Better sound from Gen V GT

Exhaust modifications

Better sound from Gen V GT

Postby legalis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:59 am

I have a 2014 Gen V GT, manual, which I want to get a better sound out of. I'm not interested in performance as it will never be tuned, just a better note. I have checked with a couple of exhaust companies over here in WA (Metthams Mufflers is one) and they suggest a set of sports mufflers and a bigger y-pipe, pricing being around $550 fitted, $400 for mufflers by themselves. Is this what people would recommend? Is it a fair price? Any recommendations for installers in Perth? Should I fork out more for a cat back? I appreciate everyone's suggestions, this forum has never steered me wrong.
MY14 2014 Liberty GT Premium
legalis

Car: 2014 GT Premium

Re: Better sound from Gen V GT

Postby muzza » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:45 pm

The centre resonator is straight through and I have read of others putting in a smaller one to increase noise at the tail but leaving the stock rear mufflers. Don't know how successful that would be.

Simpler and cheaper to source some quad outlet WRX (widebody or earlier STi) rear mufflers - they make more sporty noise on Gen V and can be picked up quite cheap if you hunt around tuning places, they bolt straight on and simply need some tip work to fit with the bumper.
Like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WRX-STI-Quad ... 2a5486c5af
Muzza
MY13 GT wagon auto - SOLD.
MY19 Golf R wagon current
muzza

Car: MY19 Golf R wagon

Re: Better sound from Gen V GT

Postby kiwigene » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 am

Are those Jacks? I see the KobeMotorsport banner in the eBay ad...
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22087

Return to Exhausts