Invidia Dump Pipe Fitment

Exhaust modifications

Invidia Dump Pipe Fitment

Postby kimBle » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi guys,

I had my Invidia catback installed a while ago and then decided to get the dump as well and then found out the cat hit the gearbox before closing up completely at the bell :( . Has this happened to anyone before? Install was being done by a professional and not myself.

Any comment/advice would be appreciated :D

07 TB STI Auto, stock turbo

Photos for reference

kimBle

Car: '07 Liberty TB STI

Re: Invidia Dump Pipe Fitment

Postby kimBle » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Andddd it looks like the photos didnt show up...
kimBle

Postby shav » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:15 pm

The installer needs to adjust it just enough for the dump to clear the gearbox. There is a method and it will work, but the installer needs to show some patience in getting it to clear.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby kimBle » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Thanks shav. When you say "adjust it" do you just mean the orientation of the pipe when its going in? Had a good fiddle for about 30 mins until we came to a conclusion that the pipe itself needs to be adjusted. I would go ahead but just wanted to ensure it wasn't because of something else
kimBle

Postby shav » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 pm

kimBle wrote:Thanks shav. When you say "adjust it" do you just mean the orientation of the pipe when its going in? Had a good fiddle for about 30 mins until we came to a conclusion that the pipe itself needs to be adjusted. I would go ahead but just wanted to ensure it wasn't because of something else

Yes the pipe itself needs to be tweaked in it's position for it to clear the box enough. The clearance isnt a lot. Probably 2-3mm but it's enough for it to not hit, which is the goal.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Return to Exhausts