ecu diagnosis, hardware, and software

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

ecu diagnosis, hardware, and software

Postby jamos166 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:26 am

hi guys,

I am new on the forum. A great concept. I have learnt a fair bit already in diagnosing a problem i had with idle on my 05GT. I have to change the O2 sensor, found one cheap on ebay for $250.

I am wanting to do some of my own diagnostic work on both my libertys (i have a 2000 RX liberty too). The questions i have are:
1. What cable do i need to plug into the car ecu's for diagnostic information for my laptop? Is this cable interchangeable for both liberty models?
2. Where do i get the cable from? How much? ($)
3. What is the best software to use for this diagnostic work?
4. Where do i get this software from? How much? ($)
5. Upgrading ecu maps for performance. Is this possible and where is the best place to look?

Thanks heaps,
James
jamos166

Car: my05 libert GT

Re: ecu diagnosis, hardware, and software

Postby Boxer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 am

jamos166 wrote:hi guys,

I am new on the forum. A great concept. I have learnt a fair bit already in diagnosing a problem i had with idle on my 05GT. I have to change the O2 sensor, found one cheap on ebay for $250.

I am wanting to do some of my own diagnostic work on both my libertys (i have a 2000 RX liberty too). The questions i have are:
1. What cable do i need to plug into the car ecu's for diagnostic information for my laptop? Is this cable interchangeable for both liberty models?
5. Upgrading ecu maps for performance. Is this possible and where is the best place to look?

Thanks heaps,
James

Tactrix v1.3 for the 05 GT, unsure what port is on your RX
http://www.limitless.co.nz/cables/ - around $180
ROMRAIDER and Learning View
www.romraider.com/
www.romraider.com/ - Free
Customer is best if you can tune, otherwise you can play with maps on the Rom raider forums at your own risk
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Re: ecu diagnosis, hardware, and software

Postby jamos166 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks heaps Boxer! I have ordered the cable and dowloaded the software. Fortunately the cable will suit both models :) Got it for $130 on that site (fortunately our currency is strong).

If anyone knows of maps i could consider loading into the GT down the track for better performance, let me know.

Thanks again,
James
jamos166

Car: my05 libert GT

Return to Tuning