After market headers

Exhaust modifications

After market headers

Postby TheGreatPunanski » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:47 pm

I currently have a stock sti exhaust but I want something abit louder with abit more rumble, I do like the sti exhaust and was looking at getting after market headers..
Are they worth getting or is it just a waste of money? Most of you might say to just upgrade my exhaust system..
TheGreatPunanski

Car: Sooby has been SOLD!

Re: After market headers

Postby Tewaka » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:27 pm

You will find alot of people here who have Aftermarket have gone with Raptor Headers, im waiting on their shipment to arrive, then getting me some.
Tewaka

Car: Liberty MY06 Wagon

Postby TheGreatPunanski » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 pm

How much do raptors go for? Do you have stock exhaust system?

I'm just wondering if after market headers are worth putting on with my stock sti exhaust.
TheGreatPunanski

Car: Sooby has been SOLD!

Postby Bennis » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Going off your profile Im taking you have a GT liberty? If so then raptor headers will not suit your car, as they are designed for the n/a ez30 flat 6 (second version).

I think the general consensus with any turbo flat 4 subaru setup is that the stock unequal length headers/exhaust manifold are fine until you have maximised all other logical upgrades (turbo, fuel, etc).

Being that yours is a 2007, you should have unequal length headers. So leave them be and just upgrade the rear mufflers if you only want a sound upgrade for the classic subaru burble, or you can go for a full turbo back exhaust for sound + performance upgrade. Keep in mind a tune will likely be needed if you go for a full upgrade (someone who owns one could probably confirm that).

If you happen to still insist on changing the exhaust manifold, changing to a different unequal length aftermarket manifold will keep the subaru burble. Changing to an equal length aftermarket manifold will mean you will lose the iconic 'subaru' sound, and it will sound more like other turbo 4 cylinder cars, e.g. Evos/ Silvias/ etc...

Changing the headers to either unequal or equal length and leaving the stock system on will make virtually no change in the sound level, only a change to the note of the exhaust (should you go equal length) .
Bennis

Car: 3.0R Outback

Return to Exhausts