TCP mufflers

Exhaust modifications

TCP mufflers

Postby rajdog » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi ive had a 06 tuned by STI auto wagon from new and finally have it sounding good,, see at first many years ago I fitted a AVO centre pipe section because it was a easy fit and I didn't want to change the STI rear mufflers because of the look,, it gave it a nice burble at idle and bit better sound at full noise ( as far as 2 litre twin scrolls go) , then I sourced a HKS dump pipe which is a work of art and I wanted to keep every thing bolt on and it all did except now the extra flow all the way from the turbo to the STI quad tipped baffled mufflers created a awful sound, nice deep idle horrible tinny resonance when you where up it,, anyway ive put up with it for years because I didn't want a whole new system, or ratty looking exhaust shop mufflers on the rear and wanted the quad tip look and thanks to Tony at TCP he had the solution, his quad tipped mufflers bolted straight up, they look fantastic my pipe sizes match up and finally it has a note that putts a smile on my face and the part im most happy with and always a worry with straight through mufflers and auto cars is its quiet at light throttle cruise speeds, id even say more so than my resonating STI mufflers,,, look ive really rattled on a long story but I hope it helps anyone going through the same thing or thinking about using the TCP product very happy with the results.... :D
rajdog

Car: 06 tuned by STI wagon

Re: TCP mufflers

Postby Manaz » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:08 am

Great to hear!
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Return to Exhausts