2010 liberty GT -- downpipe recommend

Exhaust modifications

2010 liberty GT -- downpipe recommend

Postby sprite798 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm

hi everyone

I have a 2010 liberty GT - manual and ECU tunned by Matt, and looking for a down pipe upgrade.

there are lots of options for BL but not BM, could anyone recommend a good deal?

btw, I am in sydney, looking for downpipe only because this is a family car, and do not want the noise exhaust

Thx
sprite798

Car: Liberty GT

Re: 2010 liberty GT -- downpipe recommend

Postby Gen5is » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Call Garage 88 or browse the member profiles.
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby sprite798 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Gen5is wrote:Call Garage 88 or browse the member profiles.

they quota HKS $1340 which too higher than my budget.

I saw people here had something like 700+ for their BL, but not sure if anything similar for my BM
sprite798

Postby superjoshism » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm aware of the following companies which make dumps for the MY10/BM Liberty:

MRT
Invidia
AVO
HKS
XForce

That's it off the top of my head.

Lots of people seem to go for the Invidia as it is a good price/performance mix.

I'm still looking/researching for the time being before I commit and buy a system.
superjoshism

Postby sprite798 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:01 am

superjoshism wrote:I'm aware of the following companies which make dumps for the MY10/BM Liberty:

MRT
Invidia
AVO
HKS
XForce

That's it off the top of my head.

Lots of people seem to go for the Invidia as it is a good price/performance mix.

I'm still looking/researching for the time being before I commit and buy a system.

Hi Josh:

Thx for your information, yes, I do heard invidia and they do good exhaust sounds, I am contacting invidia dealer for a quota

have a question and not sure if you could help

my understanding of exhaust is make up by - dump pipe + front pipe + cat + exhaust

if i don't want full exhaust because the muffler noise
then should i go dump pipe only ?
or dump pipe + font pipe ?
sprite798

Postby superjoshism » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:21 pm

The stock system (from memory) is:

dump pipe > front pipe > centre pipe > y pipe > muffs

Some companies (Invidia and MRT for example), combine the dump+front pipe and just call it a downpipe.

On the other hand, companies like AVO and HKS have the dump + front pipes as separate units which can be bolted up to the stock system or any other aftermarket systems as long as the lengths are right.

The cat is in the dump pipe, straight after the turbo. The MRT offering moves the cat down to the end of the front pipe, close to where it meets the centre pipe. I questioned them on this and they said the cat should be as far away from the turbo as possible, however I'm taking it with a grain of salt due to MRT's reputation of scare tactics etc...

I know that MRT and AVO offer systems which are dump pipe all the way back to the Y pipe, but retain the stock mufflers to keep noise down.

Some of the more experienced GenV members around the place may be able to chime in with more information
superjoshism

Postby sprite798 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:42 pm

superjoshism wrote:The stock system (from memory) is:

dump pipe > front pipe > centre pipe > y pipe > muffs

Some companies (Invidia and MRT for example), combine the dump+front pipe and just call it a downpipe.

On the other hand, companies like AVO and HKS have the dump + front pipes as separate units which can be bolted up to the stock system or any other aftermarket systems as long as the lengths are right.

The cat is in the dump pipe, straight after the turbo. The MRT offering moves the cat down to the end of the front pipe, close to where it meets the centre pipe. I questioned them on this and they said the cat should be as far away from the turbo as possible, however I'm taking it with a grain of salt due to MRT's reputation of scare tactics etc...

I know that MRT and AVO offer systems which are dump pipe all the way back to the Y pipe, but retain the stock mufflers to keep noise down.

Some of the more experienced GenV members around the place may be able to chime in with more information

Hi Josh:

i have received quota from invidia $1050 for down pipe ( which you mentioned before, its dump pipe + front pipe <incude Cat>)

I also got quota from Xforce $650 for - I am not sure its down pipe or dump pipe now :?

Matt told me to just upgrade down pipe to get more power and without noise, but i guess they means the whole pipe except the muffler

Thanks for your information any way
sprite798

Postby superjoshism » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Yep, so the Invidia one is the whole down pipe (dump + front pipe). I'm not sure if it will bolt up to the rest of the factory exhaust though.

The Xforce one also looks to be dump + front pipe according to the picture here.

I'm assuming you mean KiDo Matt, and yep he's right. What I can gather from reading around the place is that the only really restrictive part of the GenV exhaust is the dump pipe.
superjoshism

Postby Pablo.S » Fri May 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Xforce dump pipe is best for bang

you will need dump pipe only, do not need front pipe
Pablo.S

Car: Subaru LIberty GT BM9

Postby garthos » Sun May 17, 2015 3:09 pm

they quota HKS $1340 which too higher than my budget.

I saw people here had something like 700+ for their BL, but not sure if anything similar for my BM

Hey mate,

I was recently quoted $898 (give or take depending on conversion rates) for the HKS dump delivered to my door - I'm round the corner from you in Marsfield, same postcode by Jesse Streeter.

I currently have HKS Catback system and looking to get dump fitted as well, but just waiting for the timing to be right.
garthos
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Return to Exhausts