MY07 2.5t SpecB tbSTI - Full Exhaust System Options

Exhaust modifications

MY07 2.5t SpecB tbSTI - Full Exhaust System Options

Postby Micksta » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Sup everyone!

There are a million posts on the club liberty forum. I've gotten lost up in them!

I own a MY07 2.5t SpecB tbSTI Sedan manual 6spd. I'd like to purchase a full turbo back exhaust system. I'm more interested in gaining some nice KW than sound.
A friend of mine, member - tuanez, recommended contacting TCP Auto in QLD, via the member tbear. I sent TCP Auto a message in their store thread weeks ago, but haven't had any reply.

I'm in Victoria and looking for a place I can buy the full exhaust system that bolts onto the standard brackets etc (straight fit - no modification needed) , fit it myself (Auto Electrician/Mechanic by trade), and somewhere to tune the car afterwards (Tuner garage with a proper all wheel drive dyno etc).

Can anyone offer me some of their knowledge?

Thank a million! 8)
Last edited by Micksta on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micksta

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec B TB STI

Re: MY07 2.5t SpecB tbSTI - Full Exhaust System Options

Postby shav » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Invidia do a full TBE with no modifications required. It's a full bolt on system. Speak to Troy from Pro Speed Racing, or Paul from Street to Track. It's also possible that Jack from Kobe Motorsport does these too. All of these guys are site sponsors.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby ferret89 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:10 pm

As Shav said, there are a few brands that offer full bolt on turbo-back systems. More options if you have a manual, though Invidia do have a dump pipe that works with our auto (one of the few direct bolt-ons for auto). I have heard that Invidia are quite good quality and reasonably priced too

It will increase noise by quite a bit, if you don't want a whole lot of extra noise you might want to look at a sizeable mid muffler or possibly keeping your stock mufflers. Also as you are aware drive it very carefully once its on until you can get it properly tuned as well, ie keep it off boost as much as possible
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby Tomi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm also in the same boat. The only brands I can find are Invidia and XForce (both of which I hear are loud systems). I do want a TCP one but cannot find this exhaust anywhere...
Tomi

Car: Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby Mosti » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:21 pm

I picked up a TCP Auto turbo back system off Tony abit over a week ago. He was very on and off when it came to returning my emails so I texted him. I may have picked up the last system though
Mosti
formerly "b4bullet"

Car: TB STi Wagon #43

Postby Micksta » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks so much for all the replies fellas!
I've been a bit slack, only reading them now.

Mmmm so Invidia and X-Force seem to be my only local options. I took a look on the X-Force website. The system looks great and it's stainless steel which is fantastic! I removed an X-Force system from a VE SS Wagon a couple of days ago at work. It wasn't stainless steel, and there was rust and holes around the muffler weld joins - was stuffed.

I've heard good things about Turbo Engineering in Thomastown, VIC. They've got a 4wd dyno and come across as very professional. Has anyone delt with them before?
Micksta

Postby Micksta » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:08 am

Looks as though the Invidia Exhaust mufflers have the nice Quad Tips. X-Force doesn't look to have the Quad Tips Muffler option.... :(
Micksta

Postby jslayz » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:23 pm

If I was in your situation I would do follows
Dump pipe only = most of the kw gains you can get until you change turbo.
Just do that to keep the noise down.
Silicone intake at same time recommended.
Then tune.
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Return to Exhausts