AVO dump pipe

Exhaust modifications

AVO dump pipe

Postby Gtb08 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:40 pm

Big shout out to Andrew at Gold coast mufflers for fitting my AVO dump pipe today and Lee at AVOturbo for his excellent service on getting me the pipe inside two days from order...and his communication. Very easy to talk to amd deal with.

I bought an invidia dump pipe and it didnt fit, and andrew only charged a third he needed to to save me a few$$$$ i got the AVO dump fitted today and it went well. The cat clears the auto by around 15-20mm unlike other more difficult to fit units.

Noticable drop in the flat spot in i mode with Kido retune in the morning, i am now a happy camper.

I recommend this dump for an auto liberty 2.5T and inrecommend Andrew and the guys at gold coast mufflers to fit it.....even cost less than half I quoted at other GC muffler shops
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Re: AVO dump pipe

Postby Riffnugget » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:56 am

Nice! Which invidia dump pipe did you try? I was looking at this one http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/shop ... l?___SID=U

I was going to get this, but now you said yours didn't fit so I'm leaning toward the AVO one.

btw, How much did it cost to fit?
Riffnugget

Car: Subaru Liberty GT Spec B MY07
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30657

Postby Gtb08 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Hey Riff,
Yes that is the one that didn't fit my car(same part number). Other members have had the same issue as me, however some have the pipe modified to make fit- these fit with a lot more clearance
Andrew charged $150 to fit the pipe. Pipe cost $880 as advertised on the AVO site, and cost $11 to deliver. I spoke to Lee a couple of times but bought online for the cheap freight.
The AVO pipe also has a splitter in the bellmouth. It is also a separate part to the pipe(not welded on like Invidia) Makes fitting a little easier also.
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Postby ss- » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Just out curiosity what part of the invidia didnt fit???
ss-

Postby Gtb08 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:29 pm

ss- wrote:Just out curiosity what part of the invidia didnt fit???

Once the bellmouth was lined up the cat in the pipe hit against the atm and could not line up to the middle pipe. Close to an inch out. Right length. As above inused a muffler shop so wasnt me just saying this..... Same shop fitted the AVO kit
Gtb08

Return to Exhausts