05 2.5i exhaust set up

Exhaust modifications

05 2.5i exhaust set up

Postby tomshaw » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:22 pm

Hey guys, just looking for a some advice/opinions on my current exhaust plans.

At the moment I'm looking at some headers I found on gumtree (don't really want to post the link as I'm not sure how many the seller has left...) and the quad tip mufflers from ultrex when they come out around June.

It's mainly for the sound and that sweet quad tip look, because I get that there isn't much more power to be found in the 2.5i so performance doesn't really bother me.

Being on a tight apprentice budget, I'm trying to go for the best bang for buck, that's why I'm not bothering with a full catback, but if having the stock mid and y-pipes will have a serious effect then I may have to look at them too. I'm not going to go a catback alone, because I really want the headers to bring out the boxer burble.

Just for price comparison:
Headers - $295
Ultrex mufflers - $400 ish

Thanks! :)
tomshaw

Car: 2005 Liberty 2.5i

Re: 05 2.5i exhaust set up

Postby Surge » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:06 pm

If you can find someone with a current shape wrx getting rid of their center/y pipe and quads that might be a cheap way to go.

Thats what I've gone with. You would need to get the hangers modified to ensure the quads hang high enough.

Another thing to note is that the quad tips wont fit the cutout in the bumper. Might just have to hang a touch lower.

However if you get that sorted the sound is awesome and they look mint.

I got mine ok ebay for only $50 (though I had to drive for 8 hours to pick them up).
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Return to Exhausts