MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Re: MSR Tuning - 2007 GT Auto

Postby jacks-GTB » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:22 am

peadya100 wrote:
jacks-GTB wrote:Ay Adam,

Your in good hands with MSR :)

If you need help installing parts give us a yell

Thanks Jackson!
I see you're from the central coast. I grew up in Norah head and am still up there every few weeks.
If im right, youre selling some intakes on ebay.. if so, im actually interested in them. Having no knowledge of turbo cars and even where those parts go id love to have a look at them one day when im up the coast.

Hey adam,

yeah born & raised :) haha

yeah drop by, I'll do you a good deal :)

just email or pm me :) kobemotorsport@gmail.com
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby peadya100 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Nice one Jackson.
Ive booked my car in with MSR on the 6th of April. He suggested i do the intake while my car is with him and he quoted me $400 installed. How hard are they to install? If they cost $190 like you have them on ebay for, thats a fair bit of labour. Id almost prefer to have a crack at it myself hehe.

He also said that the autos need a custom dump pipe which adds quite a bit of cost to it. He quoted me $1400 for the TBE in mild steel.

I bought the turbosmart kompact BOV which ill just put on myself.. cant be that hard surely..... famous last words!!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby PoidaGT » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

peadya100 wrote:Nice one Jackson.
Ive booked my car in with MSR on the 6th of April. He suggested i do the intake while my car is with him and he quoted me $400 installed. How hard are they to install? If they cost $190 like you have them on ebay for, thats a fair bit of labour. Id almost prefer to have a crack at it myself hehe.

He also said that the autos need a custom dump pipe which adds quite a bit of cost to it. He quoted me $1400 for the TBE in mild steel.

I bought the turbosmart kompact BOV which ill just put on myself.. cant be that hard surely..... famous last words!!

Hey Adam

I see you've updated your Avatar to your new GT, looks like mine :)

You should be able to find a new stainless dump pipe for under $1000 for a GT auto on the web (stay away from Invidia).
The x force centre and y pipe in mild steel should cost about $350 supplied.
Mick will still charge you to fit it though.

$400 for the intake would be supplied and Pro Speed Racing.
Mick was showing me the sensor that heaps of people break when trying to pit the inlet pipe themselves.
I think the sensor costs around $250 to replace from Subaru so it can cost you more if you fit it yourself and do it the wrong way.
A few on the forum said it was a real pain in the arse fitting the inlet pipe so i just let mick do it and he did so quick and made it look really simple.
I really hate that sickening feeling when you do it yourself and bugger something up that then becomes a hard fix.
Last edited by PoidaGT on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Postby PoidaGT » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:24 pm

jacks-GTB wrote:
cruisn wrote:I had a VF34P20 on my 2.0T Legacy with JDM V3 STi ecu.

That was fun times. :mrgreen:

Oooo the p20.....very nice mark

Hey Jackson

What is P20 version of the VF34? Is there any difference to a normal VF34?

Do you know how hard it is to add a VF46 or VF52 compressor housing to a VF34?
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby peadya100 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Yep ill definitely get mick to install it then. Best its done right.
Yeah the new lib looks exactly like yours and will prob stay thst way. I really like the specb wheels so cant see myself ever changing them. Id LOVE some sti mufflers though eventually.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby PoidaGT » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 am

peadya100 wrote:Yep ill definitely get mick to install it then. Best its done right.
Yeah the new lib looks exactly like yours and will prob stay thst way. I really like the specb wheels so cant see myself ever changing them. Id LOVE some sti mufflers though eventually.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some Sti mufflers either. (sti wheels and front lip would look good too)
They normally go for about $400 (pair) here on the forum.
There is probably only1 or 2kw in power gains but it looks pretty awesome.
Every bolt on mod generally requires a retune though.
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby Rome_BRZ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm

PoidaGT wrote:
peadya100 wrote:Yep ill definitely get mick to install it then. Best its done right.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some Sti mufflers either. (sti wheels and front lip would look good too)
They normally go for about $400 (pair) here on the forum.
There is probably only1 or 2kw in power gains but it looks pretty awesome.
Every bolt on mod generally requires a retune though.

Maybe $400 for crappy ones, I see them regularly go for $500 all the way up to $700
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby peadya100 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Im not really worried about a performance gain from the sti mufflers, just love the look of them and the nice note they have. Not too loud, just nice. Im undecided if I like the front lip. I do like sti wheels but id probably only get them if I was planning on upgrading to brembos.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby PoidaGT » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:53 pm

peadya100 wrote:Im not really worried about a performance gain from the sti mufflers, just love the look of them and the nice note they have. Not too loud, just nice. Im undecided if I like the front lip. I do like sti wheels but id probably only get them if I was planning on upgrading to brembos.

My Missus has already badly scaped 2 of my GTB wheels so i'm not in a hurry to pay a fortune for STI wheels. :(
I just bought her a 2nd hand Golf GTI in showroom condition with 18 inch wheels in perfect condition.
I wonder how long they will stay that way??
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby peadya100 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:53 pm

hahaha.. if shes anything like my wife it wont be long. She has a golf as well and shes somehow managed to destroy the wheels on the drivers side as well.

Im going to have to buy new spec b wheels for my new liberty. The previous owner has scratched all but 1 very badly. Even the spare is scratched :(

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby PoidaGT » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:25 pm

peadya100 wrote:hahaha.. if shes anything like my wife it wont be long. She has a golf as well and shes somehow managed to destroy the wheels on the drivers side as well.

Im going to have to buy new spec b wheels for my new liberty. The previous owner has scratched all but 1 very badly. Even the spare is scratched :(

When I bought my GT, all 4 wheels were badly guttered.
I managed to drop the price about $1k for the gutter rash.
I found a wheel place near Bankstown that had 5 containers full of GTB wheels for sale, $125 each.
Apparently the wheel company bought the wheels from Subaru super cheap.
All STI libs landed here in Oz as standard GTs and were fitted with sti bits later, hence the stockpile of GTB rims.
After I advertised their EBay link on this forum, the wheel price jumped up to $275.
PoidaGT
-stickered-

Postby peadya100 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Yeah I bought some spec b wheels off that wheelpower at the lower price 2 years ago and just noticed theyre now more than double. Hes obviously had a bit of demand and wants to make more money. Fair enough but sucks for me and everyone else that wants them haha

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby alexeiwoody » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:49 am

Hey guys there are no performance gains from sti mufflers. They're the same as stock just different tips...some tcp or hi tech quads would give you the same look and 5kw odd on a 3" tbe, just be mindful most aftermarket mufflers drone with a full 3" tbe on an auto... I've been told hi techs don't drone? Haven't tested that myself :) they definitely sound better than sti :lol:

Also to see the gains from bolt ons you need a re tune, but you dont have to have a retune straight away for things like mufflers, tmic, bov, 'hi flow' panel filter and even a silicon inlet pipe (although don't floor it at the lights with the inlet pipe without a retune - 90% sure it wont do any damage but just in case your ecu cant keep up).

Better to let a good workshop, like msr ;), do the inlet pipe as jackson said, but also because they'll run a boost leak test which will save you so much headache later. Seen so many people struggle with boost leak because of DIY pipes :shock:

Hopefully this helps and maybe saves some moneys

And if you want to save even more...a good tune can be had for $120 while you're installing all the parts on and once theyre all on - turbo tbe fluffy dice etc...then go to msr for a final tune on the dyno and happy days :D
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby peadya100 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for the advice Alexie.
I have decided to go down the Hi-tech muffler route.. from what ive seen on youtube they are a bit quiter than most others so fingers crossed the drone wont be too much to handle in an auto wagon. If it gets too much ill just put a better resonator in i think. But i have to accept the fact that a better flowing exhaust is going to be louder.. If all else fails there may be a set of slightly used Hi-tech mufflers up for grabs on here in the near future :lol:

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby alexeiwoody » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Don't even bother putting them up for sale - ill buy them haha :) although if I can tame my drone then I might go varex volume control...hmmm
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning