for sale on mrt forum
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby chris@tunehouse » Thu May 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi guys,

I came across this thread simply searching for the mention of 'Tunehouse', Then read on with interest! :)

We're a big supporter of Flash tuning here at Tunehouse (on a number of makes and models: Holden, Ford, Subaru, ,Mitsubishi and a great deal of Euro offerings as well) and I've personally been involved heavily with Subaru and Mitsubishi ECU flashing myself in a former life...

That being said there is indeed quite a significant range of views on the different offerings for Liberty tuning - which are all valid! I would be interested to hear if there is any extra information I can offer to help you guys out...? I'm not a paying advertiser on here, so I won't spruke the usual lines but I clearly marked my user anme so it didn't look like I was trying to hide anything... :D

Anways - Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything at all I can help with!

PS: I'm the solution to those that weren't gotten back to in a timely manner as well, so any questions I can still help with, please let me know!
chris@tunehouse

Car: Mitsubishi Triton

Return to Tuning